Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm surprised no one will block that waiver claim...
The Braves are about to aquire Derrek Lee. It sounds like it all hinges on Lee waiving his no trade clause.

i'm surprised no one will block that waiver claim...

I heard that teams dont usually put claims in on 10 and 5 guys. I think the only team that would of blocked it would of been your Phillies but they have no spot for him and would want to get stuck with the 3 million he is owed.

good call Gas...forgot about the 10:5 guys. If the Phils didn't have Sweeney they may have considered him but no spot for him now
I heard that teams dont usually put claims in on 10 and 5 guys. I think the only team that would of blocked it would of been your Phillies but they have no spot for him and would want to get stuck with the 3 million he is owed.

I wonder if Troy Glaus will be able to physically handle 3rd base again, if they move him there.

good call Gas...forgot about the 10:5 guys. If the Phils didn't have Sweeney they may have considered him but no spot for him now

Im actually surprised the Giants didnt put a claim on him as well. I guess its still not a done deal yet. I never heard if he cleared Waivers or if someone claimed him. Im just assuming they claimed him because the White Sox and maybe the Rays would of grabbed him once he went through the AL

Article in USA Today is subtley blaming Wrigley Field for the Cubs' suckiness. I see the point that they live on a different schedule than the rest of the league, but I think the real problem is that they don't build teams to win there.

Gees Tampa is putting a hurtin on the Rangers. Just getting drubbed down there.

Article in USA Today is subtley blaming Wrigley Field for the Cubs' suckiness. I see the point that they live on a different schedule than the rest of the league, but I think the real problem is that they don't build teams to win there.

They should be going for speed and defense but they always go for the big hitters.

You would rub it in. Jerk! lol

Im not rubbing it in, I want to see the Rangers do something for once but you gotta beat the top teams, not get swept. That divison has owned the Rangers this year.

Im not rubbing it in, I want to see the Rangers do something for once but you gotta beat the top teams, not get swept. That divison has owned the Rangers this year.

Yup your right. Vlad is in a little slump, and kinsler still on the DL so wasnt expecting a whole lot from this series but sure wasnt expecting a sweep, starting pitching isnt doing well at all, still have a decent offense with kinsler on the DL and slumping vlad but starting pitching coming down the stretch isnt doing to hot.

But i mean AL east teams have pretty much spanked everyone this season.

Isnt Nelson Cruz on the DL too?

The Rockies are going to release Brad Hawpe after tonights game. It sounds like they might trade him to Texas.

Isnt Nelson Cruz on the DL too?

The Rockies are going to release Brad Hawpe after tonights game. It sounds like they might trade him to Texas.

Yeah I think so. They're hurting bad right now and it's getting close to crunch time. Need to get ready for the playoff push. Just might run into the rays again the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya I completley forgot about Cruz being on the DL earlier when I typed that. Hopefully the offense will be back for the playoffs, they should be in unless the angels pull a crazy 22 of 24 game winning streak like I believe the Rockies did a couple years ago. They have been letting cliff lee go one to many innings in games then he is getting wailed on, doesn't walk a lot but sure has gave up some runs hopefully he will settle down and maybe they will throw in some minor leaguers towards the end of the season to rest a couple starters.

Hawpe for who? more prospects? our farm system is gunna suck after this season lol but that wud be sweet if they got him.

hopefully when kinsler gets back it will give them a little spark, his power numbers aren't very good this year but he helps out the line up a lot.

I doubt derek lee would want to stay in chicago, no offense to the cubs but they still need alot of work. So I hope Lee goes to the braves so he can contend for a title.

And I thought the cubbies couldn't break my heart anymore this year...

And I thought the cubbies couldn't break my heart anymore this year...

No doubt. D Lee will be sorely missed. Hell of a guy and he really played great during his stint with the Cubbies. I would have loved to see a few guys go instead of him.

I don't think the field has any noticeable impact on my team's losing history. I do think, however, that the cubby culture, including the fan base and media, have a significant impact on the team. It is almost a self-fulfilling prophecy. And yet, it is depressing for me each and every year.

I don't think the field has any noticeable impact on my team's losing history. I do think, however, that the cubby culture, including the fan base and media, have a significant impact on the team. It is almost a self-fulfilling prophecy. And yet, it is depressing for me each and every year.

I think that might be part of it, but I think that they can squash that with some new blood. It (almost) worked in 2003.

I think that might be part of it, but I think that they can squash that with some new blood. It (almost) worked in 2003.

Great year! I choose not to relive the whole Bartman situation. That year we had one of the best rotations in the league (arguably the best), and we had bats to back them up. Looking at our recent trades, our farm system, and which players our money is wrapped up in currently, we have no shot to step back in to 2003- type glory for quite a while.

Ted Lilly has been a stud for us since we got him. Too bad the rest of the team is stinking it up. 11ks tonight against the Rockies.

Ted Lilly has been a stud for us since we got him. Too bad the rest of the team is stinking it up. 11ks tonight against the Rockies.

Yeah; Lilly was our rock solid starter for the season. This has been his year. He is going to have very good contract negotiations.

Patiently waiting for the clean-house-mode to end at Wrigley.

Colin Cowheard talked about Cliff Lee going to the yankees or another prominent team in the off season. What a lineup the pinstripers would have with him inserted into the rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back