THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I didn't let 23 degree temps and rock hard rsnge balls keep me from getting some range time this afternoon. Mainly to get some swings in with the new clubs. But is be lying if I didn't say that I was visualizing it being six months down the road and 80 degrees in SE Virginia warming up before the THPRegionalRivalry round.

If you can see it, you can make it happen.

It's good to see Rob, but I must of missed this in the practice thread :)

I didn't let 23 degree temps and rock hard rsnge balls keep me from getting some range time this afternoon. Mainly to get some swings in with the new clubs. But is be lying if I didn't say that I was visualizing it being six months down the road and 93 degrees, 95% humidity in SE Virginia warming up before the THPRegionalRivalry round.

If you can see it, you can make it happen.

Fixed for more likely weather conditions mid-summer :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good to see Rob, but I must of missed this in the practice thread :)

yep, my bad. I honestly had it in my mind to post there as well. Then I got distracted and forgot. #OldCootItis. I'll make sure I get today's there.

Love that dedication. Just no mishits because the feedback might break a hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no doubt. I had two of those and definitley felt it a bit :beat-up::beat-up:

Seeing the announcement that NY/NJ v NE will be starting their team selection process soon gets the excitement for all the RRs but even more so for when our two regions get to tangle on the course.

People may want to pay attention to all the regional Rivalry threads.

Handicaps ..... Have one! Enuf said

Time is going to go by slowly as I envision this competition. Very excited about this possible opportunity. Will continue to work on my strength, flexibility, and fitness even if I can't actually play due to the weather. This weekend might be possible though as the forecast is for 47 degrees but a high probability of rain. Time will tell. Either way DMV - keep focused on our goal - to beat the Carolinas!!!

Time is going to go by slowly as I envision this competition. Very excited about this possible opportunity. Will continue to work on my strength, flexibility, and fitness even if I can't actually play due to the weather. This weekend might be possible though as the forecast is for 47 degrees but a high probability of rain. Time will tell. Either way DMV - keep focused on our goal - to valiantly try to beat the Carolinas!!!(Yet ultimately fail)

FIFY. Your statement was incorrect.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Starting back at the gym today to get back in shape, I'm going to lose 30lbs by the time we take the course in July, notice I didn't say try. Two years ago I ran a couple of 13 mile tough mudder events with my nephew, who is half my age, but haven't been back to the gym since and put a lot of my weight back on. I think physical fitness will play a part in this event, with it being in July. Don't want to be sucking wind on the last few holes of a tight match.
Range time is starting up this weekend, gotta get ready to beat them boys up north!

Last edited:
Seeing the announcement that NY/NJ v NE will be starting their team selection process soon gets the excitement for all the RRs but even more so for when our two regions get to tangle on the course.
Selection process will be a fun time for all involved that is for sure. 8 people in each region with a ton more behind them going to be an exciting build up to the event and the practice everyone will put in.

Let's all remember though have fun doing it, have fun in the forum, have fun on social media,have fun at the range and course. We are a bunch of guys that are here to have fun and play some golf don't lose sight of the fun because in the end that is all that matters.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Time is going to go by slowly as I envision this competition. Very excited about this possible opportunity. Will continue to work on my strength, flexibility, and fitness even if I can't actually play due to the weather. This weekend might be possible though as the forecast is for 47 degrees but a high probability of rain. Time will tell. Either way DMV - keep focused on our goal - to beat the Carolinas!!!

I like it buddy! Stay strong stay focused.

Selection process will be a fun time for all involved that is for sure. 8 people in each region with a ton more behind them going to be an exciting build up to the event and the practice everyone will put in.

Let's all remember though have fun doing it, have fun in the forum, have fun on social media,have fun at the range and course. We are a bunch of guys that are here to have fun and play some golf don't lose sight of the fun because in the end that is all that matters.

this is the truth. Sux that the DMV will be beating the Carolinas because you are a good dude and I might have to feel sorry for you after you guys lose :D :alien:

Round of applause for these two captains.
Sometimes we pick right, sometimes we pick wrong, but so far in 2016, we are batting a thousand and these two are just are awesome.

this is the truth. Sux that the DMV will be beating the Carolinas because you are a good dude and I might have to feel sorry for you after you guys lose :D :alien:
Don't worry that scenario won't be happening. I foresee a beat down by the Carolina crew so bad that some of the DMV crew will want to move to the Carolinas #onlywinnershere

Don't worry that scenario won't be happening. I foresee a beat down by the Carolina crew so bad that some of the DMV crew will want to move to the Carolinas #onlywinnershere

Got to love an overly optimistic point of view , deluded, but optimistic!!!

I'll be at Arundel Golf park this evening around 6 - 6:15 if anyone in the area wants to get in some practice. Thing that sucks for me is that this is the only heated range that has extended hours, and since I don't get out of work until around 5:30 that's important. Problem is, it's 45 minutes away!

Been back to hitting the gym in the morning as well - feels great! This is going to be an important part of my prep for sure.

Will be exciting to see what everyone else has in their bags though

I'll be repping #GenFLX. C200 irons in the bag. Unless I upgrade to the PMP wedges, it'll be the FG Tour TC wedges, and most likely my Windy City putter too. Not sure what the top of the bag will look like, but it could very well stay the same.

I'll be repping #GenFLX. C200 irons in the bag. Unless I upgrade to the PMP wedges, it'll be the FG Tour TC wedges, and most likely my Windy City putter too. Not sure what the top of the bag will look like, but it could very well stay the same.
Don't change that driver.

I plan on moving to the Carolinas in 5-7 years.. but it will not be because of a Carolina beat down. #warmerweatherthere
Maybe though, we can move down there and show them how to win?

I plan on moving to the Carolinas in 5-7 years.. but it will not be because of a Carolina beat down. #warmerweatherthere
Maybe though, we can move down there and show them how to win?
Winning is already in our blood it is just the Carolina way.

That won't happen! Besides I don't go to the beach cause I hate sand in the crack of my a$$. Why would I go to a place with Sandhills? :)

Alright guys back on topic to the event.

How are you going to get to the point you feel you need to be in your golf game for this event?
One of the things I put a ton of stock in is how you are going to bring that to the forum ?

Kevin and I will have some choices and while I will not speak for him as far as I am concerned everyone on the Carolina's has a blank slate and needs to show the forum and their teammates their drive for this event.

Question 1: practicing short game and putting specifically. Playing with toss up crowds to throw me off my comfort zone. Play from different tees from courses I normally play to play different yardages. And of course make the trip into Raleigh to try and play with some of the guys on THP that play there!!
Question 2: for the actual event, constant updates, photos and fun banter is my number 1 priority. Making the forum feel like they are there. As I prepare for the event, I'll be sharing my experience and how things are progressing and whether I can picked or not to represent the Carolinas, I'll be there to cheer on the boys!

>> Got your sticks with you? Lynchburg14 is looking for a game Sunday at RNK and I think he has a slot open. <<

Not this week ... 19degrees this morning in RIC. I usually head home on THU evenings and back here on Monday's. It's only a 90+ minute drive from Bethesda. But I'll make sure they're in my car from now on!

Bob (Diveguy)

Speaking of do any of you guys want a piece of someone on the other side? When the event comes is there someone you would prefer to play and beat? Always nice to have some fun friendly personal rivalries in the mix of the event as well.

I think mine is known and shared as T2GRN18 the respect for him is through the roof but that still doesn't mean I want to beat him badly ;).

Back