jamie_garrett

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I currently play a Callaway XR with a Fujikura Fuel 60 shaft. I went to a demo day over the weekend and hit on a Trackman, and the Callaway rep told me that my spin was around 1750. I would like to change shafts to try to increase my spin. How does the Fuel compare to the Diamana S+ 60 and the Kuro Kage TiNi? Would either of those help me out?

I currently play a Callaway XR with a Fujikura Fuel 60 shaft. I went to a demo day over the weekend and hit on a Trackman, and the Callaway rep told me that my spin was around 1750. I would like to change shafts to try to increase my spin. How does the Fuel compare to the Diamana S+ 60 and the Kuro Kage TiNi? Would either of those help me out?
Kuro Kage is pretty low spin as well. The S+ is definitely higher spin. About 1k rpm over the Kuro Kage in my testing

Kuro Kage is pretty low spin as well. The S+ is definitely higher spin. About 1k rpm over the Kuro Kage in my testing
So the Kuro Kage wouldn't help my spin any?

To be fair, just looking at spin in a vacuum is difficult. There are many factors that can affect how a shaft plays. What is your driver loft? Launch angle? Ball speed? Ball flight, shot shape?

1750 rpm is crazy low. I'm intrigued by your situation.

To be fair, just looking at spin in a vacuum is difficult. There are many factors that can affect how a shaft plays. What is your driver loft? Launch angle? Ball speed? Ball flight, shot shape?

1750 rpm is crazy low. I'm intrigued by your situation.
Right now, I have my XR set to 11*. Not sure on my launch angle or ball speed. My swing speed was around 97. My typically ball flight is a mid flight, and I typically have a little bit of a draw.

I live in a pretty rural area, so I don't have a lot of options when it comes to trying new shafts and clubs. I just kinda have to buy something and hope that it works, and if it doesn't, then pray to God that I can re-sell it.

Right now, I have my XR set to 11*. Not sure on my launch angle or ball speed. My swing speed was around 97. My typically ball flight is a mid flight, and I typically have a little bit of a draw.

I live in a pretty rural area, so I don't have a lot of options when it comes to trying new shafts and clubs. I just kinda have to buy something and hope that it works, and if it doesn't, then pray to God that I can re-sell it.
Im in the same rural boat as you. I dont think the Kuro Kage will help you much. It may, as blugold said, based on your swing. The Kuro Kage is low spinning for me, and I tend to spin the ball a bit.
Ive been on a monitor with both and the S+ has been a consistently higher launching and spinning shaft for me and Ive hit it in drivers, fw woods, and hybrids.

I do not know how it compares to the Fuji Fuel though

Im in the same rural boat as you. I dont think the Kuro Kage will help you much. It may, as blugold said, based on your swing. The Kuro Kage is low spinning for me, and I tend to spin the ball a bit.
Ive been on a monitor with both and the S+ has been a consistently higher launching and spinning shaft for me and Ive hit it in drivers, fw woods, and hybrids.

I do not know how it compares to the Fuji Fuel though
I am going to try the Kuro Kage out and see what happens. It's worth a shot. I know the Fuel isn't a good fit for me. Hopefully I can sell the Fuel and recoup a little of my cost.

I am going to try the Kuro Kage out and see what happens. It's worth a shot. I know the Fuel isn't a good fit for me. Hopefully I can sell the Fuel and recoup a little of my cost.

I would caution you to try before you buy the Kuro Kage. I'm a high spin player(driver swing speed in the 108 range) and play the Kuro Kage TiNi x flex in my Mini 1.5 which I hit off the tee 10 times per round. The Kuro Kage TiNi is one of the lowest spinning shafts I've ever played and I'm guessing, everything else being equal, it will spin less than your Fuel.

Gaaaahhhh, I don't know what to do. I hit the TiNi in a BB Alpha at the demo day and really liked how the shaft felt. I thought I had read earlier that the Fuel is a low spin shaft and the TiNi is a low-mid spin shaft.

Gaaaahhhh, I don't know what to do. I hit the TiNi in a BB Alpha at the demo day and really liked how the shaft felt. I thought I had read earlier that the Fuel is a low spin shaft and the TiNi is a low-mid spin shaft.

If you make it out to a THP Event you can test a bunch of shafts on the range with a launch monitor to give you some assistance on what is working for you.

How you looked into Basileus shafts, especially the alpha shaft. Very low spin high trajectory. They ain't cheap thou.

Not all Kuro Kage shafts are the same, depends on whether its oem or aftermarket. Depends if its tini or not, whether its 50,60, silver, xm, xt, etc. Lot's of different spins. Callaway's Kuro Kage is more spinney than the aftermarket equivalent models.

If you hit the Tini (which model? 50, 60,etc.) in the Alpha good, go on ebay and buy one with an adapter. There is one in tini 50 stiff for $80 from proclubs, great place to buy shafts.

Not all Kuro Kage shafts are the same, depends on whether its oem or aftermarket. Depends if its tini or not, whether its 50,60, silver, xm, xt, etc. Lot's of different spins. Callaway's Kuro Kage is more spinney than the aftermarket equivalent models.

If you hit the Tini (which model? 50, 60,etc.) in the Alpha good, go on ebay and buy one with an adapter. There is one in tini 50 stiff for $80 from proclubs, great place to buy shafts.
The one I hit in the Alpha wasn't Callaway's Kuro Kage. It was a Kuro Kage TiNi 60. I bought one and will get to try it out tomorrow (weather permitting).

Back