Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

I hit 7 or 8 balls at the driving range tonight with this driver and it was a monster. Big beautiful high bombs. Shortest was just under 250 and went longer from there. Hit some to the back fence, can't remember how much further back it is, but they were long and all straight which is amazing for me.

I brought mine to Golf Mart today to compare it to the XR16 again and left even more impressed with the GBB. It's just a damn solid driver from the feel to the sound at impact!

This driver is silly. Had a bunch of bombs with it over the 36 holes played yesterday, and after looking at the face, most were actually high on the face. The forgiveness this thing shows with that miss is incredible. Because of that I can just swing confidently and easy and not worry about missing, since my misses don't seem to really penalize me much at all.

I just noticed this wear on the shaft and have no idea where it came from. It's like something has been rubbing at it. Has anyone seen something like this before?

8c3b1494fceacf4b7b59b01cf8e09d1b.jpg

94e21786ac7460bc4f25200b68c44963.jpg

3778e038e29394a672c7ce2910b73769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little update, I got a hold of Callaway and they're sending me a new shaft so that's good!

Just a little update, I got a hold of Callaway and they're sending me a new shaft so that's good!

That's extremely generous and awesome of them, especially since it doesn't appear that is any fault of theirs. appears to have been rubbing on something metal or sharp. Very cool on Callaway though and glad you're getting taken care of.

That's extremely generous and awesome of them, especially since it doesn't appear that is any fault of theirs. appears to have been rubbing on something metal or sharp. Very cool on Callaway though and glad you're getting taken care of.

He said the same thing about the bag. I got a new 14 way cart bag to replace my old 7 way stand so hopefully I won't have to worry about that anymore.

I had probably the most accurate day I've ever had yesterday with this driver in hand. I literally split 6 fairways right down the middle, some days I'm lucky to even hit 6 fairways. It was ridiculously easy yesterday, I just hope this is a show of things to come with the work I've been putting in.

I didn't skim the whole thread, so this may have been covered already, but what are people doing to add weight to the head as an alternative to lead tape? I've got mine cut down to 45", I'd like to add some weight. Are there heavier weights available?

Also, this is a long shot, but has anyone tried the GBB with a Tour Ad MJ 6x or 7x?

Thanks.

Still really like this driver. Compared my numbers to the XR 16 on the sim. For me, they are slightly better with GBB. Still tinkering with a couple of shafts, but not seeing a big difference on the course with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having some big issues with the driver tonight, a big case of the "lefts". All me, swing fault. The distance I was getting today put me in spots that I had never been before. Even being left, I managed to eek out enough distance to be well past some trouble spots on the course.

I had another round with my GBB today and it was amazing!

This was the first round of the year with my usual playing partner and he commented about how my driver was deadly and straight today! Here's used to seeing some big curvature with my driver.

I can't really express how much I'm loving my GBB right now!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Had my lesson tonight and introduced a couple new things into my swing and I hit some absolutely lovely shots with this club. Swing speed was down while trying to incorporate the new feelings but I was hitting the middle of the club and hitting nice high draws....so much so I am seriously tempted to drop the loft down a degree and see what happens

Putting a good swing on the ball with this driver just felt so sweet tonight and I can't wait to hit it again

The ball just jumped off the face of the club and had a nice high draw which felt so effortless

I have a Sun Mountain Four 5 bag which is a 14 way system and it still wore my Driver shaft similarly to your wear on the Kuro.

I have a Sun Mountain Four 5 bag which is a 14 way system and it still wore my Driver shaft similarly to your wear on the Kuro.

I just picked up one of those tubes to stick in the bag so hopefully that'll do the trick.

I just picked up one of those tubes to stick in the bag so hopefully that'll do the trick.
I had similar wear issues because of those plastic tubes. It was years ago though so that might not be relevant now? I'd keep an eye on it.

I hit this very well yesterday. Had some really good drives. I'm still seeing some good forgiveness on mishits with it too. There was another guy in my group that had the exact same setup as me, but his was set to 8.5 and mine is 10.5. He was launching his very well, and we both kept telling each other how much we love this driver.

Played another round with the GBB today and I'm amazed with it every time.

I hit one drive 315 yards today right down the middle and there was one tee shot where I know I hit the ground first and I still managed to poke it out there 270 yards!

This club is simply amazing!!

Just out of curiosity today, I ran with a 2 driver setup. Big Bertha vs Great Big Bertha.

Majority of the round I hit the Big Bertha, mainly because I tend to find the center of the face super easily. When I finally switched back to the GBB, man did I ever hit my longest drives of the day. Still trying to get used to the GBB, but when I catch one with it, it just amazes me.

Longest driver I"ve hit. Unfortunately my dispersion was very subprime, and consistency of contact was spotty at best. This thing is a hammer when hit solid though.

Has anyone had any luck acquiring a second sliding weight for their GBB? I cut the shaft in mine down to 44.5 inches and want to get the SW back up, but can't find a second weight anywhere. Seems like some people have been able to get them, but I just talked to a Callaway customer service rep and was told there wasn't anything they could do...

Has anyone had any luck acquiring a second sliding weight for their GBB? I cut the shaft in mine down to 44.5 inches and want to get the SW back up, but can't find a second weight anywhere. Seems like some people have been able to get them, but I just talked to a Callaway customer service rep and was told there wasn't anything they could do...

There was a thread a few months back started by someone who got an extra weight, and I believe he got it off the bay. I searched recently though, and there weren't any available.

There was a thread a few months back started by someone who got an extra weight, and I believe he got it off the bay. I searched recently though, and there weren't any available.

Thanks. Yeah - I check eBay daily...no luck.

Hope to find one at some point also. Want to try mine "animal" style and see how it affects things.

20160506_201757 [12238].jpgThis just came in for winning my Fantasy Football league this past year. I can't wait to add to the reviews!

Back