Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Long Fairway Wood Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV talks with Tour Edge Exotics about their new EX9 Long FW Wood.

Sounds like something very similar to the BB Mini which is a fantastic approach. She eluded to the cult following for their fairway woods so I expect to see good stuff coming out of this one.

Sounds like something very similar to the BB Mini which is a fantastic approach. She eluded to the cult following for their fairway woods so I expect to see good stuff coming out of this one.

You know me, I'm a fan of these style of clubs. Mostly driven by the courses I play. The head on this one looks smaller, noticeably smaller, similar to say the X2 hot deep series. To my eye it would appear easier to hit from the turf than the BB or either of the TM mini's.

You know me, I'm a fan of these style of clubs. Mostly driven by the courses I play. The head on this one looks smaller, noticeably smaller, similar to say the X2 hot deep series. To my eye it would appear easier to hit from the turf than the BB or either of the TM mini's.

Makes sense, think I heard her say 180 or 185 cc's while the Mini is like 220. I do have to wonder since it's designed for off the tee why they didn't go a little bigger....especially with the success that the Mini has.

It does sound similar, can't wait to see it in person.

Having tried the Callaway option that sounds similar to this, this is an interesting sounding club. I can't help but think they are a bit late to the party here, but with the following they seem to have, it's probably going to work well for them.

I've always had great luck with T.E.E. I'm not the target demographic for this version of the EX9 though I do look forward to taking a swipe or two with it.

Driver distance in a fairway and mostly for off the tee. This is interesting for my bag. With a heavenwood as my primary long club off the deck and the success I had with the mini as well as not playing 4w off the deck a lot during a round this could be something to look at for my setup.

• Admin

After shooting 4-5 videos on the different clubs, this one very much stood out as something that they very much enjoy talking about.

Definitely interested in this as I've enjoyed TEE FWs for a while.

Very interested in giving this a try. The Callaway didn't work for me as well as the TM SLDR but both were incredibly accurate and long.

I've enjoyed my TEE strong 3wd w/ Aldila RIP shaft. Definitely a hot club that can send the ball flying and rolling quite a ways when hit decently. Depending on how things go this year with my GBB driver and 3wd, the EX9 long fairway could hit my ponder list.

Been thinking about this club quite a bit today. Just seems like something I would want in my bag.

Back