Valero Texas Open Thread

Wow Steele is looking pretty good today 4 shots clear, hope Hoffman turns it on though and can win this thing.

Wow Steele is looking pretty good today 4 shots clear, hope Hoffman turns it on though and can win this thing.

I'm fine with either one :D

Interesting first page of the leaderboard.

Let's go Jason Gore

How long has Scott Stallings been back from his suspension? I haven't seen/heard him playing until this week, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Nevermind, looks like since October but he has only made the cut 5 out of 15 tournaments.

Wow, Rickey Barnes is colorful. Is he still with Wilson Staff? If so, him and Steele are giving the brand a little exposure this tournament.

Both Wilson Staff guys appear to be playing Taylormade M1 or M2 drivers.

Last edited:
Streelman and Harrington are also Wilson-Staff, and are in the top 20......

Did Charlie Hoffman just hit a 180 yard 8i?

He a lot of fun today. Walked the front 9 with Horschel and Bradley. Then hung out at the 15th in the shade the rest of the day. Some great shots out of the green side bunkers on 15 today.

Streelman and Harrington are also Wilson-Staff, and are in the top 20......
Wilson Staffers having a nice tourney.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The Ricky Barnes meltdown should make for good tv tomorrow.

Barnes just blocked that D200 hybrid off the planet.
Yep, I've done that.

This is the first year in a while where I don't have plans of going to watch. I worked it last year, ran the fairway laser on hole #10. Had a great time but I just seem less interested in going out there this year. Of course, with that being said, I'll probably find my way out there for the final round.
I did the shot link three years ago. Found it utterly boring. Standard bearing the way to go.

Barnes with tough couple of holes. Hopefully he can pull himself together.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Would like to see Martin Piller win. Watched a couple of his wins on Web.com and was really impressed. Would be some story if he and his wife Gerina get there first W's on the same day.

Come on Charlie close the deal and beat Reed, for some reason Reed just rubs me the wrong way. I say that after waking up from a wonderful TV Golf nap and seeing his face.....also saw Charlie walking to the next tee and the Seinfeld episode about walking without swinging your arms came to mind.

Now to try and stay awake for the finish.

The Ricky Barnes meltdown should make for good tv tomorrow.
Just got home, was Barnes fail even entertaining or just a good old boring I am in the last group so I will shoot 3 over and limp my way to a top 10 after leading

The group on 18 could be icing Charlie Hoffman right now.

Oh man. Hell of a shot from Reed

Hoffman for the win! Nice 10ft for the win!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Great finish for Hoffman. Super stoked for him.

Hoffman finally closes the deal.

I had him for the last 2 weeks, did not pick him this week. Happy for him though, that was a great up and down.

Back