Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

@DNevsCG just posted this on Twitter.

Beauty.

7d5862feacd77c149d018e8b735a10bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They. Fixed. The. Sound.

hit the SZ offering tonight. Sound was solid and loved it. Performance wasn’t really loads better for me, but I’d love to get an extended session with it against my Epic. similar to what I thought about the fairways, I think a fitting would get the best out of them for as I only tried the SZ, but without a fitting it didn’t blow me away other than I thought it look fantastic in hand and the sound was great.

the good thing is they had it in the -1” version so I was still comfortable swinging it, as that is what I play.

id give it much more time for sure, but I’m not rushing out and trying to order just yet. i do like what I see though in general.

They. Fixed. The. Sound.

hit the SZ offering tonight. Sound was solid and loved it. Performance wasn’t really loads better for me, but I’d love to get an extended session with it against my Epic. similar to what I thought about the fairways, I think a fitting would get the best out of them for as I only tried the SZ, but without a fitting it didn’t blow me away other than I thought it look fantastic in hand and the sound was great.

the good thing is they had it in the -1” version so I was still comfortable swinging it, as that is what I play.

id give it much more time for sure, but I’m not rushing out and trying to order just yet. i do like what I see though in general.
How would you say the sound is vs the original Epic?

I’ll be hitting up a trackman tomorrow to get some numbers for the driver and well as the 3 wood. Looking forward for a more detail overview
Alright! Can't wait to see the results!

Similar. But hard to truly say without hitting them side by side. It sounded back to fairly muted, which I like. I’ll say the fairway and the driver didn’t sound too completely different somehow.

Grandaddy team is crushing the reviews and feedback!!!

It’s a little more boisterous, but in a good way, not a sharp or loud way.

I’ll be hitting up a trackman tomorrow to get some numbers for the driver and well as the 3 wood. Looking forward for a more detail overview

I'd be interested to see your numbers in the Sub Zero driver. Either way, I feel sorry for the balls in the bay.

I'd be interested to see your numbers in the Sub Zero driver. Either way, I feel sorry for the balls in the bay.

Haha! My local DSG doesn’t have them in yet for some reason, so the sub zero numbers will have to wait till this weekend or early next week. I’ll be sure to bring my ventus shaft to test as well.

Haha! My local DSG doesn’t have them in yet for some reason, so the sub zero numbers will have to wait till this weekend or early next week. I’ll be sure to bring my ventus shaft to test as well.

That will be fun. We might need some footage.

There are 2 big takeaways for me with these drivers.

1.Sound - this will be the first thing everyone notices. Sound = Feel and for me this sounds way better than anything on the market. I felt EF was loud and harsh. This is the exact opposite.

2. Forgiveness - every model in this lineup is extremely forgiving. Don’t get me wrong bad swings are bad swings and there is no club that will eliminate a bad result when we put a poor swing. What this does do is the spin and speed all over the face are much more consistent so distances on mishits are much better than just about any other club on the market.

That is about 2-3 MPH faster than my Epic Flash SZ TD. Same shaft, same ball.

It would seem that once you get to your ball speed, 99% of the analysis would be dispersion and ball speed retention on misses.

Those #'s will be filthy.

1.Sound - this will be the first thing everyone notices. Sound = Feel and for me this sounds way better than anything on the market. I felt EF was loud and harsh. This is the exact opposite.

2. Forgiveness - every model in this lineup is extremely forgiving. Don’t get me wrong bad swings are bad swings and there is no club that will eliminate a bad result when we put a poor swing. What this does do is the spin and speed all over the face are much more consistent so distances on mishits are much better than just about any other club on the market.
Those are 2 pretty big things!

my recollection from the presentation is that the MAVRIK Sub Zero is heavily inspired by the EPIC Flash Sub Zero Triple Diamond. maybe someone can correct me, but my takeaway was that it is nearly identical in shaping. again, I may have misunderstood.

You are correct.

Haha, home soon dude. I’m letting the Gdaddy guys do their thing before I jump in the game.

jump in dude. The more the merrier and THPers want to know what your thoughts are.
@DNevsCG just posted this on Twitter.

Beauty.

7d5862feacd77c149d018e8b735a10bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is filthy

the OG Epic felt dead to me in sound and feel. I never knew if I hit a good shot or not. The Mavrik is not quite as muted, but no where near what the Epic Flash is. The best way to describe it would a sharp “Thwack” at impact.

That flash face is something else. It’s amazing what you get away with on mishits.

I will say whoever had a say in head cover quality, nailed it. Epic Flash and now Mavrik have some quality stock head covers. I hated the epic and rogue covers. Felt cheap and no confidence it could protect my clubs.

1579151142806.jpeg

I have to agree with you there. I haven't seen the Mavrik one but the Epic Flash headcover is damn nice and it looks like the Mavrik doesn't skimp either.

If I could get that trade in bonus to work I would have one of these headed to my house pronto for some very scientific experiments.

If I could get that trade in bonus to work I would have one of these headed to my house pronto for some very scientific experiments.
Are you getting an error when you enter the code BONUSMAV on their site? I know it can be confusing because it won't show the bonus on the site. But, I believe at some point during the checkout process, the Mavrik clubs on your order will show the 50% trade in bonus tag.

Back