An Equipment Ho's Confessional

I was just curious if you have tried out the Fujikura Motore F1 shafts? (looking at getting one for my r9) Whats the flight like, feel, just some small details about it.

And have you tried any of the Miyazaki shafts? More specifically the C. Kua 59 model. Thinking about going that for a 3w and possibly driver to.

If you dont really feel like trying to answer questions from everyone, I completely understand.

I had Chip Usher in Savannah, GA install Motore F1 shafts in a Cobra S9-1 Pro S and a Cobra S9-1 F speed model. Both were the 65 gram models in X-Flex. Personally, I wouldn't suggest the 65 gram version of that shaft. While the shaft performs pretty well it felt quite harsh, IMO. I've heard the 75 gram version feels smoother at impact than the 65 gram version but I can't speak from experience. I wouldn't say it feels boardy during the swing though. I just didn't care for the feeling at impact.

I'd say its a mid flight, mid-low spin shaft.

There are better choices out there that perform just as well and feel a lot better and are in the same price range. The Oban Devotion comes to mind.

I can't comment on that specific Miyazaki shaft. The only Miyazaki shaft I have used was a Kasula Black.

I had Chip Usher in Savannah, GA install Motore F1 shafts in a Cobra S9-1 Pro S and a Cobra S9-1 F speed model. Both were the 65 gram models in X-Flex. Personally, I wouldn't suggest the 65 gram version of that shaft. While the shaft performs pretty well it felt quite harsh, IMO. I've heard the 75 gram version feels smoother at impact than the 65 gram version but I can't speak from experience. I wouldn't say it feels boardy during the swing though. I just didn't care for the feeling at impact.

There are better choices out there that perform just as well and feel a lot better and are in the same price range. The Oban Devotion comes to mind.

I can't comment on that specific Miyazaki shaft. The only Miyazaki shaft I have used was a Kasula Black.

Well the 65 gram was the one I was thinking about going with lol I hit the ball really high off the driver and heard that the F1 brought down the flight and the 65 gram was kind of more for control and accuracy as where the 75g would give you a little more carry distance. There actually not a bad price, found them for $100. But I just wasnt sure what to do..

Well the 65 gram was the one I was thinking about going with lol I hit the ball really high off the driver and heard that the F1 brought down the flight and the 65 gram was kind of more for control and accuracy as where the 75g would give you a little more carry distance. There actually not a bad price, found them for $100. But I just wasnt sure what to do..

I actually edited my original post to include that I felt it was a mid flight shaft. Mid-low spin. Its by no means a bad shaft. And feel is subjective so I hate judging equipment as good or bad simply based on feel. If I took feel out of the equation I'd say dollar for dollar there aren't many better shafts on the market. I do think the Devotion is superior but I'm sure they aren't as readily available as the Motore shafts when shopping around.

I have a feeling since I haven't played many different driver shafts maybe 4-5 that I won't really notice a difference in the harsh feel you were referring to but then again it's different for everyone. I really appreciate you helping me out! I guess if I don't like it can always turn around and sell it right? haha

Lpm, thanks for posting and sharing, now I do not feel bad about my few clubs purchases a year...lol

The best forged cavity back on the market in my opinion. I actually compared them side-by-side with the Mizuno MP-62. I found the MP-62 offered no noticeable performance enhancements over their earlier counterparts. I actually felt the MP-32 was more forgiving than the MP-62.

There are so many people that feel this way about the 32's. I think it is a shame that Mizuno is only making them available to the staff guys now. i know it is an older club but why let the staff guys have them if not for marketing purposes. But then they leave no way for anybody else to get to them. I have not tried to get them myself but I know I saw a post somewhere that said Mizuno was no longer selling them to the general market. They do show up on the used market.

I think it's time for you to open your own golf store ;)

You're awesome, especially buying and selling all that without losing your shirt. Never stop, and have fun.

I'm an apprentice Ho but I tend to lose a bit more money than I'd like...but its so fun to try new toys.

great post, thanks for sharing. you should write a blog about your equipment adventures :)

littlepingman - do you use a referral site to do your ebay shopping or just access ebay directly? you could be leaving alot of cash on the table if youre not using a referral. feel free to PM me if youre not sure what i'm talking about.

Fabulous posts! I can't even imagine it. It must be like Christmas every week for you! My wife complains because I have about 5-6 full sets plus about 50 extra clubs. I still have about 4-5 wooden drivers! I am DEFINITELY showing your post to my wife. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get those TM 2.0s that I want?

littlepingman - do you use a referral site to do your ebay shopping or just access ebay directly? you could be leaving alot of cash on the table if youre not using a referral. feel free to PM me if youre not sure what i'm talking about.

I was raking it in during the Windows Live/Bing cashback program.

Very impressive! I have to say that I am the exact opposite of you. I have been playing golf since I was eight and have never owned a new club in my life and the clubs I hit now I bought used about 7-8 years ago. I am constantly amazed at the patience of wives of my fellow THPers. I have about the most perfect wife ever and have been happily married for over 6 years, but if I got even a couple of new clubs a year I'm pretty sure she would divorce me :). I am finally going to get a new set of clubs and have been researching, and testing out clubs for about 3 months and probably will be researching for another 3 months before I finally pull the trigger. And then I will probably play these clubs for 4 or 5 years before I get another set. More power to you man!

Very impressive! I have to say that I am the exact opposite of you. I have been playing golf since I was eight and have never owned a new club in my life and the clubs I hit now I bought used about 7-8 years ago. I am constantly amazed at the patience of wives of my fellow THPers. I have about the most perfect wife ever and have been happily married for over 6 years, but if I got even a couple of new clubs a year I'm pretty sure she would divorce me :). I am finally going to get a new set of clubs and have been researching, and testing out clubs for about 3 months and probably will be researching for another 3 months before I finally pull the trigger. And then I will probably play these clubs for 4 or 5 years before I get another set. More power to you man!

sounds to me like you need the ole secret stash like I am sure most of us have. its my little envelope of cash hidden in my house. Golf purchases only. if she asks, I won it on THP. works 60% of the time every time!

Back