yonk15

On the putting green
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey hey!
I've been coveting new irons for some time now and I've narrowed down my search down to a set of Mizuno's. I've hit the MP-68 blades and the MP-53 (which is next years cavity back iron). They feel amazing but I really like the blade.

So I was wondering if THP has done a review of the 68's. This site always has really good information and some fine reviews.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave

No, I believe that is the only set of Mizzie irons from last year we did not review. We will have one of the 53's coming up soon though.

Okay, thanks, JB.

You should maybe take a look at Mizzie's new offerings. The 53's are very nice and supposedly as forgiving as the 300's. The JPX 800 Pro's are fantastic. Amazing feel with the forgiveness of the 200's. A nice cross between the 200/300's. I'm either getting those are going with a combo Ping set.

I've hit the 68s and I'm still currently planning on getting a set of them. Gorgeous clubs, one of the prettiest Mizuno have made.

They also feel amazing, and are the most forgiving blade Mizuno have ever made. I was very surprised at how tight my distribution was even on my warm-up shots! I can't see many reasons for not buying these bad boys if you know you hit them well. :D

I've tested both and would strongly recommend the MP-53.
The MP-68 is undoubtedly one of the best blades out there right now, but for anyone above, say, a two handicap, the 53 is the better choice. They look like a proper players' iron, but are forgiving enough to save you on mis-hits and feel just as nice. They still let you work the ball, too, so you are not missing out on anything.
If you can afford, go for the MP-53.

Thanks for the replies, Joe and the_paulo. I appreciate your thoughts. I'm going to hit them today at lunch. Can't wait to try them out again!

Harumph!!

:D You too Chunkylover77

Thanks for the replies, Joe and the_paulo. I appreciate your thoughts. I'm going to hit them today at lunch. Can't wait to try them out again!

Its after lunch... I WANT DETAILS!
The 800 pros are right up my alley and may be part of a christmas gift to myself. That is assuming I don't win a set at the outing....

Gus as soon as my putter sells I will be ordering the 800 pros. They are awesome.

Gus as soon as my putter sells I will be ordering the 800 pros. They are awesome.

I suppose I should be happy for you, but in all honesty I am just mad :)

Well....it is after lunch and I went to hit a small bucket of demo 6-irons before coming back to work. I didn't hit the 800 pros, however I hit the MP-53's and 68's. They are both really fantastic and I can hardly tell the difference between the two. The 53's, being a cavity back, fly a little higher and are nice and forgiving. The 68's have a more boreing ball flight (if that is spelled correctly) and really flight straight. I like them both....

I can't decide what I'm going to get. Will my gave improve to the level I want it too with the 68's (blade) or should I get the more forgiving 53's because they still feel great? Too many choices. It sure is fun! :drool:

Well....it is after lunch and I went to hit a small bucket of demo 6-irons before coming back to work. I didn't hit the 800 pros, however I hit the MP-53's and 68's. They are both really fantastic and I can hardly tell the difference between the two. The 53's, being a cavity back, fly a little higher and are nice and forgiving. The 68's have a more boreing ball flight (if that is spelled correctly) and really flight straight. I like them both....

I can't decide what I'm going to get. Will my gave improve to the level I want it too with the 68's (blade) or should I get the more forgiving 53's because they still feel great? Too many choices. It sure is fun! :drool:

Yonk I was just kidding before btw. If it were me(and it kind of is as I have hit the same irons you have) I would go with the iron that will give me the best chance of scoring on the off days. I hit the 800 Pros, 53's, and 68's and thought they all felt fantastic with a slight edge to the 68's when hit properly. But coming from blades I know how bad those off days can be when your not getting center strikes. That is why I'm going to go with the 800 Pros.

I suppose I should be happy for you, but in all honesty I am just mad :)

Lol I would be the same way. gotta get rid of the other stuff first though. I won the caddyshack trivia contest from Discount Dans and so will be getting these irons at a very nice price.

Back