LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Just catching up congratulations to Zoo crew on the win . I’m proud to be a THPer you guys represented us so well! This was my first Grandaddy follow, I found the forum in February and I’m so glad I did! I learned a ton this week following along! Safe travels home enjoy the rest of your time together! :cool:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to follow along. It means more than you know. See you in 2020! #TheGrandaddy

View attachment 8917741

You did amazing mike. You are what an #AssCap should be. You were there for the team the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of shots from today 93D131A1-DEC3-41D8-8F78-FAB6418D1339.jpegECA7FED0-05DF-424B-9FCD-9A15ACDB7E68.jpeg

So fitting that we took my son out to celebrate his fifth birthday and they brought him a choco-taco to celebrate!!! I'm hoping that's a good omen for next year!! :drinks:20191205_190906.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sure I’ll have more to comment on later, but I just wanted to say thanks to all involved in all sides of this. What an amazing follow...Team THP, you did the forum proud and did it the right way. I have no doubt I will reread all of this.
Have an amazing ride back and safe travels tomorrow.

Couple more
1670A7E7-A8AB-4234-87A3-5335F65CFBC2.jpegB36A4905-CE1F-4341-9A3D-EC325F108DA9.jpeg

Great work by @McLovin and @mikeg_74 for leading this team and getting everyone prepped for the experience. Everyone on the team killed it and it was a crazy awesome follow gents.

Zoo crew was incredible as always, as they didn’t rebuild, they just re-loaded the team.

@JB and @GolferGal, you already know how amazing this is and how incredible it is that you pull it off each time. But thank you for putting it together and allowing a few crazy basement dwellers the chance to once again do it next year as well. You both + Callaway is an incredible combo for events.

cheers for the show everyone and can’t wait until the drive to 2020 starts. ?

...And just like that....it's over. It happens so fast it's unreal. While they are still enjoying the bus ride home with laughs and drinks (hopefully without vomit :sick:), when it's all said and done, our team represented! I'm so ridiculously proud of these guys!...regardless of how the scores landed. This G they're rocking on their hats carries more weight than any scorecard and...yes...even more than that belt. It feels like that message made it home. Much of that is due to the vision of @McLovin and the veteran leadership of @mikeg_74! Fantastic job of leading these guys through this event with class, appreciation, and respect for the event....the hosts...and The Zoo Crew. Hats off to you two!

This was my favorite follow ever!!! I'm aware that's a lofty statement and I don't care! Holy crap was that fun!!! Maybe it's because I had a chance to meet and connect with this year's Team THP in some way, shape or form.....maybe it's because this event has had such a profound effect on me and watching it happen this year was sending shockwaves through my memories...maybe it's because there's something about that G that connects all participants past and present. Whatever the reason, thank you guys for letting me ride the wave with you. Thank you for shining up that G as Mike would say. Thank you to the Zoo crew vets and rookies for doing it again this year...giving 12 amateurs the chance to experience what cannot be explained.

Most of all, thank you for 2020! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

Did I miss THP team MVP?

Well done man!

What’s your opinion of what the most difficult part of the hideaway is? Each course separately...
I would say the dye course is slightly more difficult than the Clive course for the par-4 and par-5s but Clive is more difficult based only on the collection of par-3 holes. Neither present super difficult in general though. Hardest part for us THPers is just the jitters of the event plus new equipment that were getting used to.

Fairways are wide and forgiving. Greens are big and not overly difficult undulations but are SO pure. I loved the courses and the layout is so good and unique that I could play it everyday and never get tired of it. The courses defenses are the water and the native grasses. Theres a lot of it and if you’re not careful, you can lose your score and your ball quickly.

But hey, it’s the hideaway, the hardest part of the course is simply deciding between tacos or sliders at the turn ?

Did I miss THP team MVP?

I don’t think it’s been announced yet. Or I missed it too. Some good candidates for sure

Well fought everyone! Such a great time, the hideaway looks better than ever as does the company! I hope you’ll all take this with you for many years to come.

What. A. Day.

It’s hard to put into words what the last few days have been. But I’m going to try!

