Golf Game on ESPN (Wolf Creek Course)

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing this game for a couple days now when I get bored. Its pretty fun and really challenging. Just thought it would be cool to put a little competitiveness in it and see who could get the best score, and closest to the hole. If you have cheats or something like that dont even bother posting, its just a fun little golf game to pass some time. There is I think 3 more like this on there but lets just use this thread for the Wolf Creek course.

Here is the link
http://espn.go.com/free-online-games/sports/worldgolftour/wolfcreek

You dont have to register, you can just play as a guest.
Its a closet to the hole score over 9 holes. Measures by feet and adds penalties for landing in the rough,fringe, bunker, and lost ball. So say you land 12 feet away you are given 12 points, you want to keep your score as low as possible.

Just round to nearest whole number for your score.

Best score- 270
Closest to hole- 3.5 feet

You can play as many times as you want, if you screw up bad on the first few holes just hit refresh and it will start over. There is a little zoom feature on the right side to see the distances to front/back/to hole. Will take you a few holes to figure everything out, just ask if you any questions. I think I have most of it figured out.

You don't want to play this on a laptop! lol You need a bigger screen.

You don't want to play this on a laptop! lol You need a bigger screen.

Im playing mine on my laptop, but its all I have so I manage lol

I think mine is 17", but then again I hear my measurements arent very good (reference to snow haha)

Thanks!

395 first time out... 3.75 closet to the hole

395 first time out... 3.75 closet to the hole

Nice!

You can use the ball on the right middle side to hit shots higher or lower. And one tip that helped me is the wind doesnt really effect the ball until its at 9-12mph

Will help some of you out to, the one were you hit out of a bunker and have to carry the water to a elevated green try using a hybrid and making it go way up but not all the way full swing, thats the hardest hole to do, only hit the green once. If someone finds another club to do this with TELL ME PLEASE lol

edit: Nevermind, 3 iron and hit way at the bottom almost full swing works perfect. And its challenge 6 on there.

Last edited:
New best score- 190!

edit: closest to hole now 2.96

Im done for tonight..

Last edited:
154!! Number 23 on the leaders list, ripperTHP

AWESOME!!! Did you register? i guess I will just in case I put up a good one. I already have an espn account but think you have to make a seperate one.

What are you on the overall leader board?

I was already logged in from the ESPN Gridiron challenge, so they had my info. If you click on January leaders on the front page, you should see me at 23, although the scoring system seems to change, the leader has 6789 points and I am 23 with 16477, I dont know what that means, any ideas?

I was already logged in from the ESPN Gridiron challenge, so they had my info. If you click on January leaders on the front page, you should see me at 23, although the scoring system seems to change, the leader has 6789 points and I am 23 with 16477, I dont know what that means, any ideas?

Ya, just put a . in between the numbers. So 67.89 and yours is 164.77

Check out the Overall leader board and see were you are. We need to get a bunch of on there.

Nice going ripper, I tried 3 holes and was like 18 ft and 12 ft and those balls, both were a little right, tried the 3rd hole and hit the right side of the green and rolled into the water the 40 point penality was tough. I decided I am not coordinated enough to play that one.

Nice going ripper, I tried 3 holes and was like 18 ft and 12 ft and those balls, both were a little right, tried the 3rd hole and hit the right side of the green and rolled into the water the 40 point penality was tough. I decided I am not coordinated enough to play that one.

Haha, yeah its tough. I scored in the 400s a couple of times and eventually got the hang of it.

Wow, ok so registering makes it A LOT easier. So register if you can.

Easier how?

Easier how?

Well if you play as a guest, you play with the same clubs over and over and over were as you gain those level points which makes it easier and you can upgrade clubs by doing good, also the little meter thing slows down the better you get ( i think)

Cool! If you are able to upgrade clubs let me know how...that would make things interesting

Cool! If you are able to upgrade clubs let me know how...that would make things interesting

Click on menu then go to the clubhouse thing and its somewere in there. it showed me a little video of how to do everything when I signed up. See if its on there, im still learning all this myself lol

Can you use a long putter?

2 holes and 180 points, I'll stick to xbox golf thank you!

Oh, I didn't quit. 917 points! At least I was only 20 ft from the hole the last one. I'll try it some more, but I like tiger woods online more.

Oh great, it decided to glitch on me and made me use my driver from the rough when I picked 3 wood. Needless to say I got a 405 on one hole. 23 and 24 before that.

Oh great, it decided to glitch on me and made me use my driver from the rough when I picked 3 wood. Needless to say I got a 405 on one hole. 23 and 24 before that.

You can restart you dont have to finish it out if you miss up really bad. Just hit refresh or there is a little thing to click restart.

I saw that but thanks. 1116, maybe I'll make improvement tomorrow...

Edit: 381, still bad, but I had 2 over 100 and one at 58. Closest was 6.5

Back