Driver During A Round

I used to only pull driver about 5 times on my home course. 3 of the par 5's and 2 drivable par 4's. After reading an article in GD, I started pulling it more often. I am finding that as long as there is not trouble where I am hitting it, I can wedge it closer from about 30-60 yards out vs laying back and trying to hit a full short iron/wedge.

I would say 11 or 12 times for my home course playing about 6500 yards, but you can spray and recover if need be, really depends on course layout and length I have no problem not taking driver off the tee if the layout calls for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13-14 times for me. I love hitting driver and I play to have fun, so I'm not worried about the smart play off the tee during a casual round.

I am just figuring in my home course.

7 times.

My home course is really tight, so I take Heavenwood off of the teebox pretty frequently.

Interesting question JB, and one I have been thinking about lately.

In a casual round, probably 10-12 times. When I play in the few tournaments I get into, I cut that back to probably 8. Interesting thing, but not surprising, is that I shoot probably 5 strokes lower in those tournaments. And I hit my 3 hybrid off the tee around 210, and barely hit my driver 225 - 230, so it makes sense to use the hybrid more.

12 would be a norm.

On my home course 11 usually, going with 3-wood on two holes and hybrid on another - really a function of shorter holes with too much trouble if I hit my driver the usual distance - though on 2 of them, from the two forward tee boxes I sometimes try to crank the driver anyway for fun and if I tag it correctly with the wind behind me I can either get on the green or be chipping from 5+/- yards off the green but given the water and traps around the green it is not a smart play - just a lot of fun to try.

12 to 14 on most courses that I play.

Depends on the course and how well I'm hitting it.
I'd venture a guess at 10 or 11. Realistically, it could be as low as 3-5. And I've gone a couple rounds where I don't use it at all and done just as well, so......

I regularly hit driver on every distance hole--all 14 of them. I am a relatively short knocker and hit my driver about as straight or straighter than any fairway metal or hybrid.

All depends on the course layout, the tees that day, weather, and how my swing is working. Some courses all 14 others might be 10 or less.

(At my home course) How many times do I need to? 4
How many times do I usually? 12

I'm working on playing smarter. I'm also hoping to find a driver fit for me, this winter, that makes me more accurate than my SLDR.

It's course and tee dependent. But 100% if the course and hole distances allowed for it.

Depends on the tees and how many par 5s. but probably 6-7.

I would say on most of the courses I play I take driver off the tee at least 12-14 times. Its really course dependent. I don't hit it very far so most of the time I need to take driver off the tee.

Probably between 7-9 times. If it's under 400 yards many times I'll pull 3 wood. I have a ton of confidence in my 3 wood and don't hit it significantly shorter than driver.

as many as i can, but there are probably 2-3 times a round when a 4w or 4h is pulled instead. i have gobs of confidence with my 4h, and i'm slowly getting there with the 4w.

I would say probably at least 12 times, depending on the course. Might pull out the 3W or 5h for a couple of the 90 degree par 4 holes at my normal course.

Depends on the tees, but normally at least 9 times. There are a few holes when I'll just knock a Heavenwood into a full wedge yardage.

Home course: 14, it just works out that way on the par 4's, good target numbers
Unknown/Away Courses: it just depends on the yardages to say a hazard etc..

12 times at my home course as well as the course I play 2nd most.

Depends on the course. I was surprised how much I left the driver in the bag during the Grandaddy, if that tells you much.

To give you an actual answer, on a "normal" course (all the ones around here are short) I'd say I probably use driver 8 time, tops.

All 14 of them on most of the regular courses I play.

JM

It's very rare when I don't use driver. I probably need driver to reach a par 3 about as often as I play a distance hole too tight for me to hit driver.

Back