Driver Shaft LM Numbers - Post your Head / Shaft Combo that best for you?

ProZoneGolf

Clubmaker/Fitter
Reaction score
Handicap
Driver shaft LM numbers - Post your Stats - Head / Shaft

This thread is for posting your LM numbers. It might, or might not be your best combo. Through data we can all help each other find that majic combo...

Here is my current gamer Cally 2015 GBB 10.5 (N+1) / UST Attas Elements Proto Dk 6x / 70g / 272cpm / Tipped 3/4' 45.75 / D4 / S1 12 o Clock. Washer under weight.

Numbers Guru's chime in on any stats that could be improved on, this could be a tee height change, impact spot change, shaft change, swing change, or even ball change

024_zpstxafit6w.jpg

Last edited:
This is all I have at the moment. No idea how accurate the sim is.
D200 14* with Aldila Tour Blue
db90c4ee05cdcad70cc091fcc57e5e27.jpg

108 mph with a 3 wood is very solid!

This is all I have at the moment. No idea how accurate the sim is.
D200 14* with Aldila Tour Blue
db90c4ee05cdcad70cc091fcc57e5e27.jpg

Negative ghost rider. That's my driver.

is that distance pretty typical for you? 108mph chs with 260 total seems like there's a lot of potential for distance gains. and 1.39 smash could stand to improve. then again, that could be a sim issue and not a swing issue.

is that distance pretty typical for you? 108mph chs with 260 total seems like there's a lot of potential for distance gains. and 1.39 smash could stand to improve. then again, that could be a sim issue and not a swing issue.
I think the sim has a preprogrammed smash of 1.39 there.
I usually swing 101-104 with a much higher smash factor, but the distance is in the ballpark.

I think the sim has a preprogrammed smash of 1.39 there.
I usually swing 101-104 with a much higher smash factor, but the distance is in the ballpark.

I never knew how many sims fix that smash. why do they do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver Shaft LM Numbers - Post your Head / Shaft Combo that best for you?

here a couple of mine from recent sim time

88ea94b2d0feafef7fab097e8d5dd78a.jpg

that day we saw uncharacteristic spin numbers. we think maybe it was the ball. might need to game that ball!

4dd363547dd101f7ba9ac66d4c58eed8.jpg

that was a couple months later. more what I'm used to seeing spin wise, but I was hitting into a net that felt like it was right in front of me with a tee that wasn't adjustable. I never felt like I caught one until we went outside where of course there was no monitor.

I have a different gamer now, so maybe I can sneak onto a sim and get some numbers to see how it's performing for me.

I never knew how many sims fix that smash. why do they do that?

I think it's because they aren't capable of reading club head speed but they really want to show it.
They lock in the smash factor and then the Simulator calculates the club speed based on the measured ball speed.

Or I could be crazy...who knows?

I think it's because they aren't capable of reading club head speed but they really want to show it.
They lock in the smash factor and then the Simulator calculates the club speed based on the measured ball speed.

Or I could be crazy...who knows?

after reading all you guys posts, I will stick to the methods of feel, control, distance to measure myself. The sims are too iffy, not a real world app, that is why they call it a sim, the times I have swung in a sim, it didn't seem right or didn't calc right, or at all

after reading all you guys posts, I will stick to the methods of feel, control, distance to measure myself. The sims are too iffy, not a real world app, that is why they call it a sim, the times I have swung in a sim, it didn't seem right or didn't calc right, or at all
Agreed that they aren't near as good as a real Launch Monitor. But I figure that as long as the ball speed, launch, and spin measurements are close the Simulators can still serve a purpose.

Ultimately with those sims the ball speed, launch angle and spin are fairly accurate, and that's really what determines carry distance. Ultimately club speed doesn't matter, it's ball speed. So I think they're valuable.

I just worry about spin rate on the driver shaft, lowering that fixed alot of problems

Not all launch monitors are simulators.
At THP Events, we use a doppler monitor, outside on the range and course.

Was out today Burrr tad cold, I took my swing from the LM and executed it on the course flights & numbers wise. Tee'd up high / open and up fwd near my front foot for more +AoA. The ball got up on a higher high trajectory and it penetrated solid to keep going and going and going. You can see my spin is low and it sure flew like that with Srixon XV's. The balls air time was impressive, especially a green ball against the blue sky. I did range find the shot on 18 back to the sign I paced off to the tee box 304y tot and it was into a head wind of about 5mph with firm FW's. I am getting a high draw that comes back...I am feeling I can groove this to a go to shot. Do go to the LM and hit a variety of tee heights and ball positions and see the ideal numbers. I squeezed another 10y+ hitting it higher than normal, due to my low spin numbers I was un aware of with this shaft. I had good control too which was surprising to me with the hang time. I am on a good combo here. I have a Miyazaki Kulsa Silver 70x coming to test also. There are a few of these on the bay...cheap. But for now I have the LA /spin that will be hard to beat.

