THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately MDGolfhacker has had to withdraw from Team DMV. I'm not gong to go into details about it because it's not for public knowledge really. However I will say that one of his comments was directed at not being able to be 100% committed to the Team, THP, and this event while life was getting a little tricky. I commend him for making a tough decision in doing so, but as the Captain I'm sorry to see this happen. I was looking forward to following his journey and everyone else's journey to July. I will be picking his replacement over the next day or so. I know it's natural to post the "that's to bad" kind of posts. But let's keep this about the event, the sponsors, and THP.

What at does this mean to those still wanting in?

Team DMV is looking for a Player! Someone who will fill this spot, donit with pride, use this as a way to better themselves, better THP, and be a positive role model for Team DMV. If that's is you. Tell my how and why you will be that guy! I don't want flowery words. I want something that will move me and this team. I will give you till 5pm today to make your case.

Well, not too many 2nd chances in this kind of event, hopefully guys that have disappeared come back and take advantage of this chance!

Unfortunate situation, but I imagine Team DMV will have very capable members step up and try to grasp this position. Good luck folks.

Well T2GRN18 I'm not sure if you are looking for a PM or not. But this is for the forum and I will say it here.

I believe that I'm your guy. I'm not going to sugar coat anything. Before team DMV was even a thought for RR, I was one of the first pushing for us to make it in. I haven't been on THP for too long, but I've been active and engaged wherever I can and have been fortunate enough to play in a few THP events already. My only downfall is I'm not very active on social media. There are some reasons for that, and if it comes down to that portion and I don't make the team then so be it.

I'm not the best golfer (I have my good moments), but my HDCP travels well IMO, and you can bet you will get 110% from me where ever I tee it up. I love pressure packed situations, and I'm not afraid of the moment. If I'm selected I will do DMV proud, and rep our sponsors well. I understand it's not about me, but the team and kicking the Carolina's teams @ss at the end of the day.

-Trey

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I didn't put that I wanted PM's for a reason. I wanted it all to happen right here in the thread. If people want it bad enough they will bring it right here for everyone to see.

I'm ready to step up Kevin.

You have been preaching #own125 for weeks. Yesterday in my round, I saw exactly why you say thst and why it's true. I easily lost 10 shots at least inside125 during the round.

It pissed me off and will drive me to #own125.

Ill get a look at the course on Thursday with current member mesamann777 and will plan on doing better than yesterday and then take that and continue to make it my strength going forward.

I have been supportive of the team since it was formed and think the chemistry I have with many of the team members will help build a cohesive unit.

As for Social Media and entire forum participation. I'll let my record on both those speak for itself.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately MDGolfhacker has had to withdraw from Team DMV. I'm not gong to go into details about it because it's not for public knowledge really. However I will say that one of his comments was directed at not being able to be 100% committed to the Team, THP, and this event while life was getting a little tricky. I commend him for making a tough decision in doing so, but as the Captain I'm sorry to see this happen. I was looking forward to following his journey and everyone else's journey to July. I will be picking his replacement over the next day or so. I know it's natural to post the "that's to bad" kind of posts. But let's keep this about the event, the sponsors, and THP.

What at does this mean to those still wanting in?

Team DMV is looking for a Player! Someone who will fill this spot, donit with pride, use this as a way to better themselves, better THP, and be a positive role model for Team DMV. If that's is you. Tell my how and why you will be that guy! I don't want flowery words. I want something that will move me and this team. I will give you till 5pm today to make your case.

I do believe that last paragraph described CAA_beat to a tee!!!!!!!!!Sounds like CAA_beat to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do believe that last paragraph described CAA_beat to a tee!!!!!!!!!Sounds like CAA_beat to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I appreciate the input, however that last paragraph describes a bunch of people really here on THP. The goal of this quick pick for each person that wants to be considered is to sell it. Make me believe that they are what's best for this position. Like MikeDean said a second chance for these events doesn't come around very often.

Looking forward to see who gets selected. Like 441 said 2nd chances dont always come around. Here is your chance

New life, Men. Bring it.

Hoping everything is OK with MDGolfHacker...

I am the guy to fill that spot. I have said it from the beginning that I really want to represent my region on a course pretty much in my back yard. Playing in my first THP even last year really got the competitive juices following for me and got me to better prepare myself as a golfer. This event is doing the same. It has got me to meet new people in my own area along with outside of it, and make some more golf connections. As for bettering THP all I can do is stay active and try and give my honest and best opinion. Hopefully something I say or do will help someone else along the way.

