Taylormade Introduces New Burner Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

TaylorMade Golf is introducing two new golf ball models, the next-generation Burner and the all-new Burner Tour, both designed to deliver maximum distance and exceptional feel to a broad range of player types. The Burner ball promotes extraordinary distance through high launch and longer carry; the Burner Tour’s soft and thin cover promotes softer feel, higher spin and increased control.

“When we designed the Burner and Burner Tour, we developed core formulations that promote maximum velocity, which translates to maximum distance,” said Dean Snell, senior director of golf ball research and development. “To achieve a significant improvement in greenside spin and performance in Burner Tour, we've employed the softest and thinnest two-piece cover of any TaylorMade ball. With the new Burner, the goal was to limit driver-spin and promote maximum carry, which could only be accomplished by combining a soft core and slightly firmer cover.”

REACT® Core for Phenomenally Fast Yet Incredibly Soft Performance
Both the Burner and Burner Tour golf balls incorporate TaylorMade’s proprietary REACT Core design to promote exceptionally fast ball speed while maintaining soft performance. Both employ soft core compressions, the Burner at 35 and the Burner Tour at 45. However, the Burner Tour's thinner and softer cover reduces its overall compression below that of Burner. As a result, the Burner Tour delivers incredibly soft feel and added spin around the green.

LDP Dimple Technology Promotes Improved Lift for More Distance
TaylorMade’s Low-Drag Performance (LDP) aerodynamics have been incorporated into the premium 342 LDP dimple pattern used in both the Burner and Burner Tour, which promotes improved lift for more distance.

Softer Yet More Durable IothaneTM Cover
Although the Burner and Burner Tour incorporate slightly different cover properties — the Burner employs an IothaneTM 60D cover while the Burner Tour employs an even softer Iothane 57D cover — both are exceptionally soft and resilient while also offering outstanding durability and shear-resistance.

Pricing and Availability
The Burner and Burner Tour become available at retail starting on Friday, October 15. Street price is $19.99 per dozen Burner and $21.99 per dozen Burner Tour.

1043250631_vwQYa-L.jpg

1043250834_SFMwo-L.jpg

1043250996_GmxST-L.jpg

1043251091_xHW3y-L.jpg

Last edited:
hmmmm... looking forward to trying them out...

JB, what would compare these balls in other brands?

Sounds like the Burner Tour is supposed to compete with the Gamer V2?

• Admin
JB, what would compare these balls in other brands?

Not sure without trying them, but going in, I would say the other 2 piece low compression hard cover balls.

DT, NXT Extreme (now just NXT), e7, etc.

Bit lower cost than their assumptive competitors... I really like what the companies are doing, especially being a guy that is more comfortable buying balls in the middle of the cost spectrum. I think it's only reasonable that they add more options for different player types, and I think these guys are really going to give the e series a run for their money (at least in my bag)..

...unless they are yellow (hahaha!)

Looking forward to these. The Burner LDP has been a good all-around ball, and I have played it quite a bit.

Good performance and cheap.

With my swing speed, I tend to gravitate to the low compression balls (Burner, Srixon Soft Feel, Callaway Diablo) so this seems like a great fit.

Those compression stats are a lot lower than the current Burner and Burner TP, 60 and 75 respectively.

The only thing that worries me - when I hear thinner cover I immediately think not durable. I hope they are able to have a happy medium.

I really liked the Nike Vapors, but they were not very durable off wedges and cartpaths! Also - the Nike Crush were terribly scuffy, compared to other balls in their price range.

I hope these will come in yellow as well, JB do you know if TM has any plans on that at all?

I hope these will come in yellow as well, JB do you know if TM has any plans on that at all?

As of now, we are hearing no.

Not sure without trying them, but going in, I would say the other 2 piece low compression hard cover balls.

DT, NXT Extreme (now just NXT), e7, etc.
Thanks JB... maybe a step down the current 3 pc Burner TP?

Updated 1st Post with pictures.

excellent, have you putt them or anything?

I got a free sleeve of these when I tried out the Burner 2.0's a few days ago but forgot I had them so I wasn't able to game them this weekend...

the price range is awesome, I cant wait to hear how they perform.

I'll definitely be buying a box of Burner tours. The price is awesome, and I really enjoyed playing the burner ldp tp balls.

Watch out e7, you've got a cheaper competitor!!!

not always better...hehe
I'll definitely be buying a box of Burner tours. The price is awesome, and I really enjoyed playing the burner ldp tp balls.

Watch out e7, you've got a cheaper competitor!!!

i read where the new Burner Tour will be a 2 piece where the current Burner TP LDP is a 3 piece. i wonder how much difference in performance there will be? i really like the current Burner TP. the price on the Tours are supposed to be $21.99 which is better than the Burner TP

i read where the new Burner Tour will be a 2 piece where the current Burner TP LDP is a 3 piece. i wonder how much difference in performance there will be? i really like the current Burner TP. the price on the Tours are supposed to be $21.99 which is better than the Burner TP

2011_BurnerTour.jpg

JB, did you get these to test as well?

They arrive tomorrow.

did the tours show up today? i believe they hit retail on Friday? is that right?

Back