#THPCallOut - Grins, come out and get your whoopin!

rbarthle17

One-length advocate
Reaction score
Handicap
cold rain
It's on like Donkey Kong!

Jeff and I have played a couple of times in the past, including as part of competing twosomes in the 2013 MI/OH Shootout. Now it's time to take this solo!

Date and Location: This will happen in one of the three rounds of the April 30/May 1 NE Ohio outing. Info on that outing here http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...016-NE-Ohio-Spring-Gathering-April-30th-May-1

Tale of the Tape:

Grins
Handicap

WITB
Driver: Amp Cell
3W: Amp Cell 3/4
5W: Bio Cell 5/7
hybrids: XR 4h, 5h Irons: Di11 (Half + Half shaft) 6-PW
Wedges: XR Pro 50*, MD3 56/12* W grind, PM Grind 60*
Putter: Z3c w/ SS 1.0 grip, FGP mallet

rbarthle17
Handicap

WITB
Driver: R15 black 10.5°
Fairway: XR Pro 14°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Alpha 815 20° and 23° (opened to 25°)
Irons: 7-GW XTD
Wedges: MD3 52° and 56° S Grind / MD2 PM Grind 60° and 64°
Putter: FGP2 USA Tour Special 35.5"

Can't wait!!

I will accept this challenge. Like Michael Breed says, "Let's do this!"

I'll keep the trash talk to a minimum because A) it's not my style, and B) it worked so well for Connor McGregor.

Rob is good people, and we will have a lot of fun even while he's going down in defeat.

Consider this the first undercard for the Regional Rivalry!

I definitely need more experience under competitive conditions, so this will be a great experience for me. Time to bring it strong!

Sounds like a fun callout, going to have to go with Grins in this one.

Sounds like a fun callout, going to have to go with Grins in this one.

I wouldn't argue with that choice. 8 strokes is a lot and Grins' big numbers tend to come on blowup holes rather than be spread out. Match play will suit him very well. But I'm up to the challenge and will do all I can to send Michigan some early momentum heading into July!

This should be a lot of fun to follow. I've never had the pleasure of playing with either of these two gentlemen. So strictly based on the fact that I prefer the XTDs, I'll go with rbarthle17.

Taking the who gets the pops and has been practicing so grins I think has the edge. Curious what course you guys choose though.

Grins because I love his profile pic of the car and dog! haha! :) Have fun guys!

Grins gets the W in this one. His game is coming around and he will prove it here.

Going with Rob mostly because he represents a superior state.

Taking the who gets the pops and has been practicing so grins I think has the edge. Curious what course you guys choose though.

We are looking for the one that will play fairly from the same tee boxes. I have a length advantage off the tee and we want to play something that will give us chances at being around the same distance for second shots. Recommendation is to play Legacy for this as its not bomb and gouge.

After talking with Philly V it sounds like Legacy would be the best choice for this match. It's certainly the course most guys prefer too.

I'm gonna go with Grins on this one. If you haven't seen this guy play lately you are missing one of the best improved swings I've seen in a looooong time. Dude is gonna make big strides this year

We are looking for the one that will play fairly from the same tee boxes. I have a length advantage off the tee and we want to play something that will give us chances at being around the same distance for second shots. Recommendation is to play Legacy for this as its not bomb and gouge.
Legacy is probably best then. Several holes a longer player will get into trouble with a driver and though there are some carries there aren't any grins can't handle from the blues.

Gotta go with Grins for the win!!!

Give me Grins on this one. We're from the same block. Not quite, but pretty close. A few streets down.

Never met these two gentlemen but I'll take Grins just because I like his blog name! Good Luck!

Grins FTW!

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence. Now I gotta back it up!

Just gonna leave this here. The end of my daily Skytrak session today. A few 3 woods to work on my balky tee game.

7f1439693c424ae981952ee1803babe0.jpg

Just gonna leave this here. The end of my daily Skytrak session today. A few 3 woods to work on my balky tee game.

7f1439693c424ae981952ee1803babe0.jpg

Now I see why you don't need a driver lol! I'm gonna need my A game to take you down! (And here I thought I was doing pretty good hitting my 3W 211 on the sim)

Shot a 40/50 today (6300 yard course). This kind of sums up the state of my game. When I'm hitting it well it looks like I can break 80. When I struggle , it looks like I can't break 100 lol! I'm hoping there's more of my "A" game for you to deal with during our match.

If I get a few more rounds in to help dial in distances, I should be able to give you a real challenge!

Shot a 40/50 today (6300 yard course). This kind of sums up the state of my game. When I'm hitting it well it looks like I can break 80. When I struggle , it looks like I can't break 100 lol! I'm hoping there's more of my "A" game for you to deal with during our match.

If I get a few more rounds in to help dial in distances, I should be able to give you a real challenge!

Please. If my tee game is anything less than good, you'll win 6&5.

We do need to decide on the stakes for this though.

Please. If my tee game is anything less than good, you'll win 6&5.

We do need to decide on the stakes for this though.

I'm thinking local brews. If you like IPA's, I'll put up 2 six-packs of White Rajah (The Brew Kettle, Strongsville OH:

What you got from MI? Bells? or something more local?

GRINS GRINS GRINS GRINS!!!!!

All day long here! #TeamOhio

Back