THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

This announcement has pushed me over the edge; just sent in payment for Albatross club. Next step is to beg, grovel, bootlick, snivel, fall all over, brown nose to try and be one of the lucky few selections.

Glad to see some excitement, but there is no recipe necessary. Stay active and find a way to #ChangeTheGame from within dude. Let the rest take care f itself.

Not sure if this came up already - but the people who make the trip down could be invaluable to their teams. Fewer lost balls - lower scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say it ain't so........... DMV does not know what kind of hell was just unleashed upon them.

We are shaking in our FJ's.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2b037bb80778dd5e9fda8a13cd4204ec.jpg

This will be standard issue for our team.

And maybe a few of these too.
5IZ-40122-LG.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And maybe a few of these too.
5IZ-40122-LG.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had one of those here at the house. Worked pretty good until I decided that it was funny to miss a lot and accidentally get the wife instead. Somehow it came up missing shortly after. Go figure.

Which format do you think your game excels in the most, and why?

I had one of those here at the house. Worked pretty good until I decided that it was funny to miss a lot and accidentally get the wife instead. Somehow it came up missing shortly after. Go figure.

You are a braver man than I

Right now, I would say that either match play or the modified Pinehurst format we've played before works well for me. I know match play doesn't sound like a good fit for my game at my handicap level, but my high scores usually come from 2 or 3 really big scores on holes. Like quads and quints and then I pull it together with a string of pars and throw in the occasional birdie. When those strings of pars come on holes where I get strokes, it can turn a match around really quickly.

Match play. Brings much more strategy into play and ramps the pressure up on yourself and the opponent. If puts people in a position to play outside of their comfort zone and use creativity in their game.

Match play. Brings much more strategy into play and ramps the pressure up on yourself and the opponent. If puts people in a position to play outside of their comfort zone and use creativity in their game.

And it takes that blowup hole out of play....

Although, depending on how many holes are being played I might be neat to throw in alternate shot.

Put me in a shamble with someone that will always put one in the fairway all day.

Shambles when you and your partner both have the hooks off the tee for the day are never fun, I can attest to that. Seeing two fellow Carolinians and friends win the event made it OK in the end though.

Shambles when you and your partner both have the hooks off the tee for the day are never fun, I can attest to that. Seeing two fellow Carolinians and friends win the event made it OK in the end though.

Memories of my first THP that was what started it all or at least opened the floodgates

I know my game goes well with a shamble. Second would be best ball. Alt shot with a partner of equal or better skill has worked for me in the past. I haven't played pinehurst and it's a strategy based format and I think I can work with most partners to get a strategy that works for us...I have been working on thinking my way around a course and planning shots and would like a crack at this format

Honestly I am not sure. I think my game is good in match play since I mostly play rounds in that format. It is something I am use to and give me the ability to call back on previous experience. Shamble and modified Pinehurst is good too they are fun to play and I feel that it takes pressure off both people. I think my game is good in alt shot if my partner has a different game than me. I feel that in alt shot you need two games that are not to similar.

It have to go with a match play format specifically best. My scores are usually elevated by a couple of blow up holes (doubles) per round. With a partner, you have the ability to play aggressive or conservative based on how your teams play is progressing on the hole.

I like match play if things are handicapped. A shamble is always fun when you and a partner are clicking and I think that it is a place I could excel because of the consistency of the driving iron (freeing a partner to go all out with the driver).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have to say match play is my best format. I tend to have a few blow up holes with a 7 or 8 during a round. In match play, that's only a one hole loss instead of multiple strokes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Glad to see some excitement, but there is no recipe necessary. Stay active and find a way to #ChangeTheGame from within dude. Let the rest take care f itself.

Will do my best to contain the excitement; figure this is my best opportunity to play in a THP event since it is close to home.

Speaking of do any of you guys want a piece of someone on the other side? When the event comes is there someone you would prefer to play and beat? Always nice to have some fun friendly personal rivalries in the mix of the event as well.

I think mine is known and shared as T2GRN18 the respect for him is through the roof but that still doesn't mean I want to beat him badly ;).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Would love to get a shot at either EMart or CAA Beat. Both great guys and have shared a round with EMart and it was a great time but would to have a shot in a competitive round against him. CAA Beat would be a good match as it would probably be straight up since we are both about the same handicap

Will do my best to contain the excitement; figure this is my best opportunity to play in a THP event since it is close to home.

Nobody said contain it dude, in fact I say exploit it. Run with the excitement and see first hand just how awesome it can be.

I would have said that Crest and I would have been a good matchup, but he wussed out to go to a wedding or something.

That is very NY Giant of him to do. Was looking forward to his trash talking skills being applied in this thread.

Would love to get a shot at either EMart or CAA Beat. Both great guys and have shared a round with EMart and it was a great time but would to have a shot in a competitive round against him. CAA Beat would be a good match as it would probably be straight up since we are both about the same handicap

Looks like I'm giving you 6 if we go head to head outside of this event. I am looking forward to our next round together and hopefully it's during run up to this event. I would enjoy putting in some work with you in the group

Back