Apple iPad. Did you get one?

the main reason I want one is for all of my airport time, now thats when it would be much more convenient to have an iPAD than my laptop.

the main reason I want one is for all of my airport time, now thats when it would be much more convenient to have an iPAD than my laptop.

I love the simplicity of it, and am a Mac user, but I think a Netbook is far more convenient, half the price, and has a keyboard to send emails.

I love the simplicity of it, and am a Mac user, but I think a Netbook is far more convenient, half the price, and has a keyboard to send emails.

I will have to check them out. I have never really researched netbooks

I haven't got one just yet, but am definitely going to get one, it just seems a lot of fun. And for me, I like the new gear! (even though it's not really that new anymore!)

I know I'll get one eventually, I've found myself just taking my iphone on trips now and I think once I can figure out how to do the business stuff on the ipad I'll be set to purchase.

The iPad Thread

The iPad Thread

Didn't think there was a thread for this already.

I'm super pumped for the new iPad 2 to be released, no matter what rumors are true or false, I've been drooling over the original iPad for a year and can't wait to see what new bells and whistles the next gen has. I'll be in line for that one for sure.

For those of you that have the current iPad, did you go 3G version, Wifi, or verizon bundle?

I can't wait for this to come out too! I think we are going to have to wait till Apr. 2 to get it though.

What are the new features that will be added? I have heard camera....

merged with an existing thread on the topic.

Yeah setting up that stand and connecting a keyboard is far more convenient than just carrying a laptop right? hehe

Actually had a discussion at work today regarding the need of having an Ipad and how you would use it in the work place. Our It-guys either love it or hate it and have or don´t have ideas as how to best apply it.

Call me boring, but I´ll stick to my laptop for now.

Actually had a discussion at work today regarding the need of having an Ipad and how you would use it in the work place. Our It-guys either love it or hate it and have or don´t have ideas as how to best apply it.

Call me boring, but I´ll stick to my laptop for now.

They gave me one a while back here at work and said "here see if it works for your job". Wow it was like trying to do my job with one hand. Did not work at all. Was it cool and fun to use for non work stuff? Sure. But its no work horse at all.

I was thinking of getting one for my work. Was going to load all of my vendors catalogs in it (PDFs) then I could have info available when needed. I think for that it might work just fine. Nothing too fancy but easier than carrying a giant binder of catalogs

Maybe it could replace the old sportspages while in the bathroom?:D

The iPad is definetly nice. But I feel like if you have an iPhone or laptop. The price can be a bit much especially if you buy the 3G version.

What are the new features that will be added? I have heard camera....

I think that's one of those questions that could get a million answers!! I think the short list of rumors has been:
Camera
SD card slot
Upgraded display (Retina maybe?)
Video out port
Larger internal speaker
Faster/new processor
More RAM

I'm not the greatest with technical terms.

Didn't think there was a thread for this already.

I'm super pumped for the new iPad 2 to be released, no matter what rumors are true or false, I've been drooling over the original iPad for a year and can't wait to see what new bells and whistles the next gen has. I'll be in line for that one for sure.

For those of you that have the current iPad, did you go 3G version, Wifi, or verizon bundle?

I received the 3G version as a graduation gift, and I now use it for 90% of my computing needs (typing this on the touchscreen keyboard) for surfing the Internet, emails (reading and replying), looking at videos/pictures, playing games. If I would break down and buy the software for office productivity, I'd use it to create word docs and spreadsheets. It is one of those devices that once you use it, you wonder how you lived without it. And I'm a long time PC guy.

For those buying one, I suggest getting the biggest one you can afford in terms of GBs.

For those buying one, I suggest getting the biggest one you can afford in terms of GBs.

I would agree 100% completely on ipad or iphones. I contastantly find myself narrowing down the list of stuff on my iphone 4, from now on, I'll always be getting the biggest possible!

And if it were me, Id just wait for the next one. You'll probably be sorry you didnt, IMO.

I just picked one up on Quibids for 46.23. I can't believe that site.

I just picked one up on Quibids for 46.23. I can't believe that site.

What the hell is Quibids? For that price Id pick one up too.

Back