THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I'm up for challenges. Will try to complete the THP challenge this weekend.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately MDGolfhacker has had to withdraw from Team DMV. I'm not gong to go into details about it because it's not for public knowledge really. However I will say that one of his comments was directed at not being able to be 100% committed to the Team, THP, and this event while life was getting a little tricky. I commend him for making a tough decision in doing so, but as the Captain I'm sorry to see this happen. I was looking forward to following his journey and everyone else's journey to July. I will be picking his replacement over the next day or so. I know it's natural to post the "that's to bad" kind of posts. But let's keep this about the event, the sponsors, and THP.

What at does this mean to those still wanting in?

Team DMV is looking for a Player! Someone who will fill this spot, donit with pride, use this as a way to better themselves, better THP, and be a positive role model for Team DMV. If that's is you. Tell my how and why you will be that guy! I don't want flowery words. I want something that will move me and this team. I will give you till 5pm today to make your case.

Alright Kevin, we danced around the issue long enough. I am your man and I will do everything I can to make a win happen. I am already working on my game like no other for the Gauntlet and will bring my best game possible to the Rivalry. I'm not afraid of the pressure that an event like this presents and I will be more than prepared to face the competition. As you undoubtedly know, I'm a positive guy who will always be quick with a (bad) joke or to take someones mind off something bad and refocus. Let's make this happen - all I need is the nod from you.

Have been thinking about the state of my game and how it stacks up to my current hdcp. It's been a long winter and not many chances to practice. After my first round this year I had some ups and downs. Tee game was terrible, iron play was not where I expected it based on warm up session before the round, short game and putting were surprisingly better than expected.

With one of the formats being best ball could you go out right now on an unfamiliar course and shoot within 5 strokes of you hdcp for 18 holes? If you couldn't do it right now, how much time do you think you need to get to that point?

for me I am not sure I could right now but think it will probably take me 3 weeks of 1-2 range sessions range and 3 rounds.

Have been thinking about the state of my game and how it stacks up to my current hdcp. It's been a long winter and not many chances to practice. After my first round this year I had some ups and downs. Tee game was terrible, iron play was not where I expected it based on warm up session before the round, short game and putting were surprisingly better than expected.

With one of the formats being best ball could you go out right now on an unfamiliar course and shoot within 5 strokes of you hdcp for 18 holes? If you couldn't do it right now, how much time do you think you need to get to that point?

for me I am not sure I could right now but think it will probably take me 3 weeks of 1-2 range sessions range and 3 rounds.

I think I could get pretty close to 5 strokes. I had a pretty nasty range session yesterday but played really well over the weekend. It would probably depend on which game showed up.

A group of Carolinas THPers are getting together this weekend at a course I have never played before, so I guess we will see.

Headed out for a little range time. Work on #Own125. A chance to give some thought to my final pick.

Headed out for a little range time. Work on #Own125. A chance to give some thought to my final pick.
Have a good session and keep focused while you are there. Enjoy it buddy

I think I could get to within 5... but my hdcp is terrible so it's not that hard. On the other hand...I could blow past it by 15 or so. My goal is to lower that hdcp and be able to hit it consistently by July.

Who's up for the challenge?
You know I would be there in a heartbeat. Not this time unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You know I would be there in a heartbeat. Not this time unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Haha I know dude, but that was more about the THP challenge.

Still room for you Thursday. Don't you feel a fever coming on? Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. :D

... any Carolina team members free in the next day or so? I'm over work so taking a few days off. Got a tournament Saturday and I'd like to get some practice in. I'd love to meet someone from here if anyone is available and maybe get a practice round in using one of the formats we'll be using to win in July.

Lemme know!

This is a great question. I played a course last week I haven't played in a few years, so it was kind of unfamiliar and I shot 5 over my index and was very happy about it. If I can do the same Thursday at RNK I will feel confident that I'm on the right track.

I think I could get to within 5... but my hdcp is terrible so it's not that hard. On the other hand...I could blow past it by 15 or so. My goal is to lower that hdcp and be able to hit it consistently by July.

i like your approach. What things are you doing to get that consistency?

I'm fairly confident, right now, that I could post a score within 5 strokes of my handicap. I hope to be at least 2 strokes lower by July.

Problem is... every time I've felt confident, I've fallen to pieces shortly thereafter, so...

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Hopefuls give me your pitch in one sentence... Go

Good luck to all the hopefuls! I know how stressful it can be!

I feel confident I could do it now. My game isn't great right now, but I can still slap it around the course well enough to play to my cap. All aspects of my game need work. Worked on my short game--pitching and chipping over my lunch break. That's where I will focus on for now.

Who's up for the challenge?

You know I am game for the challenge. I have a great idea in mind for the video will be funny I hope.

Well I got a lot of work in today with my PW and 60 degree. Changed a little something in my 60 degree swing and was hitting partial and full shots 100% better and further and more consistent than ever. Took that with me to PW and was able to flight the ball high and low and control distance. Will find out if I can transfer it to the course on Thursday when I am calling in sick.

Back