2016 Snowmageddon

It's been a big one for a lot of areas that normally don't get much snow. I'm glad it looks like the storm is winding down.

Here in N. California we have been in a drought the last 4 winters so any and all storms are welcome. We got 14 inches last night with another 6 on the way and after a great start to the winter I hope the storms keep coming in off the Pacific. We need about 650-700 inches of snow to end the drought and fill up the reservoirs and we are almost half way there for the season.

Power company just updated the outage map with a restoration date of MONDAY at 11pm I sure hope they beat that by about 2 days

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's no good. Hope they get you guys up faster than that. Be safe

We have somewhere in the 14-16" range with the wind and drifting hard to tell for sure.

Here's what I look like after the first round of shoveling the 8-10" that fell overnight and digging out my car and part of the wifes. Along with some pics of what it looks like here. Not sure when they will dig out the parking lot but the plow that was here earlier hasn't come close to the backend of the complex

4a403ce1ee0987836771d6bfe692e0ce.jpg

f6443a1228624f73b88a19290069cb68.jpg

880edb4d0e9140c3db6e0ab9386b9ad1.jpg

9bb0f89c7d75a1a18c995b6c2013ad3b.jpg

IMG_20160123_084812_zps9j4nqnl0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well my house is now officially a waterfront

2016 Snowmageddon

Here's a look from 4 floors up in comfy 72* weather. Looking at the cars in our outdoor lot, make the $250 a month for two garage spots seem like a bargain right now.
52b311ff32f911465656e1a9439aafad.jpg

02fed408f7b772e47678392fbf9983ad.jpg

7c7c624e0830e4a04654fd1275451cbc.jpg

Jesus. Stay safe dude.

All of you guys dealing with this "weather."

Thanks. It's starting to go down now. I'm evacuating my family when it goes down unfortunately looks like my house will have a new indoor pool after this

Thanks. It's starting to go down now. I'm evacuating my family when it goes down unfortunately looks like my house will have a new indoor pool after this

Sorry to hear that bud. You definately are getting "the worst" from this storm. Snow and ice are at least manageable. Flood water trumps all. Stay safe.

No issues on my end, just sux this area is clueless when it comes to snow removal. They wait for 2-3" of snow to accumulate on the roads before dropping the plow. So we end up snow packed roads, get a couple more inches on top of that so they are constantly playing catchup.

Yeah, unless your dad doe at fix the snowblower during your age 10 til you leave the house so the snow shoveling duties got in the way of some fun.

don't feel bad, I have some cousins that can't either.

Be safe, ice is no bueno.

Some mid 40s in mid middle of the week and rain/snow mix late. With some sun and the temps we should get a decent melt, if it stains rain that will help too.

Dude you are way to negative. Lighten up

Holy ^%%$%, I'd prefer the snow than the water. Time to get out of dodge. Stay safe man!

We're getting hammered here in Barnegat, NJ. High winds and lots of snow. We lost power for a few hours this morning, but luckily its back on. We live in a 55+ community so no shoveling driveways, but we just have to wait for the plows to get here - probably some time tomorrow or late this evening since they have to wait for the snow to stop.

I pray everyone stays safe and warm and gets through this OK.

Flooding is no fun. Hope everything's okay down there.

2016 Snowmageddon

These Southerners crack me up. There hasn't been a Starbucks open in 2 days I've been here in North Carolina... It's just a typical week for us in West Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
IMG_20160123_084812_zps9j4nqnl0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stay safe! Glad to hear the water is going down and you are getting your family out of there

These Southern crack me up. There hasn't been a Starbucks open in 2 days I've been here in North Carolina... It's just a typical week for us in West Michigan.

Yes, we shut everything down before the first flake of snow even falls. Biggest issue here is that we generally get ice because of temperature variations meaning that the storm starts off as rain, then freezing rain, then snow, and back to ice. When I got up this morning the majority of the snow from yesterday was gone and it has been sleeting/freezing rain all morning and there is about 1/4" of ice on top of everything. The second issue is that we southerners don't have the snow equipment that you do in Michigan. this storm will probably consume the snow removal budget for the entire year.

That is why the temps should never get below 60!!!!

Yes, we shut everything down before the first flake of snow even falls. Biggest issue here is that we generally get ice because of temperature variations meaning that the storm starts off as rain, then freezing rain, then snow, and back to ice. When I got up this morning the majority of the snow from yesterday was gone and it has been sleeting/freezing rain all morning and there is about 1/4" of ice on top of everything. The second issue is that we southerners don't have the snow equipment that you do in Michigan. this storm will probably consume the snow removal budget for the entire year.

That is why the temps should never get below 60!!!!

I have seen that, general road maintenance for this is pretty abysmal even on the highways. Also the lack of driving abilities in this weather is amazing, when I clicked on the news in Charlotte yesterday morning there had already been 18-19 accidents at 6:30am and the storm hadn't even started.

These Southern crack me up. There hasn't been a Starbucks open in 2 days I've been here in North Carolina... It's just a typical week for us in West Michigan.

If you come get my power back on I will make sure you have an endless supply of coffee for the week ;)

If you come get my power back on I will make sure you have an endless supply of coffee for the week ;)

Well, I'm sure it will be soon. We just got moved from Winston-Salem to east of Raleigh that seems to be where a majority of the outages are. Shoot Duke Energy was going to release half our company, but they just moved them over here also.

Back