Michigan hackers, check in here

Man sim golf is more expensive than real golf. Lol

Its obviously not a requirement but if I haven't met you and you are interested in #THPRegionalRivalry as a potential captains pick this might be our only chance before signups, plus it could only help you in the rankings.

I'll be there.

What's with the #BeatOhio?
That's the sign of confirmation. Kinda cheesy, but better than the same ole "confirmed"

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

#THPRegionalRivalry prep for Team Michigan

When: Sunday, January 17th, 2016
Tee time is 12 noon sharp.

We are booked for 3 hours.

Where: Cattails Golf Club
57737 9 Mile Rd
South Lyon, MI 48178

Price: $30 each

Interested parties:

- [captain] jdtox (#BeatOhio)
- tpluff (#BeatOhio)
- rbarthle17
- Michigan Slice (#BeatOhio)
- Wyzyguy
- Hacker
- musicmaster6921 (#BeatOhio)
- Stribs
- 2012BFT
- rozo22 (#BeatOhio)
- Solid5112
- Lions81
- jspangs (potentially swinging)

Hopefully this works for everyone as we are having a couple guys coming in from hours away to play. Please give me a confirmation based on the updated info. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a sim charge for 3 hours that isn't used. Thanks for understanding guys and I look forward to it!

Also considering Carl's before hand to swing some new stuff and get warmed up. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for setting it up. Definitely gonna try to make it. Will clear it with the wife as we get closer. Carl's is a bit of a hike from South Lyon, probably 30-40 mins or so.

I wish carls was a tad closer to my work, I'd be there all the time. A 20 min drive each way at lunch doesn't leave me much time to hit clubs or wander around. So I usually settle for the lousy indoor bays at Golfsmith.

Ya its a nice perk of where my office is. Can be there in about 5 minutes, hit balls for a half hour, and get right back to the desk. Its a little dangerously close when you like to try/buy golf equipment.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

57737 9 Mile Rd
South Lyon, MI 48178

Interested parties:

- tpluff (#BeatOhio)
- rbarthle17
- Wyzyguy
- Hacker
- Stribs
- 2012BFT
- rozo22 (#BeatOhio)
- Solid5112
- Lions81

Hopefully this works for everyone as we are having a couple guys coming in from hours away to play. Please give me a confirmation based on the updated info. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a sim charge for 3 hours that isn't used. Thanks for understanding guys and I look forward to it!

Also considering Carl's before hand to swing some new stuff and get warmed up. Let me know what you think.

IN!!! I love the Carl's idea too! Thank you Tyler for setting this up. You are the man!

In for both.

And Carl's in Plymouth is showing as only 18 minutes away.

In for both.

And Carl's in Plymouth is showing as only 18 minutes away.

Ah got ya. My bad, was thinking of the Bloomfield store. Have never been to the plymouth one

I am in for the sim.. Probably Carl's as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

57737 9 Mile Rd
South Lyon, MI 48178

Interested parties:

- tpluff (#BeatOhio)
- rbarthle17 (#BeatOhio)
- Wyzyguy (#BeatOhio)
- Hacker
- Stribs (#BeatOhio)
- 2012BFT (#BeatOhio)
- rozo22 (#BeatOhio)
- Solid5112
- Lions81

Quoting for the couple that haven't responded and those that have to see the update. Appreciate the timely feedback guys.

And yes it's Plymouth in Canton. Smaller and less crowded and the Bloomfield store, but still has all the equipment.

Quoting for the couple that haven't responded and those that have to see the update. Appreciate the timely feedback guys.

And yes it's Plymouth in Canton. Smaller and less crowded and the Bloomfield store, but still has all the equipment.

Idk man, I used to live around the corner from there and I've been to that range and had a solid 20 minute wait for a bay. But it will be a good time regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk man, I used to live around the corner from there and I've been to that range and had a solid 20 minute wait for a bay. But it will be a good time regardless.

Good thing with THPers, is we have a system. 4 or 5 guys, take up 2-3 bays. While one set swings the others reload or watch. It's been pretty fun the several times we've done it.

When we were there last year in the snow it was pretty busy but that was demo days so probably more people than normal that day.

Good thing with THPers, is we have a system. 4 or 5 guys, take up 2-3 bays. While one set swings the others reload or watch. It's been pretty fun the several times we've done it.

Anytime I swing clubs with THPers it's fun, so that's not a worry there.

So this morning I look in my email and I a see a golf now deal for $18 to play cattails. LOL

I think we should just play outside!

Kidding. OR AM I?:alien:

In for sim. If people want to go to Carl's again afterwards or go eat somewhere I could swing it. I can't make it before noon though.

So this morning I look in my email and I a see a golf now deal for $18 to play cattails. LOL

I think we should just play outside!

Kidding. OR AM I?:alien:

Play 18 then sim...?
What's the temp supposed to be down there?

I have a few heaters....

Play 18 then sim...?
What's the temp supposed to be down there?

I have a few heaters....

Long forecast shows a high of 26 and a low of 15 with possible snow. Sounds like about what we played in at Eagle Eye doesn't it? LOL

Long forecast shows a high of 26 and a low of 15 with possible snow. Sounds like about what we played in at Eagle Eye doesn't it? LOL

It does, but I do think it was high 30's...
26 might be too chilly.

But I will hope for a few more degrees to open my mind!

It does, but I do think it was high 30's...
26 might be too chilly.

But I will hope for a few more degrees to open my mind!

26 is definitely too chilly! I will hope for about 24 more degrees to open my mind.

26 is definitely too chilly! I will hope for about 24 more degrees to open my mind.

In the 30s, with sun, and no wind, would definitely feel warmer than Eagle Eye. Im crazy enough to do it....

Guys... just came across this offer:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/catta...ails-golf-club-2-5-exact_c*81427212652_ap*1t2

2 Hours plus 4 beers would be $14.25/guy if we have 4 per simulator... and that's a beer a guy too.

or...

4 hours would be $26.75/ per guy (at 4 guys per sim) with the 4 beers included as well...

What do you guys think? (Also... as shown above, this is assuming 4 guys per sim. I think 5 would be the absolute max you would want to do... but it would drop price even more)

Last edited:
Guys... just came across this offer:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/catta...ails-golf-club-2-5-exact_c*81427212652_ap*1t2

2 Hours plus 4 beers would be $14.25/guy if we have 4 per simulator... and that's a beer a guy too.

or...

4 hours would be $26.75/ per guy (at 4 guys per sim) with the 4 beers included as well...

What do you guys think? (Also... as shown above, this is assuming 4 guys per sim. I think 5 would be the absolute max you would want to do... but it would drop price even more)

I love when beers are included on the groupon.

Is 4 hrs too long? It feels too long for a sim, but maybe worth it for the guys who are making a few hrs drive?

Sounds like a good deal though.

Is 4 hrs too long? It feels too long for a sim, but maybe worth it for the guys who are making a few hrs drive?

Sounds like a good deal though.

Idk with as many people as we have it may take 4 hours to get through a round on the sim.

Idk with as many people as we have it may take 4 hours to get through a round on the sim.

That is what I was thinking... but hopefully that won't be the case.

Also, the 4 hours price (with a beer) is still cheaper then $30 for 3 hours...

Back