THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Haha I'll will he devastated as well if I don't get picked for any of the RR events as well

I will renounce my co residence... until we get a RR LOL
Sounds more like a co-dependency to me.

Definitely tough picks for the captains. Lots of worthy people to choose from.

Sweet looking hats! Very disappointed I won't be a part of this event so close to home. I will be thinking of all of you that day. Enjoy the time with friends and great golf!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's a question that has been asked before but now that we are deeper into it wondering how everyone feels.

How do you react if you are not a captains pick? Honestly would you be upset/mad/supportive I will be curious where you guys go with this ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any reason for anyone to be mad about not being a captains pick. I will be disappointed, especially since the event is so close to my home, but mad is not something that will even cross my mind.

I'll definitely be supportive. A few of us have already talked about being at the event and possibly playing a round nearby during the event If we don't get picked. Supporting my home state and other THPers is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of those hats! Looking forward to filling in the team.

The hats look good and some say I look good in a hat..... :act-up:

Damn have a busy day at work/home and the Jerry Springer Show takes over!

Here's a question that has been asked before but now that we are deeper into it wondering how everyone feels.

How do you react if you are not a captains pick? Honestly would you be upset/mad/supportive I will be curious where you guys go with this ;)

Yes I will be upset/disappointed and maybe even a tad mad that I did not get picked. I am a competitor and want to represent my region, specially on my local course. With that said I am grown man and will get over it after a few seconds. I will be supportive of those who get picked and will be there Saturday.

If I don't get selected, so be it. My captain has the DMV's best interests in mind and knows what he wants in a team. I trust that the team that represents the DMV will have a great time and will represent us well. I want to be on the team and I want to carry us to victory but if I do not get that opportunity, I'll do everything in my power to make sure that the DMV brings home a victory. I'll cheer from the sidelines, play practice rounds, or dry range balls before the DMV team hits their driver on the range. Whatever it takes.

The hats look good and some say I look good in a hat..... :act-up:

Damn have a busy day at work/home and the Jerry Springer Show takes over!

Yes I will be upset/disappointed and maybe even a tad mad that I did not get picked. I am a competitor and want to represent my region, specially on my local course. With that said I am grown man and will get over it after a few seconds. I will be supportive of those who get picked and will be there Saturday.

Great answer!

Captains picks are fast approaching. I see some guys pushing hard. I have been tied up in certification classes testing all week but I have been watching. The list is rounding into form.

Who all is confident about their chances to be a captains pick?

I am fortunate to be on the team already, but I will say having not been selected for other THP events, if you are not selected for this one there will always be other great opportunities that come along. That may be of little consolation initially but having been here a few years things just keep getting better and better so keep your head up.

Great answer!
As my students would say, just keeping it . And yes you need a special degree now to understand their talk.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Captains picks are fast approaching. I see some guys pushing hard. I have been tied up in certification classes testing all week but I have been watching. The list is rounding into form.

i believe I have done what is needed to,show my captain that I want to be in this event and will be dedicated to the forum, social media and to my game leading up to the event and will be ready to play on game day if I'm chosen. There are a lot if good choices to fill the last 3 spots and he will make the right call.

i will be supportive if not choosen. Mad and upset might not be the exact emotions, but disappointed will be one for sure. I have wanted in the event when JB first announced the concept and as regions were being announced. When this region was given the opportunity my goal was to work hard to get on the team. I won't be thrilled if I don't get in because I want to compete and represent this region, but whoever is picked I will be happy for

Nice lids JB, great design and color choices. In regards to being disappointed or upset about not making the team, not at all. I'm really not expecting to make it. I am really late to this party and timing was just bad to make it into this event. There are many golfers that deserve to make this team on both sides, I don't envy the captains responsibilities. I do think I could be an asset if chosen. Either way, I will be there in July to support the DMV side, shake a bunch of hands and put faces to names.

And this is why we do random number generator most of the time.
But even then, its painful for me.
So basically you wanted to see them squirm and feel the pain you do so often :D

Would be disappointed but it isn't the end of the world, there are a lot worse things that can happen every day. Of course I'll be supportive, I plan on coming up to RNK for the event and if allowed would go play some practice rounds. Still going to keep playing golf and trying to improve my game. I have enjoyed my increased presence on the forum and barring some unforeseen event will continue to be active. I will also be available to be a replacement if someone has to drop out for some unfortunate reason.

At this time, only the captains know who they are considering and why which means I am not confident at all. I am sure that in the captains eyes every player comes with a list of pros and cons. I have done my best to try and show my desire to play on the team but I don't know if what I did was right, wrong, or indifferent. Not sure why anyone would be confident, but that is just my nature.

For the guys that have been selected already. How excited are you to see who joins your team? What characteristics do you want to see from the newest members of the teams?

For the guys that have been selected already. How excited are you to see who joins your team? What characteristics do you want to see from the newest members of the teams?
I said from the second I found out about this event, the Albatross Club and how truly involved this forum is that I was in awe.

After getting lucky enough to be randomly selected... I felt some level of guilt. Seeing how many people are so jazzed for just the opportunity to be selected makes me feel twice as guilty, but has also given me more motivation to work on my game than I've ever had before.

I WANT to represent our area... and I'm extremely excited to see who will be joining us.

As for characteristics I'd like to see? For me, it's simple. I want to see gamers... but gamers with class. Based on what I've come to learn about the men and women who frequent this site, I don't think there's a bad selection to be made.

I'm new... but nobody has been anything but helpful and cordial to me at every turn in every post.

The Kickoff Classic thread, while it was going on, was tons of fun. The genuine camaraderie shown in the recaps afterwards has been even more fun.

Long story short... July 9th is so close yet so far away and I can't wait to find out who will be joining us and getting my feet wet in my first (of hopefully many) THP Event.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Very excited. My favorite trait in any person is passion and kindness. Pretty much all the THP members I've played with are this way.

I'm extremely excited to see who is going to join us on the team. I want to see someone who is truly passionate about the vent and who obviously wants to beat the DMV. I think the Carolina's has a lot of guys who would be great teammates and I can't wait to see who joins us.

I would be supportive for sure. Of course I want to make the team, but I can't picture a bad pick on either side right now, so I can't be too bummed out. I still plan to show up too, whether I'm in it or not.

Friday is inching ever closer. This week seems to be dragging along even more slowly that last week.

Whomever wind up filling out the spots will be excellent choices! Well, except maybe that deuce guy :alien2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admittedly, I'll be bummed. I'll get over it though. Nothing in life is guaranteed, and we're not owed anything. I try to treat each THP event as my last because I have no idea what life has in store for me. I hope I'm around for much much longer, but you never know ... so enjoy it while you can. Both teams have quality individuals gunning for these three spots, and the other four on each team are likewise top notch individuals so ... no, I won't be mad because it's hard to begrudge a good person their good fortune. The only thing that would disappoint me, is if after the event it turns out someone dogged the whole experience. I don't think that will happen, but that would certainly disappoint me.

Oh yeah ... getting the driver dialed in with a couple of TrueTemper shaft choices!

Getting this, and the PL Blue tipped today!

Back