Those dates make this near impossible for me as both my sister and one of my nieces have their birthdays right around there (22nd and 24th). I'm not ruling it out, but it doesn't look good for me.

I know you all will have fun! And thanks to Wedge and Rock for organizing everything, I know it's not easy!
Sorry to hear. Hopefully the fall event will work if you miss this one.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

June 25-26 should work for me, and I like option 2A.

2A....

It seems clear that 2A is the choice. I recommend buying a groupon for Honey Creek asap as its a limited offer. Again dates are June 25/26.

Last edited:
Groupon bought. Looking forward to meeting you all. When I just bought, it said there was just 3 hrs 45 minutes left. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have an xtra group on for honey creek available so if someone needs it just let me know

I have an xtra group on for honey creek available so if someone needs it just let me know

Nice! So I have 2 and you'll have 1, to cover the Lake County IL crew.

I'm in for option 2a. Thats my birthday weekend so it should be fun.

Bummer on the date, I'll be in New Orleans at a conference. Have fun brothers! Maybe next year.

Edit... maybe this fall!

Will there be a problem to the format if I only play on Sunday? Don't want to mess it up.

Will there be a problem to the format if I only play on Sunday? Don't want to mess it up.
No worries at all, we can make whatever work!

I picked up my groupon today. I can't wait till Iowa 2016.

It'll be here before we know it (same is basically going to be true for any golf events - THP and otherwise) I'm hoping to make this year. I'm itching to play, this Spring, more than in prior years, I think.

It'll be here before we know it (same is basically going to be true for any golf events - THP and otherwise) I'm hoping to make this year. I'm itching to play, this Spring, more than in prior years, I think.
We are in the 60s next 2 weeks. Courses are greening up. Saw the first Robin of the year yesterday. Spring has arrived! Golf starts very soon.

Are dates finalized? Can we get them in the first post if they are? ? thanks!

Done lurking I am in for the Iowa trip ?

I'm in. My buddy also wants to come.
As long as he is able to get a passport. Lol

Swyped while swerving on my S6 edge

I've been lurking, but don't think I can make the June date. But that fall time frame I could probably pull off. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

The more the merrier!!!

Yes! It will be good to see ya again. Hopefully you've been working on your bunker game, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure it's never too early to start talking about formats!!!

Since we will be playing multiple courses, what if we did different formats each round? And people just accumulated points and we had 1, 2 and 3 places? Or do it as 2 man teams? Same principle, but 1, 2, and 3 for those pairs.

Here's a few to consider:
Bingo, Bango, Bunco

Also known as Bingo, Bango, Bongo. A great format when the company is of mixed ability because final scores don't count. Instead points are awarded for firsts: first player to reach the green, player closest to the hole, first player to putt out - and any others you'd like to include. Great fun and a brilliant way of including everyone in the day.
Stringball

Instead of handicap strokes, each player is allocated one foot of string for every shot of his/her handicap. Each player can move the ball by measuring the distance moved and cutting that amount from the ball. You can use the string to remove your ball from hazards, get it out of a difficult lie or to hole out. If you like you can offer the option to gain one foot of string for each birdie scored. Remember to take your scissors!

• MODIFIED STABLEFORD: Most well known as the format used in the PGA Tour event held at Castle Pines Golf Club near Denver, The International, a Modified Stableford awards extra value to strokes under par:
    • -3 points for Double Bogey or worse
    • -1 point for Bogey
    • 0 points for Par
    • 2 points for Birdie
    • 5 points for Eagle
    • 8 points for AlbatrossHandicaps can be employed into the system by grouping similar handicapped players together and modifying the scoring chart for each group to reflect the skill level according.
  • LAS VEGAS: Las Vegas is a fun game that really rewards birdies and at the same time can softenen the blow of a weaker player's score. Played in teams of two, the players scores are paired rather than combined in order to determine a team score. So if one teammate scores a six on the hole and the other teammate scores a four, the team score is a 46 (lowest score is always posted as the front number). If the other team scores a pair of fives, their score would be 55. The differential is calculated (55 - 46 = 9) and points are tracked throughout the round in order to determine the winning team; or points can have a monetary value (5 or 10 cents each for example) in which to pay out bets on.
  • STABLEFORD: Not quite as popular as the Modified Stableford format, Stablefords encourage players to accumulate points using the following scoring format:
    • 0 points for Double Bogey or worse
    • 1 point for Bogey
    • 2 points for Par
    • 3 points for Birdie
    • 4 points for Eagle
    • 5 points for AlbatrossThis format can be taken a step further by incorporating the handicap system. If a 24 handicap player were participating, they would be given 24 strokes during the round - one stroke on each of the 18 holes and two stokes on the six most difficult rated holes on the course (holes with a handicap rating of 1-6). A 10 handicap player would receive strokes on the ten most difficult holes (holes handicap rated 1-10) and no extra stokes on the other eight holes. The net score when then be applied to the scoring system above.

Back