2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that's definitely cool
It is. She isn't naturally strong, she is stronger than she thinks she is, but she is a natural at the movements. It amazed me.

"Shove your knees out and sit your hips back until they are below your knees."

"like this?"

"yup, like that." squat coaching over.

It is. She isn't naturally strong, she is stronger than she thinks she is, but she is a natural at the movements. It amazed me.

"Shove your knees out and sit your hips back until they are below your knees."

"like this?"

"yup, like that." squat coaching over.
Well that takes stress off her coach hahaha

After another break from working out I'm going to do this for two months until I get conditioned again. Then back to the moving and shaking. :)

4decd6d10794ed04c2d7ecc210f1a71c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

First time ever pulling 315. Really happy with the speed. And it felt good.

https://vimeo.com/161535620

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a nice pull!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Had a solid workout today Arms/Legs 3x15. I have a golf match this weekend in prep for the RR so I want to see how my body reacts to the high rep workouts.

Squats @ 155lbs (50% max)
Ezbar curls @ 60lbs

RDLs, Calf Raises, DB Tricep Ext, Reverse Curls, Landmine twist, HHH, HKR, Push-ups.

On a crappier note, my shoulder has really been killing me through the day. I may have to see a doctor about it.

Nice job. Im going to give 3 plates a try soon.

I want to pull 4 plates, so bad, but I just don't know when to work it into my workout.

I want to pull 4 plates, so bad, but I just don't know when to work it into my workout.
405 @ 185ish would be awesome dude!

405 @ 185ish would be awesome dude!

By 1rm I should be able to do it. But like I said I don't know where I will be able to fit it into my lifting/golfing regime.

By 1rm I should be able to do it. But like I said I don't know where I will be able to fit it into my lifting/golfing regime.
Shouldn't be too hard really, it's not a life or death thing haha. Dont golf one afternoon and work your way up, boom done, pr.

Shouldn't be too hard really, it's not a life or death thing haha. Dont golf one afternoon and work your way up, boom done, pr.

Alright you talked me into it, tomorrow it is... Haha, use this unemployment to the max!

Alright you talked me into it, tomorrow it is... Haha, use this unemployment to the max!
Lol there you go! Take your time and smash it!

First time ever pulling 315. Really happy with the speed. And it felt good.

https://vimeo.com/161535620

Looked light. Keep it up.
Shít dude. The day after I pulled my 1rm I golfed. It ain't nothing you can't handle. If you want to progress on the dead, make it a focal point of one of your days. So some lighter weight lifts, either upper body or light legs, then work up to a heavy set of five. Next time in, add 10 or 15 lbs. It's very doable.

Squats and bench tonight.

I have decided that next week I am maxing out on the big three.

Squats and bench tonight.

I have decided that next week I am maxing out on the big three.
We.want.a.total!!

Well I do lol gives me something to work towards

We.want.a.total!!

Well I do lol gives me something to work towards
I'll give you one. I'm deadlifting on Saturday at a Starting Strength Pulls Training Camp. I am feeling like that will be a good time to max out the deads.

I'm thinking that 1240 is obtainable.

Today is the day, I'm only going to the gym to pull 4 plates.

I'll give you one. I'm deadlifting on Saturday at a Starting Strength Pulls Training Camp. I am feeling like that will be a good time to max out the deads.

I'm thinking that 1240 is obtainable.
Oh nice. That would be awesome! Give it hell, careful of your finger.
Today is the day, I'm only going to the gym to pull 4 plates.

Do it!

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

That was fun. Kinda anticlimactic as it went right up, but 405x3

http://youtu.be/awkUIZI8xHs

Finished it off with a 2 mile run.

Last edited:
That was fun. Kinda anticlimactic as it went right up, but 405x3

http://youtu.be/awkUIZI8xHs

Finished it off with a 2 mile run.

Looked light. Be careful with that bounce between reps. That's usually when the lumbar unlocks and low back hurts happen.

Been working out with the new Beachbody routine called 22 Minute Hard Corp. A ripped 57 year old Tony Horton is the main guy on this one along with a large group of various Military Veterans doing the workouts. It's good guys! Fast and effective! Only thing you need is a few dumb bells for a few moves and a pull up bar. That's it! One week down and having followed their diet plan and workouts I'm down 5 lbs. Workouts are 3 sets of 5 moves.

Looked light. Be careful with that bounce between reps. That's usually when the lumbar unlocks and low back hurts happen.

Thanks, I'll be mindful of that in the future. I was going add more weight and give it a go again, but mentally I came in thinking that 405 was going to be a struggle, and didn't have a number in mind to try, so I just let it at a good pull @ 405.

Thanks, I'll be mindful of that in the future. I was going add more weight and give it a go again, but mentally I came in thinking that 405 was going to be a struggle, and didn't have a number in mind to try, so I just let it at a good pull @ 405.
It was a good set man. No shame there.

To help protect the back, just reset between every rep. That may also help with the twisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back