How To Reduce Your Driver Spin On Tee Shots

Perhaps some of you can chime in on your swing technique to attain low spin, or driver shaft combo.

For me setting the wrists too early in the take away leads to a steeper swing. My one piece swing with a wide low take a away sets the club to the top with less elbow bend. My setup has a tilt also enhancing a +AoA to the ball. I do see some tall powerful players that hit - AoA and strike upper crown area with low lofted drivers that fly like 5 woods. I think a lot of spin can be reduced by setup/take a away.

Can you get under 2500 rpm without buying a new driver? Do go to the LM, ask the tech some questions then change it up and post the results before/after and what you did to change spin numbers

Last edited:
1ae351ed94ba395ea821cd6c7ef76165.jpg

Driver shaft LM numbers - Post your Stats - Head / Shaft

This thread is for posting your LM numbers. It might, or might not be your best combo. Through data we can all help each other find that majic combo...

Here is my current gamer Cally 2015 GBB 10.5 (N+1) / UST Attas Elements Proto Dk 6x / 70g / 272cpm / Tipped 3/4' 45.75 / D4 / S1 12 o Clock. Washer under weight.

Numbers Guru's chime in on any stats that could be improved on, this could be a tee height change, impact spot change, shaft change, swing change, or even ball change

024_zpstxafit6w.jpg

As I am reading the OP here, the information given does not show impact location.

Can you get under 2500 rpm without buying a new driver? Do go to the LM, ask the tech some questions then change it up and post the results before/after and what you did to change spin numbers

haha i'm trying to get ABOVE 2,500!

haha i'm trying to get ABOVE 2,500!

Perhaps dial up more loft and keep the low spin, or try a new head with more loft 10.5. I used to play 9.5's, however the new designs, balls, shafts have me at 11.5. I can go 10.5 +1, or 12 open

Last edited:
As I am reading the OP here, the information given does not show impact location.
It was a GS LM. My usual impact location is center to slightly toe side of center, and just above the middle of the face, I never hit high on the face, and some misses are thin. If I could squeeze out some more distance I would be stoked, for now I am working on the delivery timing with all weight at impact

Last edited:
Ultimately with those sims the ball speed, launch angle and spin are fairly accurate, and that's really what determines carry distance. Ultimately club speed doesn't matter, it's ball speed. So I think they're valuable.

Agreed, that's all I look for from sims.

@ the OP , your numbers are pretty darn good as they are. Mine are similar, but maybe a few mph less on average. To eke a bit more distance out of my ~100 - 104~ SS, I can 2 things. One is that I decrease the loft on my Driver, tee the ball a little higher and more forward (off my lead instep, or even my big toe) to get a more positive AoA and catch the ball a little higher on the face ( which increases LA and reduces spin). I also try to keep my hands ahead so I'm delivering less loft at impact (which increases ball speed). The second is increasing my Driver loft, teeing a little higher, but not so far forward, and again trying to keep my hands ahead of the clubhead. When I get I get it right the results can be great, as much as 20 yds more carry than usual, but overdoing it also can lead to badly skied drives. The first has produced the longest drives I have hit, but the second produces a bit less distance, but is less risky for skying drives.

@ the OP , your numbers are pretty darn good as they are. Mine are similar, but maybe a few mph less on average. To eke a bit more distance out of my ~100 - 104~ SS, I can 2 things. One is that I decrease the loft on my Driver, tee the ball a little higher and more forward (off my lead instep, or even my big toe) to get a more positive AoA and catch the ball a little higher on the face ( which increases LA and reduces spin). I also try to keep my hands ahead so I'm delivering less loft at impact (which increases ball speed). The second is increasing my Driver loft, teeing a little higher, but not so far forward, and again trying to keep my hands ahead of the clubhead. When I get I get it right the results can be great, as much as 20 yds more carry than usual, but overdoing it also can lead to badly skied drives. The first has produced the longest drives I have hit, but the second produces a bit less distance, but is less risky for skying drives.

Thanks for the tip...I could go NS with say a Martini Tee and see how that goes...I have been driver swing ring training and am getting better extension on my follow through to stay down the line more, hence I can play it more fwd without the face shutting down. I do set up hands fwd, however I don't hit high on the face or sky shots...impact is about middle. My numbers improved greatly with Attas DK tipped.

Perhaps dial up more loft and keep the low spin, or try a new head with more loft 10.5. I used to play 9.5's, however the new designs, balls, shafts have me at 11.5. I can go 10.5 +1, or 12 open

my current driver is the lowest loft i've played in a long time, and was purchased more as a way to test the j815. it seems to want to draw, and some bad misses left made me try the "RIGHT" setting which according to the manual is -1* loft. if that's true and actual loft is 8.5*, that's shocking because i can hit this thing high when i make a good swing. i really need to get on an lm with this to see what it's doing, because i like it a lot.

i'd like to find something that plays at 11.5 or 12, but without a shut face and draw bias.

Back