2016 Farmers Insurance Open (Spoilers)

There are big trees that have been blown down all over the city, pretty crazy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah I'd say it's blowing a little bit!

I wonder if the winds are a genuine threat or if they are just dragging it out.

Good question. IIRC, I thought they were saying that there would be no galleries today?

JM

Well, he did play in pretty bad conditions yesterday and shot a 69 so I can understand his point.

I'd like to see what it looks like live, however GC isn't showing anything. You know Sneds wants them playing in 40mph winds haha

Went to leave this morning and there was a tree laying across the road. I guess it was tired.

Your trees are more chill than ours on the East Coast.

I wonder if the winds are a genuine threat or if they are just dragging it out.

part of the reasoning from what I heard on GC last night is cleanup efforts. Several of the on site reporters were saying 8 am start was going to be tough for the grounds crew to get everything cleaned up by then.

part of the reasoning from what I heard on GC last night is cleanup efforts. Several of the on site reporters were saying 8 am start was going to be tough for the grounds crew to get everything cleaned up by then.

Yeah, plus the roads around there are likely a mess. Good day to be a tree trimmer in this town.

This event still hasn't crowned a champ? Interesting how little chatter we get in these threads

Live reporting from the course right now, not a ton of wind but lots of trees blown over

Finally just showed some images of the course and it's definitely a mess. I wonder how they'll handle balls landing anywhere near fallen trees.

This event still hasn't crowned a champ? Interesting how little chatter we get in these threads
Doesn't restart til 1 eastern today on GC

Who is leading? Slackers:D
Walker -7 thru 10. Sneds got hosed with the stoppage yesterday imo, -6 F, and choi at -6 thru 10. Be interested to see what damage the course took.

I did laugh a little at the trackman stats yesterday into the wind. KJ with the 212 or 216 yard carry, can't remember the exact number.

Finally just showed some images of the course and it's definitely a mess. I wonder how they'll handle balls landing anywhere near fallen trees.

What, you never saw Happy Gilmore? Play it as it lies.

Walker -7 thru 10. Sneds got hosed with the stoppage yesterday imo, -6 F, and choi at -6 thru 10. Be interested to see what damage the course took.

The stoppage of play was pretty lucky for Walker, Choi and a couple of others in contention. Another few holes in that weather and they might have fallen back to -4 or -5 giving Sneds the win through attrition.

One of the commentators said the longest drive on one of the holes into the wind yesterday was Dustin Johnson at a staggering 263 yards.

One of the commentators said the longest drive on one of the holes into the wind yesterday was Dustin Johnson at a staggering 263 yards.

Thats pretty impressive with those winds

Some photos from the course from Golf Digest site:

9ac67b9d229576eef18f666a5acfb66f.jpg

a6b4458441d9189854c14e8f221be15c.jpg

dd6a9ee6540974740db28785d9c06f5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like what's been happening in the Monterey area!

Sheesh that course took a beating last night! Interesting to see debris all over the place and no spectators at all. It looks like its playing tougher this morning than yesterday!

Live coverage on PGAtour.com now. Taking a late lunch boss!!!

The course conditions don't look visibly bad right now.. Nowhere near what it looked like yesterday.

All one of these guys needs to do is go on a bit of a run and the tournament is theirs.

And just like that Sneds is tied for the lead, I bet he's onsite hitting balls soon!

Back