Finally it's ski season again.

Now that the cold weather has made its way to Chicago, it is time to start tuning up the skiis. I just booked my travel plans for the annual Utah trip. We stay in Park City every year and usually hit Deer Valley and another place or two. This time we will probably ski the Canyons as well. I heard they have a new amazing lift at the mountain.

Anyone else getting ramped up for the ski season?

Nope, I am like a baby Giraffe walking when it comes to skiing

I will be getting my skis ready in a few weeks. Looking forward to it

One-T: Even Baby Giraffes learn to walk eventually though!

ddec: what are you skiing on? I finally replaced my 'everday' skiis two seasons ago.

ddec: what are you skiing on? I finally replaced my 'everday' skiis two seasons ago.

hahaha, man honestly, all the competetive basketball I played weakened my ankles so bad that I dont like anything on my feet like that.

I have a set of Atomic skis that I got last year. I had been using a pair of Rossignol flat skis for about 8 years before them. Changing to a shaped ski had a different feel for me at first, but I got used to them rather quickly.

I'm not a regular skier, but I do it every now and then. I went to the Canyon for a week in January 2009. It's a great resort and the skiing was fantastic!

Already been up to the mountains with my board twice. Going to be a good ski/boarding year in BC.

Mmmm fresh poweder

As soon as enough snow gets made around here I'll be getting my ski on

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

You skiers, are these any good?

100_0091.jpg

They were used one time and my mother gave them to me to sell for her.

I think my wife had this boot about 6 years ago. I think she liked them as far as comfort was concerned.

I think my wife had this boot about 6 years ago. I think she liked them as far as comfort was concerned.

Thanks, I don't ski, so have no idea. I'll likely post on Ebay cheap to move them.

According to a number of my ski bunny friends they're great boots to learn on but if you're doing high end technical sking these aren't for you.

According to a number of my ski bunny friends they're great boots to learn on but if you're doing high end technical sking these aren't for you.

Great, thanks for the info. That explains why my sis bought them, lol.

man its been too long since the last time i snowboarded

if only i were in san diego id make the run up there in a heart beat... the mountains on the east coast dont even compare

Bummer

Now that the cold weather has made its way to Chicago, it is time to start tuning up the skiis. I just booked my travel plans for the annual Utah trip. We stay in Park City every year and usually hit Deer Valley and another place or two. This time we will probably ski the Canyons as well. I heard they have a new amazing lift at the mountain.

Anyone else getting ramped up for the ski season?

We've got an awesome early season going on. Hopefully it'll keep coming. The Little Cottonwood Canyon resorts--Alta and Snowbird--are reporting a base of about 5 feet w/ a total of up to about 150" so far. The Park City/Canyons/Deer Valley side, not so much yet, but a good start to the season. When are you coming out?

We've got an awesome early season going on. Hopefully it'll keep coming. The Little Cottonwood Canyon resorts--Alta and Snowbird--are reporting a base of about 5 feet w/ a total of up to about 150" so far. The Park City/Canyons/Deer Valley side, not so much yet, but a good start to the season. When are you coming out?

i absolutely loved park city... it was so fun there

I am out there at least 2-3 times a year. Will be there the 2nd week of February for sure. Last couple years we have come at good times. Although the base was low last year in February, we came right as PC was getting dumped on. Got a few days of freshies and first tracks. Hoping for the same this season as well.

What is this.."skee" season you speak of? I've never heard of such whimsical things!!!

What is this.."skee" season you speak of? I've never heard of such whimsical things!!!

To "skee" is to squeeze your feet into some really uncomfortable footwear, attach some long sticks to the bottom of said footwear, then purposely slip,slide, and flail your way down a mountain whilst avoiding trees and other "skeers." Also normally involved is getting laughed at when said "slip, slide and flail" results in collision with tree or other "skeer" as well as freezing off parts of your anatomy such as an ear or nose. Oh, and you get to pay lots of money to do this!

Personally, I love doing this to myself...

Too funny!

So just learned that we have a boarder joining my group this year. Looks like Deer Valley is officially of the list; will probably spend more time at the Canyons and hit snowbird. And who knows, maybe this will give me a decent excuse to strap on the board again; it has been a while.

Too funny!

So just learned that we have a boarder joining my group this year. Looks like Deer Valley is officially of the list; will probably spend more time at the Canyons and hit snowbird. And who knows, maybe this will give me a decent excuse to strap on the board again; it has been a while.

For all the years I've been here, I've never tried boarding. I keep telling myself I will so maybe. Heck, a few years ago, I never saw myself as a golfer. (Depending on who you ask, I still am not! haha)

Anyway, to whet your appetite, here's a pic of the Canyons this morning from my office (yes, now I'm bragging just a little).
canyons.jpg

For all the years I've been here, I've never tried boarding. I keep telling myself I will so maybe. Heck, a few years ago, I never saw myself as a golfer. (Depending on who you ask, I still am not! haha)

Anyway, to whet your appetite, here's a pic of the Canyons this morning from my office (yes, now I'm bragging just a little).
canyons.jpg

Skullcandy??? I recognize the area. And yes, I am incredibly jealous that you are there year round.

No need to strap the board on; skiing is more enjoyable.

We have been all over the PC area, but now are near Park Meadows Golf Club.

Back