Ok so I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with Callaway's 5 year war with TaylorMade and how Harry Arnett and the rest of the ZooCrew have approached becoming the #1 golf OEM. So heres my question for everyone. You have been hired on as Marketing Manager for an OEM and the CEO of the company comes to you and tells you he has just declared your own 5 year war against Callaway. How are you going to dethrone the current king?

I would review Callaway's past performance and see where they have succeeded in out-marketing, out-playing and out done previous efforts. I would then address those short comings in the current marketing strategy. I'd work with R&D to make the best hardware using the most cutting edge technology there is. Build the best coupled with a great price point, marketed properly, and you will dethrone the King in no time.

Hire my pro on your marketing team.He just has a total disinterest in all callaway products for high handicappers.Told me it is club design and lack of forgiveness.Maybe I can get him to give me a list and post on here why he is negative towards them.

Hire my pro on your marketing team.He just has a total disinterest in all callaway products for high handicappers.Told me it is club design and lack of forgiveness.Maybe I can get him to give me a list and post on here why he is negative towards them.

Your pro is very wrong on that assessment, although I would love to hear his reasonings behind the design philosophy making it so.
Im guessing he carries other items (based on your past post).

Oh boy, your pro sounds like a doozy.

Your pro is very wrong on that assessment, although I would love to hear his reasonings behind the design philosophy making it so.
Im guessing he carries other items (based on your past post).
He custom designs Wishon irons.As of now they are out of my price range.But I still adhere to his advice on clubs to avoid respecting his expertise.Through research, I'm going to see if I can get some one on one time with Exotic golf.They are local and I believe I can go right to their facility and get custom fit.

Hmmm.
If you would have given 3 to 1 odds on what he sells, I would have guessed right with in two tries. :D

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. For my money, ANY pro that says that about ANY major brand is so far off, its clear that they have something else going on...

Back