UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - February 2016

Don't forget that the Albatross Club is all that's required to sign up for this one!

Here is my updated tweet with the link.
6afdfb7a93e702cfd7bdb6473cf6b6e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This will be a great experience.

SHAFTS
Driver: Aldila Tour Blue
Fairway: none
2-4 Hybrids: UST Chrome Elements
Irons: KBS -Taper Lites
Wedges: KBS Custom Wedge
Putter: Odyssey Works

This is a great opportunity!

Here are my shaft stats:

Driver: Speeder 665, but going to to try Speedrulz Type A 55

Fairway wood: Speeder 665

Hybrid: Project X stock for X Hot

Irons: Getting to meet Danny Le today to decide which Recoil to put in. Have 1 95 installed, and doing comparison with Proto

Wedges: Stock KBS shafts, but want to go graphite in Recoil here as well

Putter: Stock shaft

The fairway wood and hybrid shafts were the stock shafts that came with the club. Done a little research to see if something better, but not found it yet. Driver shaft is stock, but did a lot of work dialing that in. Trying a lighter option to see if I can pick up some clubhead speed.

Because of some elbow issues, going to graphite shafts. Looking to see what impact it will have going from the regular Recoil 95 to the Proto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The dates are no bueno for me this month, so good luck to everyone entering! I am really, really excited to see what this one is all about!

Don't forget that the Albatross Club is all that's required to sign up for this one!
Bump for how amazing that truly is!

Sounds like an amazing set of up coming events. So interested in shaft technology looking forward to reading all about this and hopefully participating. Thanks UST Mamiya and THP!

driver - Oban Purple 63 gram regular "03" or Hashimoto 65 gram stiff "04" - play them because I heard they were great shafts so I gave them a try and so far so good. My dispersion is better with Hashimoto but I feel distance might be better with the purple.
fairway wood - 3W and HW Oban Devotion stiff. Again heard they were nice and gave them a try. Feel and distance seem alright.
hybrid - N/A
irons - UST Recoil F4 110. I bought them on reading reviews. Turns out they seem to be working out for me. I love the feel. Might be losing some distance.
wedges - UST Recoil F4 110 in the MD3's. So far they work well but I'm always open to improving.
putter - stock shaft. Never thought about replace the shaft in my putter.

Very cool contest. Thanks for the opportunity, THP and UST Mamiya!

My bag is about to change (almost) completely...still waiting on Callaway to ship...

Current driver in bag is Adams Speedline 9064LS w/ Aldila RIP S: bought on a whim because of great things I read about it and chose that shaft because I figured I'd "grow into" the stiff shaft as I improved.
Current irons/hybrids are Adams Redline w/ stock stiff shafts (can't remember model): tried these out in store and liked them after comparing to other clubs, bought stiff because they felt pretty good.

Replacement driver and 3wd that will kick the above out of the bag are both Callaway GBB w/ Kuro Kage Black TiNi R: went with these because that is the shaft I was fit for.
Replacement irons are Callaway Apex CF 16 w/ Project X 5.5 steel: went with this setup because that is the shaft I was fit for.

Good luck everyone!

This would be so cool to win! Good Luck everyone!

60 posts and not all are entries. Come on guys take that chance at something spectacular and unique. I am sure the entries will increase after the first month once people see how awesome this is.

Don't see myself getting to TX .... but I'll follow along.
Love the UST lineup of shafts!

60 posts and not all are entries. Come on guys take that chance at something spectacular and unique. I am sure the entries will increase after the first month once people see how awesome this is.

Entries increase and chances decrease!!

It's still early in the day.

c08948274e4cf7fc65af013070470af3.jpg

I've always loved the UST shafts particularly the AXIVCore. I have the RED Tour S 79 Series I'm my 3wood (Titleist 909 F3). Here's a roundup of my bag:

Driver - Bridgestone J40 9.5 degree - Diamana Kai'li S 65 tip'd 1" (broke in earlier head)
3wood - Bridgestone J40 strong 3 (13.5) - Diamana Ahina X 75
1iron hybrid - Bridgestone J15 Fubuki Z S
4iron hybrid Adams A7 UST AXIVCore S
5iron hybrid Adams A7 UST AXIVCore S
Irons (3,4,6,7,8,9,P) - Project X 6.0
Wedges - Bridgestone J15 (52 and 56) DG Spinners (really don't like these shafts)
Putter - some steel thing :act-up:

Bob (Diveguy)

This sounds pretty freaking cool! :) Keeping it on my radar for sure. I can't stress enough how jaw dropping the events and surprises of 2016 have been so far!

I wish that I had enough vacation time on the books to try for this. It will be a great experience for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is a fantastic contest and the fact that it will be repeated throughout the year is amazing.

In my bag

Driver- UST Axivcore green in X

3wd & hybrid are UST Axivcore black in X

Irons- recoil 110F5

Wedges- stock shafts

Putter-stock shaft

I was fit into driver and iron shafts by my coach. I've been a spinner of the ball and it tends to get out of control at times and my current shafts have done a good job of controlling.

Wont be able to try for February but hope to later in the year.

I'm playing a Fujikura Pro 53 in my Ping G30 as that's what I was fit for at Golf MD here in KS. From the same fitter I have KBS Tour S in my Mizuno MP-25's and a Fujikura MCH 80 in my Titleist hybrid. All give me the ball flight and the feel the fits my swing.

Entries increase and chances decrease!!

true but why pass up the chance to be one of the first two to experience this. Lots if us agree the first month may be light on entries and easier chance than the next 5 months.

It's still early in the day.

True, just bumping and try to encourage those on the fence to jump in.

Great contest and an even better prize.

Callaway 816 DBD Rogue I/O 60 stiff or Fuji Speeder 661 S
Callaway 816 16 deg. PX LZ 60 Stiff
Callaway GBB 18 deg. PX LZ 60 Stiff
Callaway APEX Pro 16 4-AW Recoil F4 110
Callaway MD3 58 deg Recoil F4 110

Scotty C XR5 Stock 35" shaft

Danny Le was kind enough to invite me out to check some numbers on Recoil shafts. We obviously could not discuss much about what will go on with the events. But, after being there and getting a dose of the type of information and hospitality you are in store for, this needs to be on everyone's must go to list.

Danny Le was kind enough to invite me out to check some numbers on Recoil shafts. We obviously could not discuss much about what will go on with the events. But, after being there and getting a dose of the type of information and hospitality you are in store for, this needs to be on everyone's must go to list.

Very cool! This one is unquestionably high on my list, excited for the selection process to take place to see who will be there 7 weeks from today!

Ahhh, this is event is going to be so awesome. Unfortunately I can't make it that weekend. Will definitely be trying to get into one of these though.

Back