Thank you to our gracious hosts: @JasonFinleyCG and Callaways entire staff, Al Camara and the many members that accompanied each group for 2 days, Hideaway head pro Lehua, @JB, @GolferGal and the rest of the THP staff that help make this happen for us. No one is deserving of this but it is incredibly humbling to be treated like gold for a few days in California.

In regards to the equipment, I’ll spend more time in each respective thread for reviews once the embargo lifts on the new stuff. All I can say now is that what Callaway is doing is truly revolutionary. The tech works and the results are objectively better than anything I've ever gamed in my life.

Thanks to everyone on THP for following along. I hope you all enjoyed the follow. We’re on the bus for the next few hours so if you have any questions, fire away and I’m sure we can get them answered!

What did you like about the ball you played?

AD56D9E0-9F18-443C-881E-3F96E7834C14.jpeg

What a day

I am so proud of you boys from THP. Went out there, opened up your world to us for months, and you did the damn thing. Not an easy thing to accomplish, and the hard part is definitely ahead as we grill you post-embargo on all the sweet product, but still. Well done.

And to the Callaway fam, I am so incredibly fond of you... but freakin... whatever. :cool::cautious::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for sharing, helping relive the memories, and sharing yours with us. Just an incredible experience from start to finish and I’m glad another round was played and another gets to follow.

An amazing read through for the week. First, huge thanks to Callaway, the Hideaway, and everyone that made this week possible. The Grandaddy, there’s nothing like it - and it is so amazing the welcome and embrace that you have for the golfing community...

Congrats to the ZooCrew for another win. Well done and deserved (though don’t get too comfortable for next year.....)

Team THP really represented from the lead up through the week with their stories, shared laughs, real time scoring updates. Thank you all - a fantastic job representing THP and letting us have a small glimpse behind the curtain.

JB, amazing place you and GolferGal and the team built here. Thank you will never be sufficient but is what we have. Thank you.

Okay, Team THP, what was your best shot of the last 2 days?

Amazing day today with @JourdanInMich and @bigskyirish as well as The Slinger himself @StevenS_CG.

Two hotly contested matches where the ZooCrew had early leads but THP mounted furious comebacks. But better yet the weather was amazing and the camaraderie even better.

Jordan and Mike are two of the best guys you ever want to meet and represent what THP is all about. Would tee it up with you guys anytime. And I’ll bring the mini panda .

My 6th Grandaddy in the books, and it never gets old! Thanks all around to Darth @JasonFinleyCG and the entire Hideaway Staff.
2120f32ebae84961588fa7cf962dfa3e.jpg
bcd35fb1182da914870998b1cca8581b.jpg
aeea3805a9286d8c20fbc8d7cba282c4.jpg
6488256d1043a49d471e44d8a9b04bb2.jpg

I’m just going to steal @dacatalyst41’s words. He’s better at them than I am.
...And just like that....it's over. It happens so fast it's unreal. While they are still enjoying the bus ride home with laughs and drinks (hopefully without vomit :sick:), when it's all said and done, our team represented! I'm so ridiculously proud of these guys!...regardless of how the scores landed. This G they're rocking on their hats carries more weight than any scorecard and...yes...even more than that belt. It feels like that message made it home. Much of that is due to the vision of @McLovin and the veteran leadership of @mikeg_74! Fantastic job of leading these guys through this event with class, appreciation, and respect for the event....the hosts...and The Zoo Crew. Hats off to you two!

This was my favorite follow ever!!! I'm aware that's a lofty statement and I don't care! Holy crap was that fun!!! Maybe it's because I had a chance to meet and connect with this year's Team THP in some way, shape or form.....maybe it's because this event has had such a profound effect on me and watching it happen this year was sending shockwaves through my memories...maybe it's because there's something about that G that connects all participants past and present. Whatever the reason, thank you guys for letting me ride the wave with you. Thank you for shining up that G as Mike would say. Thank you to the Zoo crew vets and rookies for doing it again this year...giving 12 amateurs the chance to experience what cannot be explained.

Most of all, thank you for 2020! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

Back