THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Likely the only part of my 2016 bag that is ready is the bag itself and maybe one of the two putters I have. I'm going for a fitting in Feb and will be going on those recommendations going into the season.

I honestly don't know what my bag's going to look like going forward. Seriously contemplating moving to graphite (especially after seeing how truly slow my swing is today) and whether or not that'll happen with a 2016 iron set or a set that's a year or two old to save some $$$.

I honestly don't know what my bag's going to look like going forward. Seriously contemplating moving to graphite (especially after seeing how truly slow my swing is today) and whether or not that'll happen with a 2016 iron set or a set that's a year or two old to save some $$$.

unless your set is custom fitted via length, lie, etc.... then you'll be stuck with whatever the new (or old/new) set is. Might you consider just reshafting your existing set but I suppose that can be expensive too. but hey, what isn't expensive nowadays? cost 5 bucks just to wake up in the morning.

unless your set is custom fitted via length, lie, etc.... then you'll be stuck with whatever the new (or old/new) set is. Might you consider just reshafting your existing set but I suppose that can be expensive too. but hey, what isn't expensive nowadays? cost 5 bucks just to wake up in the morning.

I actually did consider reshafting, especially since I just picked up a heat gun, but in the long run I may just hold off on everything for a bit and just keep the bag as-is.

But the pull of new and shiny is huge :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we're on the topic, my bag is set and ready to dial in on some NE greens!

Waiting onmy wood go arrive, then set to go.

While we're on the topic, my bag is set and ready to dial in on some NE greens!

why because you just got a full bag of equipment at an amazing event? Huh, me too!

OK so this is a 27 hole event. I'm not positive if anything is set in stone, but what kind of formats would you all prefer?

OK so this is a 27 hole event. I'm not positive if anything is set in stone, but what kind of formats would you all prefer?

I wouldn't mind a modified Pinehurst, shamble or alt shot

I think my bag is set.

Might get more true temper in there but it's good.

Modified pinehurst

Shamble

Alt shot

At least one 9 of Modified Pinehurst, the rest could be anything but I think those who haven't played Modified Pinehurst will really enjoy it

Does everyone have their 2016 bag ready and prepared for battle? What do you plan on bringing when the war paint is dawned and the battle begins? I've got my bag set, been practicing and honing in these dart throwers. My signature is accurate and if I'm picked it's what I'll be bringing to battle.

Currently play with 13 clubs, going to add/learn to hit the 3W and add another wedge while removing my 4I.

I wouldn't mind seeing best ball in there, but I definitely want to see one or both of the alt-shot formats (pinehurst and true alt shot).

I wouldn't mind seeing best ball in there, but I definitely want to see one or both of the alt-shot formats (pinehurst and true alt shot).

I like it!

I like alt shot formats, maybe straight up match play singles on the final 9

I would like to see 9 holes being some form of alt shot and 9 holes singles. The other 9 holes wouldnt matter but maybe shamble. All of these being match play of course.

Is my bag set already? Part of me says maybe but the ho in me knows better. Ill say my wedges, hybrids and 5w are all set. Putter is 95% set, irons and driver will probably change before then.

One that I am selected to be in and also then voted MVP:D. I mean is that too much to ask? .....Other than that I am game for anything.....you know.....cause I'm big that way :)

But anyway, I suppose some sort of match play for part of this sounds like a plan? A best ball for a 9 would work well too.

Last edited:
I would like to see 9 holes being some form of alt shot and 9 holes singles. The other 9 holes wouldnt matter but maybe shamble. All of these being match play of course.

I wouldnt count on singles.
RR has been said all along to be a complete team event.

Love the idea of best ball.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've never played modified Pinehurst but that sounds fun. I also enjoy shamble and best ball and even scrambles. I don't have any preference other than to have fun.

I'm all for modified Pinehurst and shamble/scramble formats as well

Some type of alternate shot would be great. Really creates different approaches to holes.

I would like to see a 9-9-9 format like shamble/scramble, alt shot, best ball. That would be loads of fun.

Back