LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I think every THP Team member should look in the mirror this morning and ask themselves if they want to win their match today.
Now for the one's who say "winning is not what matters here, it's about the experience and making new friends".....that's fine, great. Proud of you:)
For the one's who want to win , and are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal, consider the following moves:
1) on the tee boxes, stand directly behind your opponent and move a little bit when he/she is at the top of their back swing.
*the movement alone will be a distraction but if the sun is out creating shadows, even better.
2) on the greens stand on the opposite side of the hole, in your opponent's line of vision, sometimes standing still, other times moving, mix it up a bit.
3) when your opponent is in the fairway getting a yardage you start telling a story about dinner last night or a funny thing that happened at the hotel etc... anything to distract him/her so focus on the shot is lost.
4) on a par 3 tee box, if it's your honor to play but you're not sure about what to hit due to wind conditions, start searching thru your bag as though you're looking for something and, or , bend down to tie your shoes. Anything you can do to stall for time so your opponent gets impatient , hits first, and gives you a read for distance and wind conditions.
5) JB is Team THP's 13th man out there, use him. He can position himself on the par 4 and par 5 tee box landing areas to "help look for golf balls". He might find some for THP Team players and not find some for Team Callaway players (if you know what I 'm saying).

Caption this:

96ba5952f4585cbb76f4186135b0818d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dnevs: “Come on man she’s cute and her friend is into you”
Luke: “Dude. No. Her friend is like 100.”
Dnevs: “Her friend isn’t over 70. Do it for the Panda”
Luke: “.......”

I think every THP Team member should look in the mirror this morning and ask themselves if they want to win their match today.
Now for the one's who say "winning is not what matters here, it's about the experience and making new friends".....that's fine, great. Proud of you:)
For the one's who want to win , and are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal, consider the following moves:
1) on the tee boxes, stand directly behind your opponent and move a little bit when he/she is at the top of their back swing.
*the movement alone will be a distraction but if the sun is out creating shadows, even better.
2) on the greens stand on the opposite side of the hole, in your opponent's line of vision, sometimes standing still, other times moving, mix it up a bit.
3) when your opponent is in the fairway getting a yardage you start telling a story about dinner last night or a funny thing that happened at the hotel etc... anything to distract him/her so focus on the shot is lost.
4) on a par 3 tee box, if it's your honor to play but you're not sure about what to hit due to wind conditions, start searching thru your bag as though you're looking for something and, or , bend down to tie your shoes. Anything you can do to stall for time so your opponent gets impatient , hits first, and gives you a read for distance and wind conditions.
5) JB is Team THP's 13th man out there, use him. He can position himself on the par 4 and par 5 tee box landing areas to "help look for golf balls". He might find some for THP Team players and not find some for Team Callaway players (if you know what I 'm saying).

All of this may work in club or local state events, but I’m pretty sure if I saw someone do this at the Grandaddy, their bag would be waiting for them at the cart barn and they could just follow along the rest of the matches from their phone.

None of that gamesmanship is cool at the Grandaddy.

but no one was taking down @PETE379 and @Nerdy81 anyways. Those guys were ?!

One of the most memorable things for me was Pete379 blasting drive after drive and having his own gallery, lol. I wanted to join him but my swing was so terrible right then that I’d have just embarrassed myself.

Onward Grandaddy, and all hail THP!

Thanks brother, enjoyed the time we had.

The GD is just.....I cant even describe it and im just on the outside looking in. I cant imagine being there........

Fun thread to follow!

I don’t recall a single Sizzle post last night from the Nest or any sort of update from him as of yet. Did he actually make it home? Or is he sitting on a balcony somewhere with a crushed velvet robe, cigar in mouth, and breakfast being made?

#AssCap leaves no man behind. Everyone is accounted for, some later than others.

You guys and your long nights lulz

Callaway boys are vets at that.

my speech to them last night was this “You are grown men and I’m not telling you what to do, but you’ve come this far, dont ruin tomorrow for a few hours of fun tonight”

I think they got the message.

I dont know what to do with all of my gear.
#grandaddyproblems

I mean, you send your secret Santa their gift yet? This becomes more important if I am your recipient. If I’m not, I mean, it’s still a good question. It’s just not as good an answer :)

All of this may work in club or local state events, but I’m pretty sure if I saw someone do this at the Grandaddy, their bag would be waiting for them at the cart barn and they could just follow along the rest of the matches from their phone.

