THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I like to go second off the tee, not a firm rule there, but am fine going first in any other place

Question for you fellas. In a scramble format or shamble for that matter, what's your preference on going first or second?

For me personally it doesn't matter going first or second except for putting. I much prefer going first when putting but for anything else it doesn't bother me either way.
Really don't have a preference. I've been in all positions. For the team, I don't have Internet golfer distance, I'm 59. Wherever the Captain or teammate would prefer. If I'm paired with a bomber, me first in play to free up partner. On green no preference at all, can handle either position.

This is so true but it won't be a problem being midseason plus range time will be had before the rounds. My last few rounds were really ugly for the first 5-6 holes.
And then you were a fairway hitting machine over the last 12-13 holes. Curious what your FIR was last season?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

And then you were a fairway hitting machine over the last 12-13 holes. Curious what your FIR was last season?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Have no clue, Ive never kept track of that stat or any stat for that matter. I'm guessing it's above 50%

I don't have a preference. It depends on the strengths of my partner and how each of us are hitting the ball that day. Play to our strengths and minimize our weaknesses.

Question for you fellas. In a scramble format or shamble for that matter, what's your preference on going first or second?

For me personally it doesn't matter going first or second except for putting. I much prefer going first when putting but for anything else it doesn't bother me either way.

I'm good with either but if given the choice I like to go first, especially off the tee.

Four ball, pinehurst, shamble formats?

I usually play better as the second golfer (or fourth in a foursome) for some reason, but I can do whatever. I generally putt last in scrambles because I don't mind the pressure on the greens.

Harv and ddec, your bags better be set for most of 2016..I'll be happy to give a good home to anything that you want to get rid of though!

I like to go with who ever is playing well that day to go first, keep the momentum for rhythm , timing and feel

Depends on who my teammates are and what our strengths are. I prefer to go second though because I tend to play more conservative and can take a little off and put one in the fairway if my team needs me to, or I will gladly swing away and try to step on what. Whatever the situation calls for.

Four ball, pinehurst, shamble formats?

I usually play better as the second golfer (or fourth in a foursome) for some reason, but I can do whatever. I generally putt last in scrambles because I don't mind the pressure on the greens.

Harv and ddec, your bags better be set for most of 2016..I'll be happy to give a good home to anything that you want to get rid of though!

I'm not really a tinkerer, I have a gut feeling this bag will be unleashing madness for quite some time! Although putters are always fun to experiment with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my teammate is a long bomber I'll go first since I'm not. Keep us safe then let him/her unleash.

If my teammate is a long bomber I'll go first since I'm not. Keep us safe then let him/her unleash.

Sounds like I have a partner.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm a second guy. I like the pressure

Working on some slick Regional Rivalry exclusive gear that will only be available to the teams (no store, no grab bags, etc). Some pretty cool stuff.

I really like the sound of this. Can't wait to hear more!

Working on some slick Regional Rivalry exclusive gear that will only be available to the teams (no store, no grab bags, etc). Some pretty cool stuff.

This excites me.

Now to get on the team.

Holy Crap PGA Show is next, week which means teams are forming soon!

Very excited to see the gear

Regional Rivalry swag??

Nice.

Love me some limited edition swag from THP!!

Sign me up for some Regional Rivalry Swag with THP and True Temper!

Offering up your swag to the captain might increase your odds of being picked. Just throwing it out there

Offering up your swag to the captain might increase your odds of being picked. Just throwing it out there

Going hard on the bribes. I like it.

Back