Diablo Edge Tour VS Superfast (or TP)

WestTex

I'm the bomb.com
Reaction score
Handicap
Needless to say I'm wanting some opinions on the 2..well technically 3 drivers that I have listed. I figured at this point quite a few of you have at least demo'd if not gamed one of these.

I have hit the superfast 2 times now, plan to demo the Diablo Edge Tour on Friday at the range, and have not found anywhere to test the TP version yet sadly.

Secondly sadly no one around here has any way of letting my test the club with the proper shaft specs, so I will mostly be going off of feel when I do hit them and mostly paying attention to launch angle. For reference sake, SS around 115-120, natural fade that I'd like to keep, and in need of higher flight (mostly will fix with the shaft)

So please if anyone could help me out, I'd like to hear your thoughts on flight consistency, feel, forgiveness, and any other ideas you have on the subject that could make the decision easier on me :)

THANKS!!!

and.... I think I posted in the wrong part of the forums on accident, super lol.

Thx for the thread move!!!

Sorry, Tex, but the only one out of the three that I've hit is the SuperFast. It wasn't really for me, but for some it is a great driver. There are plenty of people who have played it and a few threads devoted to it. I haven't heard much about the Edge Tour around here.

the SF tp (superdeep?) and the diablo edge tour are going to come a couple of degrees open. you mention that you are a natural fader of the ball so i'm not sure if you would want that extra openness. although i tend to fade the ball and absolutely loved the ft tour when i hit it. i've hit the diablo edge tour and the superfast, never the superfast tp so i can't comment on that one. if you are looking for a higher ball flight then i think that the superfast will be better for you, but some people like the smaller cc's that tour version drivers offer. i wasn't the biggest fan of the diablo edge tour and much preferred cally's ft tour and i would recommend demo'ing that if you can.

I've hit the superfast and superfast tp. I didn't notice the open face that much to be honest. I thought the shaft they had in the TP was a lot better than the standard version. I hit the club at the demo day so I don't know if it was stock. They both are really light but surprisingly solid. I had more consistant shot dispersion with the standard and I would probably go with that one. Upgrade the shaft though.

I hit the Edge Tour. It was not very forgiving. I would give the edge to the Superfast in that department imo. I felt they had two different feels. The Edge was a little more solid to me. I liked the stock shaft (voodoo) much more too. When I was on the launch monitor at Golfsmith I could see some pretty good numbers and the distance wasn't far off from the superfast.

I hit the drivers on different days but I would still give my vote to the superfast. Once you get used to it, it's a really easy club to swing. The launch monitor numbers showed it to be a hotter club. Could have been the swing though.

I do want to say,having been to the demo day... There are some really slick drivers that are yet to be on store shelves. If you can wait, I would recommend trying to do so lol. I know that part doesn't help but I've put off buying a driver because I got to hit a couple that just blew my mind. I was sold on the Superfast prior to outing.

Sadly a major reason for these couple clubs is price point since the new versions are just over the horizons. Can't drop 300-400 on a driver, but I can swing a good deal on a few clubs at the local pro shop that I have most of my work done at. I've kept a keen eye on the pricing for these the last few months and we are just about there , except for the SF TP, and I'm not so sure about the 2* open part either TC. O but it looks so COOL!!!

Anyway, thx for the thoughts so far, and who knows, I may just end up waiting until next year to try this again if the crop is THAT GOOD!!! lol guess I'll just have to see if I can wrangle in the need to buy something >.<

Lol. It's really tough man. If you can't, I don't see any wrong in these drivers at all. The Superfast is a sweet club as well as the Edge. Because really, once those other drivers come out... new ones will be on the horizon. It's never ending. If it works and gives you optimal #'s, you won't need to consider the others imo.

Back