Bridgestone TourB XD-3 and TourB XD-5 Drivers

Due out next year.
All clubs will be in limited edition form.

Always intrigued with B stone drivers.

That's a fun little announcement.

Limited Edition hmmmm

That's a fun little announcement.

Limited Edition hmmmm

To be fair, I think all of their gear has been limited edition the last few releases.
It backfired royally with the JGR driver, as they couldnt get them in time for sales, but the rest has just not been a big mover for them year over year.

To be fair, I think all of their gear has been limited edition the last few releases.
It backfired royally with the JGR driver, as they couldnt get them in time for sales, but the rest has just not been a big mover for them year over year.

Oh, i didn't know that, strange they also had issues with the balls hence the #BestBallEver hashtag too

Oh, i didn't know that, strange they also had issues with the balls hence the #BestBallEver hashtag too

I was unaware of that one. Its a fine line for some of the brands. You dont want to bring over too much and have it not move, but then you catch lightning in a bottle like the JGR and have to tell customers its going to be months.
They are going all in on the ball right now with Tiger to a 2 year deal and I dont think people will see or hear too much about the clubs.

I would say that there has been a pretty big transition with the new President, etc.

Bridgestone TourB XD-3 and TourB XD-5 Drivers

I was unaware of that one. Its a fine line for some of the brands. You dont want to bring over too much and have it not move, but then you catch lightning in a bottle like the JGR and have to tell customers its going to be months.
They are going all in on the ball right now with Tiger to a 2 year deal and I dont think people will see or hear too much about the clubs.

I would say that there has been a pretty big transition with the new President, etc.

The ball thing was more the marketing info wasn't ready.

I wonder the lost sales they had from the month delays, but still a better option than sitting on the inv and moving it for less than value.

Totally makes sense, I wonder if they can get tiger into some clubs, that would HUGE

New President he didn't have a golf background right?

The ball thing was more the marketing info wasn't ready.

I wonder the lost sales they had from the month delays, but still a better option than sitting on the inv and moving it for less than value.

Totally makes sense, I wonder if they can get tiger into some clubs, that would HUGE

New President he didn't have a golf background right?

Correct. He came from Pandora and Vera Bradley. Both very solid consumer goods products, so it will be interesting to see the transition. Last person that came from a background similar to that of golf was Revlon to Callaway and that did not go too well. This is a very different case however.

Hello - Any one try the 5 yet? Please let us know thank you

Hello - Any one try the 5 yet? Please let us know thank you

I have the XD-5. So far it has been working pretty well. It has a classic pear shape and is very appealing at address. The only off putting thing I think for people would be the sound. Very tin sounding but it flys well and the sound doesn't bother me. I was fit into this head to reduce my spin. It's not quite as forgiving as my old BioCell but it works well paired with the HZRDUS Black.

Put the XD-5 in play this morning for the first time. Paired with the v2 shaft. Was very pleased with the results. I fight a fade/slice which is a big reason I went with the 5 as it is draw biased. I only lost one ball to the right all day. Most shots were straight or went left which was a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to getting more time with this combo as today it seemed to work really well. The sound is a little pingy for me. I do prefer more of a thwack sound vs the tingy sound, but if it works like it did today, I'll learn to love it.

My time with the XD-5 this past weekend was a positive one. My miss is right and this being draw biased really helps with that. I got my XD-5 with the same shaft as my current gamer as I was fit into it. Im really liking this club as I had a personal best round with it yesterday paired with the BX ball. It is louder than my current gamer but its not alarming loud. But it talks to you. With the way it performed yesterday it just might replace my current gamer which is crazy because it performed really well for me. My playing partners were like "wow I didn't know Bridgestone drivers were that good?"

Color me impressed

3 PIC.jpg

1 PIC.jpg

PETE379;n8890065 said:
My time with the XD-5 this past weekend was a positive one. My miss is right and this being draw biased really helps with that. I got my XD-5 with the same shaft as my current gamer as I was fit into it. Im really liking this club as I had a personal best round with it yesterday paired with the BX ball. It is louder than my current gamer but its not alarming loud. But it talks to you. With the way it performed yesterday it just might replace my current gamer which is crazy because it performed really well for me. My playing partners were like "wow I didn't know Bridgestone drivers were that good?"

