THP FF Week 5 Thread

And the Veto strikes again. In other news the definition of irony is in the headlines!

_JL_ vetoes a trade that he does not like and then makes a similar trade. Only to have that one vetoed (possibly)

I mean comical to say the least in the grand scheme of things.

haha I love making the FF football thread crazy!

VETO VETO VETO!!! lol

so if we veto Bridges trade is that unfair and upsetting the balance of the league?

so if we veto Bridges trade is that unfair and upsetting the balance of the league?

I have a legit argument though. I didnt know Moss was getting traded or even trade talks where going on until after the Trade was accpeted.

The problem is, when we made the trade the Moss to the Vikings deal was still just a rumor. Even JB said he didn't see it happening.
Can we really use this "vote period" as an excuse to back out just because something happened after the fact, I don't know.

I just wanted to put this out there. I have veto'd bridges trade.

Spoiler
Because he paypaled me $20 hahahaa jk

should I sell my veto? How much is it worth Bridges...lol

Your going to offer me Rodgers? Im not sure I have the players to fork over haha

Is it wrong to consider vetoing your own trade? lol Technically I have the right to since I didnt know moss would get traded. Someone brought up a good point happy moss equals good moss and I know moss is happy now.

Rodgers and Barber for Wayne, Finley and squirrel

I just wanted to put this out there. I have veto'd bridges trade.

Spoiler
Because he paypaled me $20 hahahaa jk
haha
The problem is, when we made the trade the Moss to the Vikings deal was still just a rumor. Even JB said he didn't see it happening.
Can we really use this "vote period" as an excuse to back out just because something happened after the fact, I don't know.
Im not using it as an excuse. I can tell you right now, if I would have known He was going to the vikings I would have not traded him at all for that. I mean its just like if we did the trade then moss got traded to the panthers, you would no way want that deal. If moss was at the pats still then I would have no problem with it because you get is bye week to and I would have to do deal with it, now he doesnt have a bye week and Moss only getting 1 target wont happen with favre.

haha

Im not using it as an excuse. I can tell you right now, if I would have known He was going to the vikings I would have not traded him at all for that. I mean its just like if we did the trade then moss got traded to the panthers, you would no way want that deal. If moss was at the pats still then I would have no problem with it because you get is bye week to and I would have to do deal with it, now he doesnt have a bye week and Moss only getting 1 target wont happen with favre.
But our trade happened already. If he went to Carolina this morning, sure I'd be upset, but I wouldn't try to back out, it's too late.

I have mixed feelings about this one. Here is why.

On one side, I see this no different than someone making a trade and after the trade the guy going down to injury. It was just something that happened, and who knew? Sure the rumors were out there, but I didnt buy it, I still thought he was going somewhere else. Until I heard Rice might be done this year. But its the nature of the beast and part of FF. You reap what you sew. You make a trade offer, once its accepted, it should be a trade, barring collusion, in my opinion, the VETO should not be used.

On the other side, just yesterday, we had a similar situation in which a trade was made (2 starters for 1 star) and one of the participants in this trade felt as though the veto was necessary because he thought the trade was unfair to what he considered the losing team. However just hours later, he too trades 2 starters (1 injured) & a backup for a star and wouldn't the same rules apply in this case? Again, a case of you reap what you sew.

I wont let my vote count unless I need to. I think we should leave this one up to the participants in the league.

But our trade happened already. If he went to Carolina this morning, sure I'd be upset, but I wouldn't try to back out, it's too late.

You know you would try to get out of it, and I would let you out of it because thats just wrong when a player gets traded to a team without the other guy knowing it would happen when the trade was accepted.

You know you would try to get out of it, and I would let you out of it because thats just wrong when a player gets traded to a team without the other guy knowing it would happen when the trade was accepted.
I can honestly say I wouldn't. Just like JB said, you have to live with whatever happens after you press accept.

haha to be fair it was moss for LT/S Moss. It was worth a shot and I only did it twice. :D

It's a good thing I kept LT, he was a beast last week! Santana on the other hand laid a goose egg, but that was his only low production week(so far).

but he wasn't traded until this morning. It was only a rumor at the time.

I just want this to be known that if the trade goes through Im not going to be mad, Im not that guy. If the trade doesnt go through then great, but Its just Fantasy Football Im here to have fun Im not going to be mad at anyone and I hope there is no hard feelings with JL and I with whatever happens.

On the other side, just yesterday, we had a similar situation in which a trade was made (2 starters for 1 star) and one of the participants in this trade felt as though the veto was necessary because he thought the trade was unfair to what he considered the losing team. However just hours later, he too trades 2 starters (1 injured) & a backup for a star and wouldn't the same rules apply in this case? Again, a case of you reap what you sew.
Obviously, I think much higher of Ray Rice and much lower of Caddy and Harvin (at the time) than you do. That's why I thought it was unfair. If you think the same thing about my trade (before Moss went to the Vikes), then by all means press veto.

It's not right to veto me just because I vetoed one yesterday though, totally different situations.

This week is getting VERY interesting!

It's a good thing I kept LT, he was a beast last week! Santana on the other hand laid a goose egg, but that was his only low production week(so far).
He was a great pick this year!

but he wasn't traded until this morning. It was only a rumor at the time.

Yup your right, I didnt know of the rumor at the time either until after the trade. I probably would have waited till thursday(that way it takes place saturday) to make the trade final if I would have heard the rumor just so I could have seen what would happen. But like I said im not going to be mad on what happens, im not that guy.

I just want this to be known that if the trade goes through Im not going to be mad, Im not that guy. If the trade doesnt go through then great, but Its just Fantasy Football Im here to have fun Im not going to be mad at anyone and I hope there is no hard feelings with JL and I with whatever happens.
I appreciate you saying that bridges, and I feel the same way, no hard feelings. This isn't personal at all, just trying to figure out the ethics, regulations, etc of this whole FF trade process in general. It can get quite confusing.

Damn it all this veto crap is taking away from the Slump Buster Bowl.

Yup your right, I didnt know of the rumor at the time either until after the trade. I probably would have waited till thursday(that way it takes place saturday) to make the trade final if I would have heard the rumor just so I could have seen what would happen. But like I said im not going to be mad on what happens, im not that guy.

to be honest, I didn't know of the trade rumor until just after your trade was accepted either

It's like Eugene Robinson getting arrested before the Super Bowl.

Fantasy-Football-Toilet-Trophy-1.jpg

to be honest, I didn't know of the trade rumor until just after your trade was accepted either

Ya I saw it was accepted by JL then got on here to say it just happened then said $hit when I saw the post about the trade talks.

Back