Best place to get fit?

Weezy

Reaction score
I have been fit with most of my current clubs, (exluding my putter), but I am looking to purchase some new sticks.
I live in southern Oklahoma, and we don't have much in the way of golf stores in our area. The closest place to get fit for new clubs would be Oklahoma city, which has a few to choose from. Golf USA, Golf Galaxy, GolfTEC, and the Ball Golf Center http://www.ballgolf.com/ballgolf/home.html

Where would you guys and ladies suggest to get fitted? Have any of you been fitted at one of these locations or franchises? I will take all for the input I can get!

I hope everyone had a safe and Blessed holiday!

GolfTEC...No question about it. If those are your choices, GolTEC is in a class by themselves.

GolfTEC...No question about it. If those are your choices, GolTEC is in a class by themselves.

I just went through a fitting for my new irons with GolfTEC two weeks ago and really liked the experience. Extremely knowledgeable and very patient.

I loved my GolfTEC fitting. Very knowledgeable, and they take thier time. They seem intent on improving your game.

Have to agree with everyone else - GolfTec is very very good

Thank you guys for the input! I appreciate it!
I have been pushed towards GolfTEC by a couple of fellow hackers. I have heard nothing but good things about how professional their staff is and their vast knowledge of countless equipment!
I will be getting fit in the near future, and will let you all know how my experience played out!

Thank you guys for the input! I appreciate it!
I have been pushed towards GolfTEC by a couple of fellow hackers. I have heard nothing but good things about how professional their staff is and their vast knowledge of countless equipment!
I will be getting fit in the near future, and will let you all know how my experience played out!

You wont regret it, getting your clubs fit makes a big difference, and it also gives you an extra little bit of confidence as you know you have the exact clubs you need.

Jeez I wish I had one of those closer than a 5 hour drive !! :banghead:

If you get fit by Golftec, do you need to buy the clubs from them? I have a golftec/GolfSmith near me, but I prefer to purchase my clubs from a different store. Will the Golftec guys give me my specs and I can take those in to my local shop and order my clubs or how does it work? What is the cost of a fitting?

If you get fit by Golftec, do you need to buy the clubs from them? I have a golftec/GolfSmith near me, but I prefer to purchase my clubs from a different store. Will the Golftec guys give me my specs and I can take those in to my local shop and order my clubs or how does it work? What is the cost of a fitting?

Of course not. GolfTEC is a place for lessons and fitting. You do not have to buy anything.

I recommend going in or calling your local store to speak with one of their coaches. Discuss what you would like to accomplish and they can get you a price.

I know this is off of the norm, but my suggestion would be wherever you can hit outdoors. I'm sure the hitting inside and getting specific data is extremely useful, but sometimes you need to see what is going on after you hit the ball. I want to know that whatever club/shaft combo I get, I can do different things with it. It's one thing to know that you have perfect 'numbers', but it is another to be able to see if you can hit a low, piercing shot into the wind, or a soft, high fade. I guess it depends on what you want out of a club. The last time I got new clubs I spend a bunch of time just hitting all the different shots that I knew I would come across during a round. I wanted to make sure I could hit them with my ideal club selection before pulling the trigger.

Does golftec do any club alterations there onsite? I have rather new equipment, so I'd be interested in getting fit if i knew they could just alter my equipment to fit my specs right there. I know if i am waaay off in my equipment, i would need to upgrade, but what if i just need a lie angle change? Has anybody gone there for the fitting then gone somewhere else for the alterations?

They do alterations and custom building for you there as well Duddledxu

Golftec fittings are the way to go

Back