How many times a season do you change out your putter?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
I know for some of us on here we have some pretty great collections. Do you use them? How often do you change our the flat stick? Last season I gamed 7 different putters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the past 3 years ive used no more than 2 putters a year on average

I know for some of us on here we have some pretty great collections. Do you use them? How often do you change our the flat stick? Last season I gamed 7 different putters.

I don't have a collection and use just 1 because that is what I have. But question for you is did you see consistency with 7 different putters?

How many times a season do you change out your putter?

I don't have a collection and use just 1 because that is what I have. But question for you is did you see consistency with 7 different putters?

Oddly enough, I putt pretty well with all of them. No discernible difference. The top two are slightly ahead of the others.

I have been known to try a few different putters when I am in a funk, but rarely more than 3 in a season

I've bounced around a little bit in the past few years. Last year I rolled 4 different putter.

Last year I used two different putters. The other 8 are collecting dust. Had a stretch where I used the same putter for 7 years.

Many of us here are tinkerers haha

I use them all (7), but this year I am going to try to resist the temptation to do that to try to gain some more consistency with just a couple of them. Do not have any that just sit there and look pretty.

I use them all (7), but this year I am going to try to resist the temptation to do that to try to gain some more consistency with just a couple of them. Do not have any that just sit there and look pretty.

That's my goal too- as I have a Golfsmith online cart filled with another as we speak hahaha

Last year I got a little putter happy and it seems like I switched out every other week. I've really reduced my putter collection the past few months and am planning on using my Lajosi all season once it comes in.

Last year I got a little putter happy and it seems like I switched out every other week. I've really reduced my putter collection the past few months and am planning on using my Lajosi all season once it comes in.

This is me. I go through stretches where it seems like a different one is in the bag each round

Depends on everything for me. I gamed my GoLo for 2+ full seasons but in the last year have gamed 5 putters.

Same putter for last 3 years. TM White Smoke. Hoping to pick up an Odyssey Works Versa #1 or a Cleveland 2135 in the spring.

I currently only have one putter, and I've had it since the Grandaddy Dos. I putt pretty good with it, but I still struggle with the mental aspect of a bad day putting--and will look to blame the putter over myself. I may switch it up (last summer I rotated 3 putters), but I always end up back where I'm comfortable with that Grandaddy putter.

last year i used 6, maybe 7 different putters. but i only have 2 of those left. i don't have any specific plans to swap them out, although i was putting around yesterday with my ptm1 and it felt really good. so maybe i will.

That's my goal too- as I have a Golfsmith online cart filled with another as we speak hahaha

And I have one waiting at the post office to be picked up tomorrow and working with Tad Moore on building me a custom putter! Haha

I haven't played a different putter since starting golf about 6 years ago.

I only use two putters but they which back and forth 4-5 times per year. I put them in a dark closet when they aren't behaving!!!! That'll teach them!

WBM, we have the same putter and can't imagine using another putter. I can't quit you, Studio Design.

Now if we're talking every other club in the bag, I think I gamed about 976 different combinations last year...

WBM, we have the same putter and can't imagine using another putter. I can't quit you, Studio Design.

Now if we're talking every other club in the bag, I think I gamed about 976 different combinations last year...

Haha - I love my Scotty as you do. There are so many fun toys out there though!

last year i used 6, maybe 7 different putters. but i only have 2 of those left. i don't have any specific plans to swap them out, although i was putting around yesterday with my ptm1 and it felt really good. so maybe i will.

Tinkering is fun

4 years now with the same 2 ball putter (see signature). I tried a Ping putter this past summer and it had better weighting and balance, really tempted.

4 years now with the same 2 ball putter (see signature). I tried a Ping putter this past summer and it had better weighting and balance, really tempted.

I feel like I'm always tempted! Even when i think I'm completely content... Something gets me

I don't mess with my putter since I started about 40 years ago I have used 3, Tommy Armour IM5 Ping Eye and now Versa 7.

my mother who is 86 and still playing 3 rounds a week is still using the putter she has had since the 1940's........ DO NOT get in a put out with her..........

Back