THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

The course looks awesome.

hole1Pic.jpg

75 foot dropoff to get things started? Nice!
Looks simple to me :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've never played in VA. I have a trip planned with some friends to play Primland in May. Not sure how far this place is but I'm gonna see if it's feasible to pass by

Don't worry that scenario won't be happening. I foresee a beat down by the Carolina crew so bad that some of the DMV crew will want to move to the Carolinas #onlywinnershere

only time will tell. I'm confident in what DMV can bring

I'll be at Arundel Golf park this evening around 6 - 6:15 if anyone in the area wants to get in some practice. Thing that sucks for me is that this is the only heated range that has extended hours, and since I don't get out of work until around 5:30 that's important. Problem is, it's 45 minutes away!

Been back to hitting the gym in the morning as well - feels great! This is going to be an important part of my prep for sure.

I may be there before you, but will depend on the wind. Olney has heard tees and are open til 8 iirc

Speaking of do any of you guys want a piece of someone on the other side? When the event comes is there someone you would prefer to play and beat? Always nice to have some fun friendly personal rivalries in the mix of the event as well.

I think mine is known and shared as T2GRN18 the respect for him is through the roof but that still doesn't mean I want to beat him badly ;).

It would be fun to play against vFlashv or tleishman since we have been to events together that were non competitive. But in reality I don't worry about who I get paired against so if it's against trout, Jeff/john or whoever it will be fun and a battle.

I'll add another as well then. Emart my fellow buffalo brother growing up but now going against each other.

i am looking forward to that chance my buffalo brother. It will happen this year at some point. Club clash, RR, #THPCallOut or another event

Well my last question went over really well, so lets ask a new one.

Better golf vacation destinations.
Myrtle Beach + Hilton Head vs Williamsburg + Virginia Beach?

Golf destinations = Myrtle + Hilton Head
Beach/attractions destinations = Williamsburg + VA Beach (I'm biased I guess since I have a beach house there)

Well I really dont know anyone that well from THP even though I have been a member for a while. This will be a good opportunity for me to meet and make some new thp friends and also bring home the win to NC!

XP95 ... which are the exact shafts that are in my #3 & #4 AP2's :)

Golf destinations = Myrtle + Hilton Head
Beach/attractions destinations = Williamsburg + VA Beach (I'm biased I guess since I have a beach house there)

My parents have a place in North Myrtle and I love the golf there. Asides from 2 courses on the NC/VA border I have never really played much golf in VA. This looks to be a nice course

My parents have a place in North Myrtle and I love the golf there. Asides from 2 courses on the NC/VA border I have never really played much golf in VA. This looks to be a nice course

Designed by the same guy that did Tot Hill and Tobacco Road so I am sure it will be interesting to say the least.

Designed by the same guy that did Tot Hill and Tobacco Road so I am sure it will be interesting to say the least.

For sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only time will tell. I'm confident in what DMV can bring

Me too. I'm sure DMV could bring crab cakes.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Speaking of do any of you guys want a piece of someone on the other side? When the event comes is there someone you would prefer to play and beat? Always nice to have some fun friendly personal rivalries in the mix of the event as well.

I think mine is known and shared as T2GRN18 the respect for him is through the roof but that still doesn't mean I want to beat him badly ;).

I don't have anyone in particular in mind, though there is still plenty of time to add them to the list before the event starts. In my experience with THP events, no matter who I am playing with or against, fun will be had and good sportsmanship will be shown.

I don't have anyone in particular in mind, though there is still plenty of time to add them to the list before the event starts. In my experience with THP events, no matter who I am playing with or against, fun will be had and good sportsmanship will be shown.

I'll gladly be Mr. Hand to your Spicoli and school you in my class.

No preference. I'd gladly beat any of them. :silly:

I've played with Sanzabar, JohnSinVa, and Molten though so it'd be fun to re-tee it up with them.

I'll gladly be Mr. Hand to your Spicoli and school you in my class.

Hey, wait a minute, there's no birthday party for me here

Last edited:
Lynchburg... when is tee time this sunday at RNK? If you don't have 4, I think I'll play.

I'm probably up for playing regardless of weather as long as the course is open. No guarantee of perfect conditions in July either. #thegridisreal

Well, Mother Nature is working against us in MD right now, and a wet weekend on the horizon. Basement chipping and putting continues. Plus, waiting to hear back about an appointment for gap testing the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, Mother Nature is working against us in MD right now, and a wet weekend on the horizon. Basement chipping and putting continues. Plus, waiting to hear back about an appointment for gap testing the bag.

I have 40% chance here. Really hoping it doesn't. The rain has been unreal in NC. Hoping it doesn't since its warming back up this weekend to 60

I have 40% chance here. Really hoping it doesn't. The rain has been unreal in NC. Hoping it doesn't since its warming back up this weekend to 60

Hope it works out for you. It seems like when I was stationed at Bragg fall, winter, and spring lasted 9-10 weeks combined then when to the 80's with insane humidity.

I would have said that Crest and I would have been a good matchup, but he wussed out to go to a wedding or something.

Bumping this for the night crew very curious to hear where people stand on this

Back