None of that gamesmanship is cool at the Grandaddy.

You don’t violate rule #1 at the Grandaddy, you just don’t.

So no one started their morning like this at a new "friend"'s place?

#AssCap leaves no man behind. Everyone is accounted for, some later than others.

my speech to them last night was this “You are grown men and I’m not telling you what to do, but you’ve come this far, dont ruin tomorrow for a few hours of fun tonight”

I think they got the message.
All heroes don't wear capes.

There shouldn’t ever NEED to be gamesmanship in any thp event.....especially the Grandaddy. It’s the experience of it all and the appreciation of what has transpired and the people who’ve worked so hard to make it all happen for you and this community. The absolute last thing I’d ever want out of a teammate or captain is an expectation of being petty to get a “win”. You’ve already won it all.....trust me. The belt is fun and bragging rights are great, but gamesmanship to get it? No thanks.

BTW, in case anyone else finds the acronyms confusing -- I did -- a couple of notes. I'm probably the sole outlier who didn't know, but just in case.

Callaway previously acquired both Travis Mathew and Ogio. Old news, yes, but I did not know that until the google provided me with some answers. So when @bigskyirish won a "TM" gift card, that makes more sense than how I initially processed it. :sneaky: Cuator shoes, the backpack, ... falling into place. /end silly note

I'm going to come off sounding like a dick here but you don't understand The Grandaddy.

I was just messing around this thread waiting for the action to start this morning and my unofficial numbers have 6 THP guys playing the new unnamed irons. 4 of them grabbed a point yesterday, pretty good results there. Be very curious how many of the ZooCrew are playing the new irons.

(6) New Irons unnamed: BigSkyIrish, Zbeekner4, ClarkGriswold, Tomcat, McLovin, Radiman,
(3) Epic Forged: Snickerdog, JordanInMich, JMB3
(2) Apex Pro 19: JSizzle9, Badolds
(1) Apex MB Blades: NoShanks

Due to the new irons being out of stock for me, I’m actually playing Epic Forged this week.

If the Callaway fitters did a good job today then Team THP should win the event.

I’m still 80 pages back but I’ve heard they have blueberry vodka lemonade drink ninjas there to ensure that it’s an even battle!

Also, all you 18 “guests” following along, sign up! Get the Albatross Club membership option (best 40 bucks you can spend and some of it goes to St Judes). I’d been a member for about 2 years before I was selected for an event, but only really actively involved for about 6 months. At least 2 of the 8 of us selected for it were almost brand new members, including my roomie. You’ll never have more fun on and off the course than during a THP event! It doesn’t matter which one, and no matter the company that supports it, your eyes will be opened with an inside peek at the industry.

Sorry for sidebar, I’m easily distracted:) On with the Grandaddy!

I can appreciate where you're coming from, but I assure you, the Grandaddy is MUCH bigger than this kind of stuff.

I came with half of this, this is the insanity that is #TheGrandaddy

1575556428893.jpeg

I'm going to come off sounding like a dick here but you don't understand The Grandaddy.

I'm hoping that the OP was trying to inject some sarcasm/humor into it and wasn't actually suggesting that people do that, but if I'm wrong this is 100% accurate.

BTW, in case anyone else finds the acronyms confusing -- I did -- a couple of notes. I'm probably the sole outlier who didn't know, but just in case.

Callaway previously acquired both Travis Mathew and Ogio. Old news, yes, but I did not know that until the google provided me with some answers. So when @bigskyirish won a "TM" gift card, that makes more sense than how I initially processed it. :sneaky: Cuator shoes, the backpack, ... falling into place. /end silly note

Also, a year ago Callaway acquired Germany-based Jack Wolfskin (which I think is a Northface-Timeberland type outdoor apparel gear brand ).

I'll take ways to **** up The Grandaddy for everyone else for $500 Alex.

Concur! There are ZERO losers here. Even following along, and not having the pleasure to have experienced it, that’s a very minor portion of it. Second place is damn good enough (I haven’t caught up to the golf yet so I don’t know where the battle stands, nor will I care:) )

Did everyone post pics of their Hideaway hauls yet? I don't remember seeing more than one picture of it.

I'll always regret not buying a needlepoint there. Too many awesome things at once haha

Back