deadon500

old guy
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 GHIN
today we tried a game 1 man best ball. ---- 3 threesomes played it and it was a great time. what do you think

How does it work? Best ball of each 3 some vs the others?

How does it work?

Need more details

I hit 2 drives pick the best one pick up the other. hit 2 shots to the green pick the best. 2 putts at the hole hope 1 of them go in ---- it went as fast as 4 man best ball if not faster -- no one was waiting on us and we kept up with those in front of us

Should call it "Mulligans"

I love doing this...typically play this in early spring or fall with my buddies when the courses are empty. It is a good way to gauge where your game could be versus where you are at present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could have sworn Mark Broadie talked about it in his strokes gained book...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, each individual in the group, hit 2 shots every time?

Like playing a 2-man scramble by yourself?

And I think you meant scramble, best ball would be individuals playing their own ball, and then taking the best score after the hole is done.

I did this fairly often when I had my season pass. Usually 9 holes after I had finished an 18 for score. If you really want some fun play 9 holes scramble, 9 holes worst ball with yourself.

I did this fairly often when I had my season pass. Usually 9 holes after I had finished an 18 for score. If you really want some fun play 9 holes scramble, 9 holes worst ball with yourself.

Playing the worst ball seems like torture. No thanks.

Back