Best restaurant meal you have ever eaten?

This requires no thought for me at all. Kayne prime in Nashville. Waygu steak and lobster tail, lobster popcorn, we have some sort of steak pops as well, all with a bunch of wine. It’s a fairly famous restaurant in that area and holy cow it was amazing.

best restaurant in my area of the world is hands down Strip steakhouse. Best steaks around and their lobster Mac n cheese when they have it is incredible.

A place here at home called Lucca's. It was a special so they've never had it again when I've been in. Filet Mignon with sauteed mushrooms, three white jumbo shrimp, the best garlic mashed potatoes I've ever had and some kind of sauce over the steak and shrimp but I have no idea what it was. Man, that meal was two years ago and I still think about it.

Dishoom in London.

Amazing Indian food. We ordered about half of the menu and shared them.

Dishoom in London.

Amazing Indian food. We ordered about half of the menu and shared them.

London gets a lot of slack for subpar food, but they have some world-class Indian restaurants.

Probably the Lobster Mac and Cheese at Hammock Beach

I have to preface this by saying my brother belongs to a hunting club, so I figure he spends about 500 dollars to kill a goose. I took a girlfriend (at the time) to Alain Ducasse in Paris for the season's truffle dinner and they shaved white truffles on everything and would only stop when you told them. 3 half bottles of wine, Champagne, white and then red Burgundy and I was in heaven. The girl, not so much and she thought spending that kind of money was obscene. Now I am retired and prices have gone up over the years, so no repeats are likely, but I have my memory and no meal can top that one even if it cost a goose a person.

This is a tough one. I guess it would be Czech-Tex Steakhouse in Snook, TX. Everything was homemade from scratch. They even raised the beef they served. Not sure what happend but it closed, last time I ate there was 10-11 years ago.

Not only is the food great, the service is exquisite. Drinks and coffee are unobtrusively refilled just before you finish the last sip. The waiter magically appears the moment you think of something you want. I agree the bread pudding souffle is some of the best I've ever had.

We ate there for the first time last November when we were in the Big Easy for a wedding. Awesome service and food.

I have no idea the name of the restaurant but I visited some friends in NYC a couple years ago and we went to an Italian restaurant that was just fabulous.

I still dream about it .. my bachelor party, Morton's steakhouse 14oz wagyu steak with sauteed onions, with a double lagavulin 16

Mama’s Fish House on Maui. And I’m not a huge seafood guy, but everything about the meal, from appetizer to dessert, was phenomenal. The views were pretty good, too! ?

77BF7777-4A80-4E1D-B261-2907DA8B352E.jpeg
71D867BA-51FB-4ABC-B769-9CC74D8FF0C2.jpeg

One meal I always remember is the Prime Double-Cut Pork Chop at III Forks in Dallas. I get this every time I visit my cousin there....it's outstanding!

Been there, done that and you are so right it is one dang good meal. I would have to say the best i ever had was the Delmonico at Durrant's in Phoenix

4 years ago, Burger King just outside the airport in Maui. It was a long day traveling, starting 5:45 am in Eugene, Oregon. delayed in San Fran, didn't get out of the Maui airport until after 10pm and Burger King was right there. Fries were hot, fresh, awesome. Whopper was juicy, flavorful and just the right size.... the whole family had their first happy moment in Hawaii

Okay, this one may require some thought. I know it did for me.

What is the best restaurant meal or meals you have ever eaten? Where was it at and what did you have? I am not looking for most expensive or fanciest meal, but just the one that tasted the best regardless of cost or location.

One of my top meals was last Sunday night at a place I have eaten at several times. Sal's Neighborhood Pizza on St. Simon's Island. I had the Salzone (a calzone) with pepperoni and mushrooms (no ricotta cheese though) and a side of tater tots. Damn it was good!! I think another one I would have to be the Loco Moco from a The Fish Hopper in Kona Hawaii.
Your best restaurant meal ever included tater tots? :oops: Got to get you to some new restaurants! :LOL:

I had an awesome meal recently at a place in Vegas called Echo & Rig. Rib-eye cap, roasted cauliflower w/ chili de arbol, thick-cut bacon w/ barbecue sauce, lamb cigars. Can't remember what else, but everything we ate was incredible.

This requires no thought for me at all. Kayne prime in Nashville. Waygu steak and lobster tail, lobster popcorn, we have some sort of steak pops as well, all with a bunch of wine. It’s a fairly famous restaurant in that area and holy cow it was amazing.

best restaurant in my area of the world is hands down Strip steakhouse. Best steaks around and their lobster Mac n cheese when they have it is incredible.
Kayne Prime is amazing. It is one of our go tos in Nashville.

