THP FF 2010 Official League

Bridges, I believe I was doing a mock yahoo draft and I found a 16 teamer... I think. I can't remember the number of teams right now, head still buzzing from my other draft. Ill look tomorrow and let you know!

Bridges, I believe I was doing a mock yahoo draft and I found a 16 teamer... I think. I can't remember the number of teams right now, head still buzzing from my other draft. Ill look tomorrow and let you know!

Sweet, thanks man!

I just looked the biggest is 14 that I can see. 16 is very rare for a fantasy league of any kind

In my opinion the more teams in the league, the more you have to research and strategize. I mean with that logic, it would be no different if you had 30 picks in between or 22
I should have clarified, I mean during the actual draft.
You better believe I'm researching like crazy, but I can't really make any decisions on the fly based on the other teams. And if there's a player I really want, I'm probably going to have to reach for him way earlier than I normally would.

Hey are we a PPR league?

You better believe I'm researching like crazy, but I can't really make any decisions on the fly based on the other teams. And if there's a player I really want, I'm probably going to have to reach for him way earlier than I normally would.

I completely agree- I have a lot of thought put into this draft, but I have absolutely NO CLUE who will be available for me at 16,17. Its nice having 2 picks in a row, but like JL said... it becomes really easy to reach for people.

I completely agree- I have a lot of thought put into this draft, but I have absolutely NO CLUE who will be available for me at 16,17. Its nice having 2 picks in a row, but like JL said... it becomes really easy to reach for people.

I still cannot figure out how this is different for people than a 12 team league. You are still relying on other teams to make picks. The same players are getting picked in teh same slots as any other league. If you have pick 16 for example, it does not seem to be hard to figure out who will be available. Do a mock draft and find the picks early in round 2.

Yes we are.

I still cannot figure out how this is different for people than a 12 team league. You are still relying on other teams to make picks. The same players are getting picked in teh same slots as any other league. If you have pick 16 for example, it does not seem to be hard to figure out who will be available. Do a mock draft and find the picks early in round 2.
I disagree. I think this draft will go much differently than a standard mock because of the extra teams. Someone at the 12-13 shoulder in a standard league may feel comfortable taking a solid QB first, then maybe a risky RB or WR. With 16 teams, I think all those risky picks will fall since each team has less quality players. Also, certain positions may fall since it takes longer to fill out each teams core of starters.

We were judging from the shoulders, though. I guess you could predict some things from the more central slots.

Yikes! I didn't realize we were ppr!
Was it ppr last year?

No it was not. But in researching a 16 team league really needs that to help weigh out players to more even value.

No it was not. But in researching a 16 team league really needs that to help weigh out players to more even value.
I see. Good call.

The more I mock draft the more I'm seeing that the 7th pick is quite possibly the worst pick in the draft.

The more I mock draft the more I'm seeing that the 7th pick is quite possibly the worst pick in the draft.
Nah, you have all kinds of options at 7. Probably still at least one stud RB left, or you could go with one of the top 2 QB's or WR's. I'd definitely rather have that spot than any of the spots behind you.

I see what you guys are saying but my mock drafts(which granted are against computers and not humans) are going poorly. The RB's left are definitely top shelf but not top tier caliber. But really for some reason it is later in the rounds that for some reason the players I want are getting taken right before me and I don't want to reach for them so I'm missing out. I'm hoping the human element allows some of the guys I have on my radar to drop to me.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Anyone planning on doing anything crazy?

I mean like crazy strategies or a surprising first pick or something like that.

My 3rd and 4th picks are a big key to my draft, I hope I get who I have in mind to take.. My 5th pick might surprise some people if I go with it, but there is a good strategy behind it.

So since this thread is about ff I have the first pick in my old work league. Do I get crazy and take Rodgers or do the safe or normal thing and take Johnson/Peterson? Having the first pick it will be a while before it comes back to me. I'm thinking all the rb's will be gone if I don't take one. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So since this thread is about ff I have the first pick in my old work league. Do I get crazy and take Rodgers or do the safe or normal thing and take Johnson/Peterson? Having the first pick it will be a while before it comes back to me. I'm thinking all the rb's will be gone if I don't take one. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If tds are 6 pts, I could see you thinking about taking a qb first. However, it's only justified if you can predict who the top scoring qb will be this year, and that hasn't been done by the "expert" rankings for at least four years now. IMO it's way more beneficial to just play it safe with Cj.
You can't win a league with your first pick, but you can sure as hell lose it with too much of a risk.

I guess it'll be no surprise who I take first tomorrow night, eh?

Back