Those look so nice Kevin! definitely a must try for me the next time we tree it up.

Absolutely dude, I'm pumped to give them a go.

Absolutely dude, I'm pumped to give them a go.
I'll be interested in how you like them. They look right up your alley

Both those setups are extremely heavy head with 7.0 shafts. Some will like them but both cbaker and Kevin may want to reshaft

Both those setups are extremely heavy head with 7.0 shafts. Some will like them but both cbaker and Kevin may want to reshaft
I'm not so sure brother, they feel pretty damn good.

Hi -

Played Miura Irons off and on since 2000 or so ...

2000 - The CB-201, precursor to the 501, were a revelation -- a very dense, solid feel as if you were playing with surgical instruments. Great looking club up through 7i but the transition club, the 8i and then up through PW were a bit "off" as to the design - more rounded (from memory). And the grind, all the complaints were if you hit fat, they stay in the ground.

2009 - PP-9003, Okay, I know what you're saying, what a wimp to get Miuras in a forgiving CB with plain-as-day offset. My excuse is that I just had a quad bypass and had no speed and no swing and a frozen shoulder after the operation. I was weak, and thought if I'm going to die, at least let me leave with Miura.... It's a few years later, speed, swing are increased and improved, thoughts are the sole grind is improved with more bounce, remember to check lie angles at the start of every season or once per year as it makes a big difference in playability to asking yourself "What the heck is going on?" to "These go through the turf so smoothly." I only wish they'd come out with the straight necks when the 9003 made its debut. So it's not the legendary feel of CB-201 or a blade, which would be interesting, but the 9003's perform.

2016 - a new grind? Great. It seems Miura is slowly evolving to adding bounce and forgiveness in the grind so the club goes through the turf smoothly for those who are not pickers/sweepers.

Off topic but in the event someone is looking at Miura Wedges, which I've bought off and on since 2000. Why is bounce the other way with some of their wedges? In the early 2000, not much bounce - picker/sweeper wedges. Then Y grind with more bounce but not enough relief for versatility. I had 1957 wedges and love the heft and look, but not enough relief and too much bounce in the mid sole for versatility. If in the market, try your best to find a demo. Miura evolves slowly.

Good luck. Great clubs. Traditional, Tight to specs, not flashy, solid, with hidden tech, and improving sole grinds. They seem to do well with ballspeed. It all depends on what you want with irons. I think Miura goes for consistency.

These will be perfect for you may be a tad stiff but the profile fits you well imo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not knowing anything about the F15's I'm curious to see how they compare to the CTaper S+

Not knowing anything about the F15's I'm curious to see how they compare to the CTaper S+
They will fell softer since they are graphite and ctaper feel harsh (imo). But they will load less.

Well, here they are!
36aee2d23d7a818ded9768c6b715d84d.jpg

774298f06d8ee0454fc479844190f585.jpg

755507c503304d2e1f9ca3263ba33a79.jpg

e0c053122c0f135b8373833128d605b8.jpg
7d1bc14861db8c08d0f55886a061f170.jpg
bec4dcc03f903febbd517b0282754d83.jpg
cd4669ac65ec4a26b9d786097090a6c5.jpg

Good lord Kev, those SCREAM you.

Bake, those are beauties too!!!

God they're gorgeous. I want them so bad. They might be my graduation gift from my mom in a year and a half :)

I shed a small tear seeing these outside of Colorado :disapointed:hit them well fellas!

I shed a small tear seeing these outside of Colorado :disapointed:hit them well fellas!
Haha I may have shed a tear or two saying goodbye to those beauties lol

They will fell softer since they are graphite and ctaper feel harsh (imo). But they will load less.

From the swings I've taken inside they feel good to me so far. Obviously numbers and ball flights will be more important, but from feel by themselves I'm digging my first take on graphite.

Do they have all the stock lofts? Or did you have any of them adjusted?

From the swings I've taken inside they feel good to me so far. Obviously numbers and ball flights will be more important, but from feel by themselves I'm digging my first take on graphite.

Do they have all the stock lofts? Or did you have any of them adjusted?
Should all be stock lofts. They are soft forging so loft/lie checking at least once a year recommended

Kev and Colin those are some good looking irons. Will be fun to watch you hit them Kev

So so nice, Kang you are the man.

Very nice, shafts, irons, and that ferrule - reminds me of Epon ferrules - great.

Very nice, shafts, irons, and that ferrule - reminds me of Epon ferrules - great.
They are indeed epon carbon ferrules. I love those

Irons felt pretty damn good today! Looking forward to on course time with them.

I can't wait to watch you hit these things. Then take a turn swinging them lol!

That 4 iron at address by the ball is very visually intimidating but striking it is what can only be define as pure heaven. Such an incredible feeling hitting it solid, feeling like there no ball there at all. Well stuck shot will produce a piercing flight that will do exactly what you put into the swing

Back