As for being the positive roll model that is what I do everyday, for my job. Teaching middle school kids and coaching high school kids I have to be a great role model, because for some I am the only one in their life that is. Either through picking up a teammate when they are down or lighting a fire under their ass when they need it I will be that guy. I think I have shown in all my post about this course/event that I willing to help out in any way I can. Plain and simple no flower words I am your guy and we will win.

P.S I can flip a tire on top of team Carolina's cart

Taking half a day on Thursday and going to play RNK, hopefully with a fellow THP'er, who shall remain nameless unless they want to share. I have been focusing on hitting high short irons the past couple of weeks because I think that is a requirement for this track. As I've said in a prior post, these greens can dry out quickly and they can be hard to hold.

I had forgotten what it was like playing new wedges with brand new grooves, I spun the ball off the green 3 times this past weekend with PV1's. I usually don't spin the ball that much. It was kinda fun though but I prefer hit and stop.

I am really looking forward to getting together with team members and getting some practice in. This is really exciting.

I usually take a couple of hours off work each week and play courses that I don't often play, courses near where I work. This spring however I will be focusing on nothing but RNK. Seems a little unfair to those who don't live nearby, but that's just the way the putt breaks.

I'm definitely ready to step up and join Team DMV.

When the event was originally announced, I knew the most important thing I needed to do for my game was to lose weight and play golf. I had gained a lot of weight over the prior 6 months and it was really hindering my swing. I looked at July 9th on the calendar and counted back six months to get my start date and never looked back. I have already lost 13 lbs and have 17 more to go before I reach my goal on July 9th and nothing is going to stop me. By losing that weight, I'll be in better shape physically and mentally to compete in the Regional Rivalry event.

As for my golf game. It is progressing. Winter golf is tough for me because I have young kids and daylight is so short. I have been practicing my putting a ton inside and I have gotten better and better. I have also been working on flexibility, which is improving.

I'll never be one to post 50 times a day on THP or on social media. My job doesn't allow me to be connected all day, but I try to do my best and catch up when I can and make meaningful posts when I can. That being said, I feel that my presence has increased here over the last few months and I plan to keep it that way.

If I'm going to practice today, it will be with this...ugh...

c8a44ad1d816e14061ba96b0167d5408.jpg

Who says there are no 2nd chances?! Who wants this?? I was thinking a steel cage match, but then figured whoever won would still be too beat up to practice!

Taking half a day on Thursday and going to play RNK, hopefully with a fellow THP'er, who shall remain nameless unless they want to share. I have been focusing on hitting high short irons the past couple of weeks because I think that is a requirement for this track. As I've said in a prior post, these greens can dry out quickly and they can be hard to hold.

I had forgotten what it was like playing new wedges with brand new grooves, I spun the ball off the green 3 times this past weekend with PV1's. I usually don't spin the ball that much. It was kinda fun though but I prefer hit and stop.

I am really looking forward to getting together with team members and getting some practice in. This is really exciting.

I usually take a couple of hours off work each week and play courses that I don't often play, courses near where I work. This spring however I will be focusing on nothing but RNK. Seems a little unfair to those who don't live nearby, but that's just the way the putt breaks.
Looking forward to it on Thursday. I posted earlier I was playing with you so it's fine. Hopefully we'll be teammates by then.

But if not,you know I'll be encouraging you own during the round and help any way I can.

Unfortunately, my circumstances remain such that I still cannot put my hat into the ring. Moreover, at this late date, it just wouldn't be right. Actually, I'm starting to get a bit anxious, I still show some symptoms, but test after test shows that I am OK. I'm beginning to think that I might need a "shrink". But be assured that I will continue to make every effort to be on the course ASAP, because I definitely want to be on the practice squad.

Just to improve the tapatalk view:

DYNALITE%20GOLD%20XP.jpg

Looking forward to it on Thursday. I posted earlier I was playing with you so it's fine. Hopefully we'll be teammates by then.

But if not,you know I'll be encouraging you own during the round and help any way I can.

Yeah, saw the post after I posted this one. Doh!

I wish you and all of the other hopefuls luck. I don't envy the Skip going through this again.

One would say that dude it working on a duece putting style :)

Beats flipping tires ... :tongue:

No. No it doesn't.

And posting this again because somebody who shall remain nameless quoted a picture post and FUBARed tapatalk again:

a9c1f0b1b492538c8d9a7ab51d1ed69d.jpg

One would say that dude it working on a duece putting style :)

Thanks. I'm now cleaning coffee off my desk and trying to clear it from my nostrils. :angry:

:laughing:

I'm excited to see who joins the DMV team but I'm not worried. I know the Carolina team is has been practicing for a while now and we will be ready.

Back