Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
So I've swapped jobs. Having to go from golf shirts daily to button down shirts. Tried a cheap brand and well you get what you pay for. So what do you guys wear? My stepdad says jos bank is the best. Looking for advise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Based on fit, Club Monaco for myself. Never had a quality issue and can be had for cheap during their sales.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Van Heusen. I've got several of their shirts and they fit me well and seem to be pretty solid. Plus they usually have an outlet store in the outlet malls and you can find really good deals on them.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I'm a big fan of Van Heusen. I've got several of their shirts and they fit me well and seem to be pretty solid. Plus they usually have an outlet store in the outlet malls and you can find really good deals on them.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket
That's actually what I tried. The tail is real short for how I'm built

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jos A. Bank's Traveler line of dress shirts are great shirts. They can be a bit pricey if you don't catch them on sale though. I believe they have a sale on them right now for about $40.00 a shirt. Well worth it at that price point.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Geoffrey Beene is a good option that won't run you much.

I know they're cheap, but I've personally had really good luck with Uniqlo

Get all mine from T.J. Maxx or Marshalls. Typically either Nautica or Hilfiger at about $20.00 a shirt.

For me I like Penguin brand dress shirts. They can be found for a reasonable price and I find them to have a nice tailored look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look around online for a coupon code to Charles Tyrwhitt. Their non-iron shirts are the best deal I have found and fit very well (depending on build and fit ordered). They can usually be had for $30 or so with a code.

I've tried tons of different shirts - banana republic, brooks brothers, joe banks, bonobos, ll bean, polo, etc. The CT shirts are as good or better, IMO.

Jos A Bank Traveller line is fantastic and can typically by found on sale for BOGO.

I really like the jos a bank shirts as well. They are almost always on sell too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked, and Joseph A Bank is having a sale on their clearance section online. An extra 40% off

i wear a long-sleeve button down oxford with a tie or bowtie every day to work, and on sundays sans neck accoutremont. my go-to for 10 years was this brooks brothers non-iron shirt http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Non-I...dwvar_288Q_Color=WHIT&contentpos=22&cgid=0203. they got too expensive, so now my closet is filled with these http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-supima-no-iron-pinpoint/id_242762?sku_0=::WHI. the quality is less, the non-iron doesn't work as well, and the fit leaves something to be desired. i keep telling myself i'll get into the tailor and get these fit to me, but haven't yet.

I usually use Van Heusen and Arrow shirts from kohls. I get good wear out of them

I get all of mine from JCrew Factory. I get the Factory Thompson line and they have held up very well.

For the nicer dress shirts I usually spend the money and buy from express. But for affordable one is usually just buy Van Heusen.

Not sure on your budget but huge fan of polo, vineyard vines and j. Crew. A bit pricey but they last a long time....and if you wear a out the elbow on a polo bring it in and they will replace.

I wear Stafford long sleeve shirts nearly everyday. I get pretty decent wear out of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get all of mine from JCrew Factory. I get the Factory Thompson line and they have held up very well.

These are good, too. Especially if you can get them in non-iron.

Most of my dress shirts are from Banana Republic. I just like the fit and different style options.

These are good, too. Especially if you can get them in non-iron.

I get the wrinkle free and usually they run half off. I sign up for emails and get extra % off. The last batch I got shirts for about $23 a piece from $65

I get the wrinkle free and usually they run half off. I sign up for emails and get extra % off. The last batch I got shirts for about $23 a piece from $65

Yeah, they have flash sales at least once a week. Kind of like Joe Banks - never pay full price at JCrew Factory.

I've had good luck with Orvis, polo (marshalls has these cheap), Brooks Brothers, Izod, proper cloth and J. Hilburn

You can't go wrong with the Jos A. Bank Traveler but only if bought on sale. I'm also a big fan of Brooks Brothers. Quality and fit are better than Jos A Banks...in my opinion. I only buy Brooks Brothers during their semi-annual sales. You can also find Brooks Brothers at Nordstrom Rack most of the time. Non-iron fabric and button down collars if you're not wearing a tie.

Back