How Far Do You Hit Your Sand Wedge?

3-70 yards. I can hit it farther, I don't. Wedges and irons are all about precision. I'm using this club for short chips, greenside bunker shots, and short approaches. In each case, it's all about precision--getting the ball close to the hole. Beyond 70 yards I have other clubs that I can hit with more precision at those distances.

Once I get below a 9i, I only take 3/4 swings. My 54* is about 110.

I play 4 wedges and have them gapped/bent to full swing yardages from 110 yds in.

105 for me

85-95. 56degree Mack Daddy.
52 is 95-105, GW is 105-115.
60 is max 75 with full swing.

I would normally use my SW (56) from 80-90 comfortably

Always. 2 feet, 7 inches from the Hole. From any where on the golf Course. :ROFLMAO:

56 approximently 85-100 yards
60 approximently 60- 75 yards
I use the clock method to control my swing distance.

A couple of my longest ever hits have been with a sand wedge. I bladed one so far out of a bunker once that I had a full nine iron coming back again ...

Agree with many of the others though - I never hit a full sand wedge. My wedges are all partial swing clubs, and across a round I will often use the gap wedge, sand wedge and lob wedge all from 50 yards depending upon what type of trajectory I am trying to achieve.

90-95 with my 54*

I usually dont full swing any wedges, so for me it's anything from 70 - 85 yards.

I play a 54 and my typical number is 110, full.

56* is my 90-100 club.

My SW is 54 degrees and my full swing is 85 yds.
My AW is 50 degrees and my full swing is 105 yds. That shot is the most consistent and accurate in my bag.
My LW is 58 degrees and my full swing is 65 yds.

The SW and LW have the Ping Dylawedge grips and I've learned to hit all three 10 or 20 yds shorter with a full swing by chocking up. Below 45 yards, it's situational to determine the club and a combination of narrowing my stance and taking a shorter swing.

Full swing is 110 carry, but it will spin too much, I will play it anywhere from 90 up to 105.

70-75 yds, but I rarely hit a full SW.

My 56° is 90-95, with a smooth, firm swing

I carry a fairway SW and it’s my 90-100 club. I hit a 58 for green side bunkers and I’ll use it from the fairway up to about 65 yards.

I don’t like to hit full shots with mine and try not to use my 58* for more than 90 yds.

It used to be 85 but I am getting close to 78 years of age and it is now about 70 yards. Getting old has its advantages, but increasing yardage off the clubs is not one of them.

Mind telling me the advantages, other than wisdom? :LOL:

The closest regular wedge I have is a 54 and with a full swing (if I hit it right) it's a 75 yard club. This would be rare - I don't really consider it a full-swing club.

I am playing a 52* and 58* wedge and my distances are 115 and 97 yards, respectively, on full swings.

Back