Color me impressed

Wow.....just when you had the advantage you get more of an advantage. That's just what you needed......

2BFAST;n8890089 said:
Wow.....just when you had the advantage you get more of an advantage. That's just what you needed......

Longer and straighter? Just what he needed hahaha

Played 18 this morning. Used the Hogan for the front 9 and the Bridgestone xd-5 for the back 9. 41 on the front. 46 on the back and it was primarily the driver that made the difference. With the Hogan I had a nice 10 yard fade going and really had one bad swing with it. The Bridgestone is draw biased as I can struggle with a slice but with the setup changes Danny Le has me do I haven’t been fighting the slice as much and every swing with the xd-5 was more of a hook and I lost a couple ob left. Once I adjusted for it, I was able to keep them in play but right now the Hogan is simply out performing the xd-5. This is still a solid driver and anyone who struggles with a slice would probably really enjoy this as it definitely seems to promote the draw but right now the Hogan is hard to beat.

Nerdy_81;n8897312 said:
Played 18 this morning. Used the Hogan for the front 9 and the Bridgestone xd-5 for the back 9. 41 on the front. 46 on the back and it was primarily the driver that made the difference. With the Hogan I had a nice 10 yard fade going and really had one bad swing with it. The Bridgestone is draw biased as I can struggle with a slice but with the setup changes Danny Le has me do I haven’t been fighting the slice as much and every swing with the xd-5 was more of a hook and I lost a couple ob left. Once I adjusted for it, I was able to keep them in play but right now the Hogan is simply out performing the xd-5. This is still a solid driver and anyone who struggles with a slice would probably really enjoy this as it definitely seems to promote the draw but right now the Hogan is hard to beat.

Interesting. How much do you think the shaft plays in this?

Im having great results with mine. Obviously shafts are the same in both my regular gamer and my XD-5 but im seeing great results with mine. Still getting used to the sound compared to my Ping G400 but im enjoying it so far. Im confident enough in it where im bagging it fulltime now.

PETE379;n8897765 said:
Interesting. How much do you think the shaft plays in this?

Im having great results with mine. Obviously shafts are the same in both my regular gamer and my XD-5 but im seeing great results with mine. Still getting used to the sound compared to my Ping G400 but im enjoying it so far. Im confident enough in it where im bagging it fulltime now.

Shaft might be playing a part, but I think it's more the changes Danny implemented have really helped eliminate the slice. So that, in addition to the head being draw biased, has me really going left. Obviously the club is doing it's part, I have just changed my swing and now it's overkill. The driver still performs great and I don't have any issues with putting it in the bag,but right now the Hogan is just working better for me. I will obviously continue to use both I just have to get myself to aim more right with the xd-5 which is a scary thing for a guy who fights slice issues haha.

Even though the XD-5 is draw bias I still tend to push this driver out to the right and hardly ever pull one left. When I have things figured out (been struggling with alignment) I can absolutely bomb this driver but it can be hit or miss. Not sure what's causing the push right (shaft weight, flex, etc) but that's my big miss.

Yup, the XD-5 has officially replaced my Ping G400 as my gamer driver. Put on a clinic last night at mens league.

Yup this baby is in the bag for good. Shot a career low 69 (par 70) at my home course last Sunday morning. +1 on the front, -2 on the back. I just could not miss with the driver. Then last night at men's league......my partner and I just raked in the cash. Man I thought my PING G400 was good.....hard to believe I got into something better than it

PETE379;n8905793 said:
Man I thought my PING G400 was good.....hard to believe I got into something better than it

Really?

2BFAST;n8905821 said:

Oh yeah. You don't ever believe me when I tell you this stuff on the phone do you?

PETE379;n8906428 said:
Oh yeah. You don't ever believe me when I tell you this stuff on the phone do you?

I do.....but I know how you are. lol

.......I actually sold my PING driver last night. If that tells you anything!

Put this in play over the weekend and it was fairly decent. I was able to keep it fairly straight. The miss is still left, but I wasn't snap hooking it left as I had been previously. I still prefer the Hogan to this, but when good swings are made, both are great clubs.

Back