NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovechkin with more shots than the entire flyers team..... Someone should tell the flyers to stay out of the box so he doesn't have as many looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't backstroms stick....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's garbage! It was his own players stick

Terrible terrible

That's garbage! It was his own players stick

I mean from the refs view it looks bad.... But on replay it clearly shows it was his own players stick... But you can't take back a penalty that's called.... And it's a 4 minute.... Wow.... Now a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes.... Huge turn of events

Refs taking over this game and in a horrible way

Refs taking over this game and in a horrible way

Wow, back back terrible calls making it a 5 on 3 for a long time... Refs trying to even up the calls

That call on Niskanin was terrible

You don't miss on a 2 minute 5 on 3 and win.

I mean from the refs view it looks bad.... But on replay it clearly shows it was his own players stick... But you can't take back a penalty that's called.... And it's a 4 minute.... Wow.... Now a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes.... Huge turn of events
If they're so worried the calls, why can't a penalty be reviewed. Offsides can but not penalties? That's just stupid.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That holding the stick was clear as day

If they're so worried the calls, why can't a penalty be reviewed. Offsides can but not penalties? That's just stupid.

That's a great question.... My honest thinking? Penalties are subject to interpretation a lot, what was the intent? Did he fall on his own? Did he put himself vulnerable? Etc... Offsides.... Was the puck over the line first or did he have control yes or no.... More black and white where as penalties are a huge grey area.....
Don't ask me to explain goalie interference challenges though... I've got nothing

I don't understand why they don't just put a ref in a booth, he can call down at any time and say "you got that one wrong" when it's obvious. No need for challenges or anything else, just and extra set of eyes.

Bam! What a finish

Have to shoot high on this goalie

That's a great question.... My honest thinking? Penalties are subject to interpretation a lot, what was the intent? Did he fall on his own? Did he put himself vulnerable? Etc... Offsides.... Was the puck over the line first or did he have control yes or no.... More black and white where as penalties are a huge grey area.....
Don't ask me to explain goalie interference challenges though... I've got nothing
You know what I don't like, an offsides play that is overturned could go on for an extended time. I just hate the rule. Stick to just reviewing whether the puck crosses the line and leave human error in the game. the way the NHL calls penalties it just seems like a joke.

Finally!!!

You know what I don't like, an offsides play that is overturned could go on for an extended time. I just hate the rule. Stick to just reviewing whether the puck crosses the line and leave human error in the game. the way the NHL calls penalties it just seems like a joke.

Human error should be eliminated whenever possible, I just don't see what is appealing about it.

But the review process as it is is clunky.

Human error should be eliminated whenever possible, I just don't see what is appealing about it.

But the review process as it is is clunky.
Overturning goals over inches sometimes is overkill. It's hard enough to score in this league.

Eliminating human error in a league that calls penalties like the NHL is a joke.

Haha a la Mr. Hasek there

Overturning goals over inches sometimes is overkill. It's hard enough to score in this league.

Eliminating human error in a league that calls penalties like the NHL is a joke.

I agree, the way penalties are called is a joke, so let's clean up the way they are called.

I agree, the way penalties are called is a joke, so let's clean up the way they are called.
Agreed, that would be my priority over reviewing offsides IMO.

Multiple cross checks to the back of Ovi no call of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back