Easiest 3W to hit

I am really liking the idea of the V-Series being the discount suggestion this year. I suggested the optiforce to a few guys last year who loved it -- And the V-Series was a nice upgrade from that.

This looks like it'll be the winner. Plus I found a v-series for less than $100.Only reason why I am not pondering the Heavenwood is because I have hybrids on order that cover those lofts.

Definitely ignore the loft and try the 7. I carry a 19 degree hybrid and 18 degree 5 wood. The 5 wood is easily 20 meters longer.

From my experience, which is limited, I have had the most luck with either the Adams Tight Lie I had or the Titliest 913F I'm playing now.

I found shorter length of 3 wood is easier to hit.

The v series were stupid easy to hit for me so thats where my vote goes, I just personally didnt get along with the HW. And with the prices you can find them for its hard to beat them!

The Mashie 1 Hybrid might be up your alley. I thing hybrids are typically easier to get airborne than fairways. And the 1H loft may give you the needed distance.

all this v series talk has really piqued my interest!

You are going to get a ton of different answers but I'll throw in that the RBZ stage 2 has been great for me. Great ball flight and it flies off the face if your hitting from the deck or the tee box.

There's actually one in the marketplace right now

Last edited:
My vote without a doubt is the Callaway XR - and I have never been a big Callaway guy. This beast just performs for me - especially off the deck.

I am really liking the idea of the V-Series being the discount suggestion this year. I suggested the optiforce to a few guys last year who loved it -- And the V-Series was a nice upgrade from that.

And for super budget, I wouldn't hesitate to give the Optiforce a try. Typically, I don't get along all that well with really light clubs, but the Optiforce has been a very solid performer for me and it looks like you can get them on ebay for about $50.

Already saw a few mentions, but the XR has been quite solid for me.

I would say the easiest to play for me has been the XR 3w. The v series is another one that just lifts the ball with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a reason that the V-Series is firmly entrenched twice in my bag. They are simply too easy to hit from many different lies. Love em!

like my callaway X2 hot.
if woods are difficult for you in general, look at the Callaway heaven woods. IIRC 3 wood head on 5 or 7 wood shaft? shorter shaft makes it easier to hit

Cleveland 588. But I still vote for the Cally heavenwood. I maybe lose 10 yards and its super easy to hit.

I am very happy with my Cobra Fly Z

Current Callaway Big Bertha V Series with the Bassara E52 x5ct Lite shaft is a very easy 3 wood. Best 3 wood I've ever had. Sole plate is like the old Genty fairway woods with the pronounced V. It gets down to the ball and cuts through light rough nicely.

I'm the odd one out here, but I hit my I25 3-Wood great 8 times out of 10.

What I did was get a few brands on the driving range that were within my budget, hit them head to head, and pick the winner. About 3 years ago I first did that, I got a Nike vr as my choice over some others, like that Adams with a slot.

However, that 3w had some weird spells where I couldn't hit it right, so consistency was like 6 out of 10. So early this year I went through the same process again, comparing my Nike with SLDR, Covert, and the Ping I25. I chose my current gamer. I'm happy with it.

I am currently gaming a Cobra BiO Cell 3/4W and looking to upgrade. I have trouble hitting woods as it is, even with lessons and Tadashi help. I am looking at picking up the TM Aeroburner 3W HL.
I did a search and was surprised to find that there are no review threads up for the metal wood series of this line.
For those who have hit the Aeroburner, what are your opinions, and what opinions do THPers have on other woods for a high capper?

I actually just made that switch. I really liked my Bio Cell off the tee but always had issues getting it off the turf. As a lefty I got a great deal on a "used" mint condition AeroBurner fairway wood. I chose the 3HL since I figured the extra 1.5 degrees would help off the turf. I've not had it on the course yet but so far I'm adjusting to it quite well of the mats at the range. Early indications are it will be a good club for me.

I'm still curious to see how it performs against the M1 fairway or the future AeroBurner replacement line if the rumored M2 is coming but I like the AeroBurner far more than the JetSpeed fairway I owned before I had my Bio Cell.

Without a doubt the Callaway XR. While I play the 4 wood instead of the 3 I can say the XR is the best fairway wood I've ever hit. I hadn't play a fairway wood in about 4-5 years because I couldn't hit it off the deck or tee. The XR launches with easy from the fairway, I even hit it out of the rough some times and off the tee it is a fairway finder. The XR is very safe in my bag right now.

Thoughts on the Callaway V series versus XR? I am used to light clubs and have had the best distance and launch with the CG Black. It sounds like the V series is lighter than the XR?

I Really like the 3w you carry now. However I'm also a huge fan of the x2hot line.

Love my Cobra Amp cell. Very easy to hit

The Callaway XR's are thin faced and super easy and then there is the K-15 Ping. I'd say that was the easiest wood I have ever owned.

I'm finding the M1 3 wood with the weights split heel and toe, forgiving long and easy to get in the air off the deck and tee.

Back