2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Catching up on the Grandaddy tread. You don't even know people! Seriously! EVERY TIME I grab my phone I'm taken back to those days! EVERY TIME I put on my Callaway pullover it's like putting on a coat of arms for me! Every time I grab my car keys, THP and this community in on my mind. This is the Grandaddy of them all, and to have a (2nd) chance to win with Captain Canadan and THP would mean....well I'm not going to sugar coat it. I HATE @#$%ing to loose!

I am a Grandaddy retiree, but I don't touch my clubs without thinking of this event. It's the pinnacle of my golfing experiences, and I suspect it always will be.

I've said this countless times, but it's worth saying again. It's not the clubs, it's not the swag, it's not the free trip. It's the people and it's an experience like no other.

It's the mother trucking Grandaddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will drop this here and then get flamed, but I am going to. The event has been a loss for Team THP for 3 straight years. Going in its all about redemption and coming out its all about it doesnt matter if you win or lose.

You know who says that? Teams that just lost.

Time to bring it. Test out the Callaway Gear (its ****ing good). Work on your game. Test out some more Callaway Gear. Get in the ****ing moment. I know Dan is going to be practicing. I know that he wants to win. Every year its we are going to bring the belt back. Followed by, it doesnt matter if you bring the belt back.

None of what I said above is true

So here I say, if the goal is winning, and your posts are usually filled with once a week stop in and bring the "We are taking the belt this year if you pick me" and then gone till Thursday (wait, todays Thursday) and then back again with lather, rinse and repeat, its going to be a tough go around. If you embrace the community as a whole, jump into the conversations, take in the THP Radio Shows, check out the THP TV channel and jump into the mix with Callaway Golf you could end up going on the trip of a lifetime. Just as I would venture to guess that half the people saying they want in, have not noticed we have two other events featuring THP and Callaway Golf and I can guaran ****ing tee that if I wanted in the Grandaddy of em All, I would be paying attention to those as well, even from the outside looking in.

THP is done with the one and dones for the Grandaddy....This year the program continues with #ChangeTheGame.
Team THP will be made up of Mutha Effin THPers. Not forum members. But ****ing THPers.
If you have not realized the difference yet, do some digging on THIS forum. :D
Why would you get flamed? All you said is the truth. However, it does go without saying that #TheGrandaddy is about meeting new friends, having fun and becoming alumni in an exclusive club. But, I like the emphasis on winning that effing belt this year. It's a contest and if we continue to be happy with loosing we will continue to loose. Whether I'm physically part if it or not, the belt needs to come to THP this year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why would you get flamed? All you said is the truth. However, it does go without saying that #TheGrandaddy is about meeting new friends, having fun and becoming alumni in an exclusive club. But, I like the emphasis on winning that effing belt this year. It's a contest and if we continue to be happy with loosing we will continue to loose. Whether I'm physically part if it or not, the belt needs to come to THP this year.

Its actually more about this community and the people here being THPers. Not just forum goers, but THPers.

Your right. Not worth it. I'm gonna check out of this one while I rack my brain and finish up a review on my clubs
Can't wait to read it. Ow that ive got mine where they need to be and my swing coming into form, im realky liking them. I'd love to be able to put a review on #TheGrandaddy and new equipment in a thread.

Can't wait to read it. Ow that ive got mine where they need to be and my swing coming into form, im realky liking them. I'd love to be able to put a review on #TheGrandaddy and new equipment in a thread.

It's in the thread a few posts back. Posted it last night

Phillyv is the cannon finally coming out of hibernation from the winter.... #TheGrandaddy #butthurt

Phillyv is the cannon finally coming out of hibernation from the winter.... #TheGrandaddy #butthurt

Not sure I get this but there is no butthurt for the grandaddy. Only 100% gratefulness. We are lucky as a community to have an event like this on the schedule year in and year out

I was just sitting here reading this thread and I dozed off. Woke up with a smile as I turned the phone back on and saw this thread! #TheGrandaddy will do that to you...

Not sure I get this but there is no butthurt for the grandaddy. Only 100% gratefulness. We are lucky as a community to have an event like this on the schedule year in and year out

I'm in full agreement. Just seems like there has been some whining from people in here of late about the process, a core group, etc. typical buthurt stuff haha. Maybe I was reading things the wrong way...

Exactly brother, and the tradition CONTINUES. Hope the next squad has as much fun as we did... how could they not?

If the dream happens I will be giving it my best shot with the rest of THP to bring the belt back to the rest of the forum

UK weather doesn't always help but the preparation is already underway with lessons and practice time. Looking forward to a golf trip in a few weeks time and then hopefully our annual UK event will be on the cards as well. I am also hopeful that I will be able to enter more of our club competitions to get the pressure situations dealt with so that I can really enjoy the whole experience if I am picked

Exactly brother, and the tradition CONTINUES. Hope the next squad has as much fun as we did... how could they not?

You got that right and Works hard to keep it going.

You got that right and Works hard to keep it going.

Each year I have wondered how it could be improved and every year you folks top the previous one....guess the sky really is the limit sometimes

Hard to beat the best!

Hard to beat the best!

Very true and we're talking about Callaway here! They're one of the best...if not the best...at being innovative and creative. They just get it. They are the cream of the crop and they will not disappoint. They literally took the 360 face up technology and put it in a forged iron! And their event planning team is top notch too!

Granddaddy greatness! I think about it everyday

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Its actually more about this community and the people here being THPers. Not just forum goers, but THPers.

Trying to fit that bill. I engage, I post, I read, and I have played with other THPers locally, support Albatross Club. Work schedule and personal issues have kept me from playing any away events more than a few hours from home. That is gradually changing.

Lots of emotion and excitement in this thread! I think everyone should just enjoy the process for what it is. Whoever gets in is gonna have a fantastic time.

Lots of emotion and excitement in this thread! I think everyone should just enjoy the process for what it is. Whoever gets in is gonna have a fantastic time.

True. But I spent two hours working on my short game today and am just fully catching up with this thread, just in case my number is called.

from what I have read I see there is a lot of strong emotions behind the #TheGranddaddy, I look forward to learning more about how THP'ers can be selected to participate.

from what I have read I see there is a lot of strong emotions behind the #TheGranddaddy, I look forward to learning more about how THP'ers can be selected to participate.

Just enjoy the ride and if you get picked make sure you spread the love of the event as much as you can for those of us that aren't as lucky so we can all experience some of what it feels like

Just enjoy the ride and if you get picked make sure you spread the love of the event as much as you can for those of us that aren't as lucky so we can all experience some of what it feels like
Well said, I've followed the live thread the last 2 years. It's as if you are there living the event with the participants.

Was just looking through pictures of the Hideaway courses online. My goodness. And I'm sure pictures don't even do it justice. Simply amazing views and holes everywhere. And getting to play it with THP'ers while battling the Zoocrew, I cant even imagine. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

Back