Poll: Have you seen measurable success with Indoor putting

Poll: Have you seen measurable success with Indoor putting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The time I spend putting indoors is with an eyeline mirror trying to get a consistent stroke. I also try to do this during the summer so I can't say that any improvement is attributed strictly to what is indoors. But what putting I do indoors is strictly working on technique.

I have definitely seen an improvement. I committed to getting better so I basically carpeted half the basement and added a few training aids. I built a version of Pelz's truth board with a hole size reducer and I use a Eyeline mirror to check ball position etc. I put marks on the floor at 3', 5', 10', & 15' and play games like make 5 in a row from each distance.

bludz.jpg
[/IMG]
2eoxhm8.jpg
[/IMG]

Love your setup. That is awesome. I have the original Pelz truth board and it is definitely showing its age after 14-15 years of usage. It has definitely helped with my 3 footers and my confidence on the green.

Golf dome near me has a pretty nice setup, I have been using that since it is convenient. Super fast and a variety of break. Been getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My setup, routine, and starting line have all improved from indoor 4 footer practice. So has my confidence in that range, I feel I can make them all on the course and if by some chance I miss I no longer fear a 2 foot return putt.

I just don't have the setup in my house to fully practice on actual turf, so for me it's more about posture, practice strokes and having some golf related activity to do while it's snowy outside!

Absolutely I have. The carpet we have is actually pretty similar to the speed of some of the sub par muni greens and public courses around here, so it's actually great practice. And then when I play faster greens it still helps with hitting the intended line and just have to adjust for speed. My putting definitely improved this past year after doing a lot of it.

I look at this the same way I look at any practice really. If it's just doing he same thing over and over and expecting different results (like pounding balls on the range) then success will be limited. If working on technique then i don't think it matters if it's indoor or outdoors.

JB nailed it. If you are practicing without feedback. You are just hitting a ball.

Yes. Because indoor work it all technique for me. Stroke, posture, ball position, eye position, etc.

Yes. I installed a putting green in my man cave a couple years ago and my putting has improved for the first time in 30 years.

I just do it to hold a club in my hand and roll a few balls. I don't consider it practice time for me.

I used to putt on my living room carpet every day and I was a much better putter than I am now. Even if the speed isnt the same as a real green, practicing your stroke and at least being able to start you putt on your intended line is a help.

I don't putt enough during the Winter to SEE improvement, if I'm being honest. My set up is just putting on carpet, so I'm just trying to stay connected and make sure my stroke is still straight.

I haven't put forth enough time practicing indoors with a putter to see results, at least recently. Back in HS I would do indoor putting during a group lesson. One person would putt, one would pitch, and one would hit full shots. There is something to practicing on a surface that does the same thing every time. Practicing 3, 4 and 5 footers definitely helped. The only problem is, if the heaters got too hot, it would warp and break a different way.

My putting has improved from indoor putting, mainly my distance control. Now I know every green is different but putting on my green lets me learn the forced needed and how much to change for it.

Indoor putting has helped me but I never hit long putts. I focus on short putts small target and hitting the ball exactly where I want every time.

I just putt inside to doing something golf wise. I don't think it helps a bit, for me anyway.

I putt in my living room all the time. It's helped me develop a stroke that is repeatable and successful. I may have a high handicap but my downfall is not my putting.

Indoor putting is pretty much limited to practicing setup and making sure I can start my putt on the intended line. I generally putt balls over a dime that is about 16" in front of a ball. I use varying stroke lengths to ensure that I can do this with any length putt. Everything about putting is personal, but if you can't start the ball on your intended line you will have a difficult time with green reading and distance control.

I see no improvement with indoor putting. It could be that
A: I only have carpet and tile to putt on, or
B: That my damn dog snatches up all the golf balls and starts to chew on them. He will even try and grab them before you can putt them.

I am going more with B than A.

I don't do it. I did in the past and didn't see any benefit for me. I only have regular carpet, not an indoor putting surface.

I have a birdie ball green in the basement and use it some in the winter. I use it for mostly working on the putting stroke mechanics only

I track my putts using the Nike 360 app during rounds (and transfer scores over to OOB, there's probably a better way but it is what it is), I noticed a significant decrease in 3 putts from 2 seasons ago to last season. Granted, some of that was probably me just playing more and starting to get better, but last winter I did a lot of indoor putting concentrating on distance and speed and I saw much better putting stats this past season.

During the winter months I mainly use indoor putting for my swing to get it tuned in for the season.

Absolutely had success with indoor putting. Mainly for feedback because the putt is dead straight and any issue with alignment or stroke mechanics can be seen and sorted. Becoming aware of areas in putting which need to improve. For me it was alignment, consistent stroke mechanics (including grip, arms, spine), eye line and down the line eye perception. A lot, I know, but man it's great when your practice shows massive improvement on course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen better results in my shorter putts since picking up a birdieball green a few years ago. It lets me putt late at night and is a MUCH better option than the turf green they have at the golf dome in the winter.

Back