Cleveland Smart Square vs. Taylormade Daddy Long Legs 2.0

HartfordWhalers

Anyone see where it went?
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
Hi all,
I am looking to get a new putter for the upcoming season (hopefully we'll thaw out soon). I am between the Smart Square and the Daddy Long Legs 2.0. I putted with the DLL at the local store today, wasn't able to try the smart square since they didn't have it (might be discontinued). Anyone out there have any experience with either? Thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of both, so it really depends on what you are looking for in the putter?

The Smart Square is perhaps the easiest putter I've ever aligned, but the DLL 2.0 is a tad more adjustable with the weight and is heavier.

Completely different putters.

I like the ease of alignment with the smart square. I haven't rolled the dll but I've never been a fan of TM putters

Taylormade putters are point and shoot but lack feel in my opinion!

Taylormade putters are point and shoot but lack feel in my opinion!

Interesting feedback. Which have you rolled extensively? I've gamed TM putters numerous times over the years, along with many forum members through forum testing, and lack of feel was never something that people seemed to find.

Interesting feedback. Which have you rolled extensively? I've gamed TM putters numerous times over the years, along with many forum members through forum testing, and lack of feel was never something that people seemed to find.

And I would go further and say aren't all putters point and shoot?
Then it comes to maybe highest MOI one can handle in terms of eye and having a proper stroke.

And I would go further and say aren't all putters point and shoot?
Then it comes to maybe highest MOI one can handle in terms of eye and having a proper stroke.

Agreed.

Smart square is about the easiest "point and shoot" when it comes to alignment as well.

I might think the DLL would be higher MOI. I would also think you'd want to try the SM before purchasing, just because it has such a unique alignment tool. If you buy the SM putter be sure to get the version with the TFI face - that technology is great.

I have 2 Smart Squares, one center shafted and one not. I've putted with the Smart Square for about 40% of my rounds over the last few years which makes it my most popular putter over that period. It just got replaced last Monday by the Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang but putter changes are never permanent for me! I also have the DLL 2.0 and never got along with it. It is super high MOI but I tend to leave the face open with it. It's the only putter I have in my collection of 25 that has that tendency so I'd definitely try it before you buy it. The Smart Squares are super easy to add weight because they have a large hidden cavity. I added wheel weights to both of mine to bring the head weight up a bit.

BTW, the Cleveland Stubby is a great trainer, especially if you wind up choosing the Smart Square.

downloader2.php

I might think the DLL would be higher MOI. I would also think you'd want to try the SM before purchasing, just because it has such a unique alignment tool. If you buy the SM putter be sure to get the version with the TFI face - that technology is great.

The new face is that big an improvement? I was looking at the original, RBG has them on sale for far less than the new ones.

The new face is that big an improvement? I was looking at the original, RBG has them on sale for far less than the new ones.

I didn't care for the original at all. I really like the new face a lot. YMMV

I didn't care for the original at all. I really like the new face a lot. YMMV

I'm with you. It's not that I didn't like the old that much, but the newer face is fantastic.

That's good to know. Thanks guys!

I'm with you. It's not that I didn't like the old that much, but the newer face is fantastic.

I know you are right but I've held off until now. Thanks for making me buy yet another version of the Smart Square.:act-up:

I have the original smart square sitting around that I replaced with the new TFI halo smart square.

If you are interested in the original one LMK

I have the original smart square sitting around that I replaced with the new TFI halo smart square.

If you are interested in the original one LMK
I think you rolled the SS better than anyone else I have seen.

I think you rolled the SS better than anyone else I have seen.

Thanks man. That's about the only thing I did well that weekend. I'm a big fan of this putter and I like the new TFI Halo as well, can't wait to get out in the course again.

Thanks man. That's about the only thing I did well that weekend. I'm a big fan of this putter and I like the new TFI Halo as well, can't wait to get out in the course again.
I've only rolled the TFI in the golf shops, but I really really dig that face. So smooth.

Funny thing, I'm between the new TM OS Spider and another mallet and went to GOLFSMITH and rolled a Cleveland Stubby and it ended up being the most accurate for me out of the bunch, by logic I'd be good with the smart square putters right? Nope, the stubby wins the putting contest. So I bought it then and there if not for the putter then for a training aid, now waiting for the OS spider to come out and compare.

I had both of these putters except it was DLL 1.0 and I would take the DLL over the SS any day. Just a all around better feeling putter for me

Back