Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Greens are obnoxious at Sleepy. Blah

Pine Hills is a good one but it's on the pricey end

It's is a little pricey. Course is always in great shape and greens are really good usually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue heron....(oh wait)

Just goes to show that the Roses Run deal is worth it. Great course and affordable with the 50 pack

Sleepy is only 30 min from me or so. Still will be a 5 hour round but it is more worth it then Big Met. Honestly I thought the greens were too slow last time we all went. There were a couple silly pins but I kept leaving up hill putts like 5-10 feet short. Either way good course and is hosting the city open tournament this year if anyone else is going to enter.

Just goes to show that the Roses Run deal is worth it. Great course and affordable with the 50 pack
Agreed especially with being able to pick our own tee times

Golf weeks top 10 publics in OH 2016. NE ohio domination
1. Fowler’s Mill GC (Lake & River), Chesterland (m)
2. The Virtues GC, Nashport (m)
3. Manakiki GC, Willoughby Hills (c)
*4. Sleepy Hollow GC, Brecksville (c)
5. Boulder Creek, Streetsboro (m)
6. Quarry GC, Canton (m)
7. Stonelick Hills, Batavia (m)
8. Little Mountain, Concord (m)
9. Black Diamond GC, Millersburg (m)
10. EagleSticks GC, Zanesville (m)*

Any list with Sleepy ahead of Boulder, Quarry, Little Mountain and EagleSticks is crazy haha but they're all good really. Except for sleepy

I think u may need to play sleepy again in the spring. Haha

I think u may need to play sleepy again in the spring. Haha

I've played it like 10 times and they've all sucked just as much haha I like the layout a lot. Just hate the greens

Im just glad shaker run in cincy isnt on there...great course 10 years ago...dump the last 6 years but still makes lists

And i think boulder is better than sleepy and manikiki easily

I've played it like 10 times and they've all sucked just as much haha I like the layout a lot. Just hate the greens

I hear ya. Some are just ridiculous. Should've seen them 10-15 yrs ago. They've actually flattened some of them out since then.

I've heard black diamond is solid. Also there's a few others...

Deer Ridge (Belleville)
Fire Ridge (millersburg)
Firestone Farms (columbiana)

I hear ya. Some are just ridiculous. Should've seen them 10-15 yrs ago. They've actually flattened some of them out since then.

USGA made them re do the really bad ones when they hosted the pub links qualifier. Sleepy is a strong course architectural wise. That is the reason they have it over boulder.

I think I've played 7 of 10 cant believe i didnt play stonelick down there but was always pricey

I just wanna play Boulder a lot

I still need to play manakiki, and need to get out to fowlers again. Only time I played fowlers it was cart path only and in bad shape.

Is Fowler's the Pete Dye designed one?

Alright Indiana boys, I have some new weapons coming today and it's supposed to be in the 60s this week. Who wants to play?

Only day I couldn't play would be Thursday.

The only one I have a problem with is EagleSticks. I have never thought it was as good as everyone says. The Dayton area courses never get any love and I like them all better than EagleSticks.

Not really sure about that list as to how some of the courses are above Boulder. I need to get out to Fowler's Mill before I head south.

Whoops i have played 8 of 10 forgot longaberger has a new name at 2

Back