COD Black Ops review/meetups (Xbox)?

I like the idea of one shot = a kill, but I need to be able to last longer than that, otherwise, I walk around with a full clip all night, LOL. One thing I did like about the game, and it was said by Gamtrailers, is that they seemed to have made it a little more about skill, rather than how well you use the system to your advantage. But, I'm sure that will change relatively quickly.

I probably won't buy Black Ops but it's not horrible. The graphics are OK. It takes to long to kill someone. The only three things I really like about it are rc cars to annoy people, one in the chamber, and sticks and stones. I'll probably just stick with MW2 and Infiniti Ward.

Couple of questions snap. Is the RC car only for online play? and How are just the standard levels? I wont get to play online..

Havn't come across the RC car yet in Campaign mode yet.... Played through about 5 levels of the campaign and I was pleasently suprised with them. Better then the last game's campaign mode. This one focuses on Black Ops missions hence the title. So it's pretty cool, each level is a different location (cuba, russian prison camp etc etc) I like it.
The multiplayer is defintly the reason for all the hype though, but you will have a fun time with the campaign.

Alright I got it in on Monday and beat the campaign mode. It was ok, kind of short and I got tired of listening to crap about the numbers.

Zombie mode is intense and pretty cool, but its hard, very hard. They should give you a perk that you can pick before you go into it. Like faster reloading, more bullet damage or more ammo. Having to reload every 5 seconds sucks with 10 zombies running at you along with flaming dogs. lol

Would have like to seen some spec ops things like they had on modern warfare 2. If it had that then it would have been a great game, but campaign gets old real quick and those of us that dont have high speed internet or play online get tired of the zombie mode real fast. The spec ops would have been perfect to add to this.

The crossbow with explosive arrow is my favorite one and oh it takes a good 5-8 shots just to kill someone. That kind of sucks. Overall not bad but should have lengthen the campaign by a few levels, added the spec ops or called it "black ops" and added a perk to zombie mode. I know its suppose to be hard but in video games people like to do good, so I think that could have helped in making it a great game instead of an above average game in my opinion.

Haven't played the campaign yet, but the online is starting to grow on me. I was hoping the graphics would be better though.

Online play is always fun, but I dont have high speed internet. O and welcome to THP!

Thanks, yeah high speed is a must to play online

If anyone here plays PS3 feel free to add me. RxGus!

Now I know why you haven't responded to my trade request you have been playing black ops all day haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah- I was at work and then went bowling!

I've been playing it and think it is pretty good.
I do not like the attack dogs though, bloody things!!

Working my way through the campagin mode too, which seems good. The Dragon's Breath shotgun is AWESOME!!

I am Guy NismO on Xbox Live, although I am in the UK so time difference could be an issue!

I need an honest opinion here. I was pretty good at MWF2 with a KD ratio of 1.6 , but this game seems like it takes FOREVER to kill someone. Is this just me or is anyone else noticing this? Unless I headshot someone it takes an entire clip with the Galil to kill someone. Gus I will add you on PS3 my tag is Ethax.

I need an honest opinion here. I was pretty good at MWF2 with a KD ratio of 1.6 , but this game seems like it takes FOREVER to kill someone. Is this just me or is anyone else noticing this? Unless I headshot someone it takes an entire clip with the Galil to kill someone. Gus I will add you on PS3 my tag is Ethax.

Easy answer is NoobToob!!! :devil:

Serioulsy though, can't say I've noticed that too much. I generally iuse the Enfield and seem to do OK with that.

Not to going to lie, im thinking about selling the game already. Already beat the campaign and the zombie mode is already getting boring, there isnt anything left to do but play the campaign missions over and over again. If I had high speed I would keep it but since I dont thinking about just getting my money back for it while I can. Dont get me wrong, its a pretty good game but I think I would rather have $50 back instead of playing it over and over again. Might buy it back later if I get high speed (doubt I will though)

I noticed the same thing on regular deathmatch, but on hardcore the M16 usually only takes one shot. I haven't found an automatic assault rifle that can rival the ACR from MW2 yet. All of them have too much bounce. I'm right at 1.5 KD overall on Black Ops so far.

I noticed the same thing on regular deathmatch, but on hardcore the M16 usually only takes one shot. I haven't found an automatic assault rifle that can rival the ACR from MW2 yet. All of them have too much bounce. I'm right at 1.5 KD overall on Black Ops so far.

My KD ratio is awful...they fixed alot of what was lame about MW2. I'm just gonna start playing HC, cause regular sucks.

PS, the fact that sniping still sucks pisses me off. Rant over.

Hardcore needs to hurry up and expand it's game modes. I think Demolition is absolutly amazing..... if it was hardcore. I use the famas and two guys with one clip is perfectly reasonable. The third guy is a problem.......

Anyone high enough to use the FAL yet? I loved it in MW2 for Hardcore.

I would love to play on XBL w/ my fellow THP'ers but I use way too much profanity while playing games like this.

Anyone high enough to use the FAL yet? I loved it in MW2 for Hardcore.

Mixed opinions on it so far. Buddy swore by it but hates it this time around.

JRod: Can't say anything about xbox live, but I've used it on split screen and I don't like it very much, that said, I didn't like it in MW2 very much. It's a solid gun but not my cup of tea.

Just finished the campaign this morning. I will say it was "ok" nothing too exciting about it.

I'm come to the conclusion that the only really good thing about this game is that Ice Cube is in it.

Back