4 years ago, Burger King just outside the airport in Maui. It was a long day traveling, starting 5:45 am in Eugene, Oregon. delayed in San Fran, didn't get out of the Maui airport until after 10pm and Burger King was right there. Fries were hot, fresh, awesome. Whopper was juicy, flavorful and just the right size.... the whole family had their first happy moment in Hawaii

I like your answer here !

jeez this is hard. i’m blessed to have consumed some truly unforgettable meals.

but the one i come back to time and again was the boeuf bourguignon at bistro jeanty in napa valley, paired with realm cellars “the bard” cabernet franc. the meal started with bone marrow on toast points, which was a great experience. i think i had creme brûlée for dinner. it was so hot inside and the chairs were ridiculously uncomfortable, but i’ll never forget the perfection of that main course pairing.

Last edited:
Steak I had at Harry Cary’s in Chicago probably tops it. The sides to go along with it were fabulous. Really tough to pick a single restaurant as I do eat at some nice places due to work...

Your best restaurant meal ever included tater tots? :oops: Got to get you to some new restaurants! :LOL:

I had an awesome meal recently at a place in Vegas called Echo & Rig. Rib-eye cap, roasted cauliflower w/ chili de arbol, thick-cut bacon w/ barbecue sauce, lamb cigars. Can't remember what else, but everything we ate was incredible.

Oh, I have had much nicer and much more upscale meals for sure. But sometimes the simple meals are often the best tasting. Besides the best meals I have ever had were prepared at home by my wife. She loves to sous vide and puts so much time, effort and love into it that no restaurant can compare.

The French Laundry in Napa Valley. It has a reputation as the best or one of the best restaurants in California it didn't disappoint. Super expensive but one of those places we went with another couple for our anniversary about a decade ago. Reservations on a weekend are booked out 10+ months.

I'm much happier firing up the grill or smoker and making my own ribs or steak at home or going to the local burger joint by our house that has the best burgers I've ever eaten. My wife and I could go get burgers and drinks at Red Cow a dozen times for what our dinner at The French Laundry cost.

i want to go there someday pretty much just to say i did. the reservations are booked so far in advance it’s nuts. you’re encouraged to pick a day, then try to call 12 months in advance as soon as they open and hope you get in. crazy. the thing that pisses me off about them is their wine list markup. thomas keller is rich af. and that restaurant has to turn a ridiculous profit on food. why gouge your guests on the wine when so many of those bottles can be sourced down the street at a local wine shop for like 1/5 of the restaurant price??!

I was about 11, I think (1983). We were on our every other year trip to Disneyland. There was a seafood restaurant directly across the street on Harbor Blvd called Anthony's Pier II (it's now a Tony Roma's). Now, being that age, I don't know how it actually stacked up to fine seafood restaurant but it was the first time I'd ever had King Crab legs and steak and I was IN LOVE. I still remember the bread and my own butter warmer (with the candle) and lemon wedges. I've never had a King Crab and steak meal to this day that has compared. They had a HUGE salad bar (hint that it wasn't quite fine dining) and one section was nothing but candy. Like full size Snickers bar candy.

To this day, I've been chasing that seafood experience. I'll never forget it.

i want to go there someday pretty much just to say i did. the reservations are booked so far in advance it’s nuts. you’re encouraged to pick a day, then try to call 12 months in advance as soon as they open and hope you get in. crazy. the thing that pisses me off about them is their wine list markup. thomas keller is rich af. and that restaurant has to turn a ridiculous profit on food. why gouge your guests on the wine when so many of those bottles can be sourced down the street at a local wine shop for like 1/5 of the restaurant price??!

It's also a price menu and the night we were there it was $350 per person or $700 if you wanted the wine pairings. We had been tasting at a few wineries that afternoon and brought our own bottle and the corkage charge was $150, lol. The standard corkage at all the other expensive restaurants in California is $35. We went back to the Silverado Resort where we were staying and drank in the room and hot tub late into the night.:)

I was about 11, I think (1983). We were on our every other year trip to Disneyland. There was a seafood restaurant directly across the street on Harbor Blvd called Anthony's Pier II (it's now a Tony Roma's). Now, being that age, I don't know how it actually stacked up to fine seafood restaurant but it was the first time I'd ever had King Crab legs and steak and I was IN LOVE. I still remember the bread and my own butter warmer (with the candle) and lemon wedges. I've never had a King Crab and steak meal to this day that has compared. They had a HUGE salad bar (hint that it wasn't quite fine dining) and one section was nothing but candy. Like full size Snickers bar candy.

To this day, I've been chasing that seafood experience. I'll never forget it.

Love this!!

Back